• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Syndra been getting a lot of play cause apparently she'll be good in S4. Not sure why, but sure it's cause of the nami effect. Buff after buff while every other good thing in league for that lane/jungle gets nerfed.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Syndra has been buffed a few times since release, and the characters that give her the worst time have been nerfed.
Plus she has a high skill floor and high skill ceiling, and people are starting to really figure her out at a high level.
Really not surprising at all to see her being so popular now.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I would be fine with no Barrier. If you really need to stop early assassins as an ADC then just pick an ADC who can peel for themselves like Trist, or pick a support that can deal with assassins like Fiddle. Lategame it's not going to stop the Zed that can overkill you by like 3x.
We got along just fine without it before it was introduced.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As an ADC main, I think Barrier needs to be looked at. Because of Barrier (but moreso Flash, Riot just doesnt want to do anything with Flash for whatever reason), there is rarely a reason to take any other summoner. Only other choices are Cleanse in specific match ups and maybe ignite in kill lanes. Barrier/Flash are way too over centralizing imo and something needs to be done about them.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, Riot has already admitted that they balance the game with Flash being prominent in mind, but I still think it's just far too powerful and sometime down the line they need to fix that. Not soon necessarily, but they still should eventually imo.

And ignite on Support can be good, but again thats more for kill lanes, for specific MUs, or due to a lack of Ignite elsewhere on the team. That or they dont take Flash, which most do due to how strong assassins are.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think Syndra's been good for a long time (release), but now that assassins aren't *as* strong, she'll probably become fotm?

I also think barrier needs to be removed. Why would you ever take any other summoner on any AD ever?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All they have to do is make barrier a 3:40 to 4min cd instead of 3:09 min cd then you can all in 30 seconds before barriar is up.

Also barriar isn't the end of bot lane fun tbh. I still can net kills down there, but i'm still silver so dumb mistakes still.

So i'm enjoying Elise. Happy i took the trouble to be carried in 3s to gold.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I happen to love playing Jinx or twitch. Just anti-fun when they choose vayne or caitlyn and zone me out like ****** diamond players when they're plat or lower.

Sarix

Smash Ace
If I have to deal with Twitch I just pink ward the center of bot lane. Typically I play support since everyone despises that role when I queue but even as an ADC I'll buy a pink ward against Twitch.

I'm personally not wild about how barrier is over-centralized in bot lane. It essentially takes away from the supports job to protect the carry and allows the carry to get away with sloppier laning and positioning. But then again I'm looking forward to the changes for S4 supports and hopefully being able to do more than ward and be around to CC and use item abilities in teamfights and actually function as a support mage.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yeah, **** Nidalee. If there's any champion I had the least amount of fun ever having to lane (or just play against in general) it's that mess.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I love the people who tell you to just dodge them.
Doesn't matter if you dodge 99, the 100th spear that hits you gives them a free 4v5.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dunno what it entails exactly, but Riot is defiantly looking at her to be nerfed.

It's like the Rengar leak about his rework a while ago where someone on a stream leaked the info.

Coney

Smash Master
heard someone with an idea, just have the spear have scaling mana

kinda like kass / kog ult or something, each successive spear costs more mana.

it's probably the simplest solution, but having that kind of mechanic tacked onto a regular ability sounds weird

Top Bottom