• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd love another Nid nerf. Spears are so stupid. When I see one in ranked, I immediately pick Rammus jungle to **** with her.

Dphat, I'm a ****ty ADC. Is there any way you can explain to me how to trade vs. Vayne or Cait? When are the circumstances?

I play Trist and Graves, and it's just kinda difficult to tell. I usually just sit back and farm until jungler can help us out. Or if I have a Blitzcrank.

I've also always heard that Trist's level 3/4-ish area are really strong for all ins, but I never really know when to do that. I picked Trist primarily to hit level 18 and avoid everything possible in teamfights.

:applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>nidalee is now the third most banned champion
The cycle of nerfs and bans continues.
I hate Nidalee, but people picked Nid or Lux 90% of the time they saw me pick Malz so I'm incredibly used to playing against her. Would be glad to see her reworked, tired of the no risk high reward spears.

edit: wow Shyvana is even appearing in the banlist chart, that's mindblowing. I'd assume people just don't know how to play against her. I stop playing for a few days and this crap happens.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been playing Gragas for years now, and my first thought when he picked up some serious steam in Worlds was "Great, now everyone will pick up Gragas, GD will start to complain about how overpowered he is, and Gragas will be nerfed in a few patches."
Sure enough he's getting nerfs now.

It's whatever, as it won't stop me from playing Gragas as he's just one of my favorites in the game, but it's still bit of a bummer.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Shyvana is too good at dueling people. I still have no idea what to buy as defensive options against her. >.>

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Shyvana is too good at dueling people. I still have no idea what to buy as defensive options against her. >.>
Randuins is probably the best because it cuts her attack speed down which means she gets less Q's, and less procs of her E debuff.
She does so much mixed damage though so you still need MR... Oh and % max health damage because why not?
It's super expensive do mitigate her damage :X

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Randuins is probably the best because it cuts her attack speed down which means she gets less Q's, and less procs of her E debuff.
She does so much mixed damage though so you still need MR... Oh and % max health damage because why not?
It's super expensive do mitigate her damage :X
exactly, and you can't just muscle through her with damage because she just buys whatever she wants defensively and lives forever because shyvana~

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
GA would cover both but no health for you in the long run and not a great early buy.

Yikes, this actually sounds kinda scary on paper when I think about her Passive, W/E/Q. A lot of mixed damage upfront while being mildly tanky.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
shyvana top is broken as **** right now, her jungle is still kinda mediocre
"broken as ****" is a pretty strong statement. I could see her being "strong" but what makes her THAT good?
I bought her when she got reworked in order to play her top, I only really killed people in ganks or when they were stupid enough to duel me, if they were smart they would either poke me down from range or just farm safely from range. She's definitely strong against melees though, kinda like darius is/was.

Player-3

Smash Hero
what makes her THAT good is she has insane base hp, ridiculous damage, doesnt lose any lanes anymore because all her counter were nerfed, and her ult gives her four billion free defensive stats

not to mention some of the base waveclear on any top laner

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
To bad jinx ****s on vayne and goes even with cait and twitch also ***** vayne in lane, so if you're getting zoned out by vayne you may want to learn when to trade and not to trade.
The problem for me is I can try to zone em, but their support tends to do a lot of damage early on, along with tacking on their autoattacks. Zyra/Sona/thresh with those two while I usually get supports like lulu sona leona blitz janna etc..
I mean, even if they zone me and keep me away from cs, I still tend to win the lane eventually and even the game. I should've prolly mentioned it wasn't specifically Jinx and Twitch I get zoned out by those two since I try to play most of em to get a decent grasp on AD's like corki varus kog and ashe.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The problem is that Riven is a character that doesn't particularly care if she loses lane. She's still gonna splitpush like a *****, get strong from all of the accrued gold, and one shot your carries. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
FotM crap as always. People think she's sooo easy and stomps lane everytime, and "even if she doesn't win lane she just wins teamfights"
Except she's squishy as hell and dies instantly in teamfights if she does anything wrong. Also helps to not group up against the only-melee champ. \(o_o)/ I don't have a problem with most of the "problem" top laners like riven, renekton, apparently shyvana etc
i'm just glad yorick isn't popular right now

oh is the problem with riven her splitpushing? because.. tryndamere

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There's your answer guys. Just swap Tryndamere in the middle of your match. Problem solved. We can all go home. :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
When did Riven become FOTM?!

Anyway, she's super snowbally in both directions, she's really not a character that recovers well but she does have a lot of outplay potential.

You know whose really op as **** though? Fiddlestick, also has the bonus of making riven cry.

Coney

Smash Master
nidalee is cancer because zero risk for massive reward

shyvana is cancer because you build full tank and still do more damage than carries

riven isn't that bad imho, at least in top lane...i think she's only completely stupid in mid when the turret is so close

i've never had issues with her top tho unless i misplayed, then she'd snowball just like any other top laner would

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I've been playing AP nid forever, why is it all of a sudden people care so much. The characters that gave her trouble are still strong, and nidalee hasn't had any numbers changes since her update iirc.

Shyvana is more of an issue imo, but I'm having too much fun spamming her in 3's to complain haha

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've been playing AP nid forever, why is it all of a sudden people care so much. The characters that gave her trouble are still strong, and nidalee hasn't had any numbers changes since her update iirc.
Cause as a matter of fact, her bad matchups have been touched even if they aren't OP anymore but strong. That and as someone pointed out a page or two back, no risk high reward, build tear use next to no mana outside of heal every few minutes or a thousand spears that cost a measly 90 mana :^)

Coney

Smash Master
How does Shyvana deal with ranged poke in top lane?..

poorly, but it's not like she's going to get zoned or anything (not with THAT movespeed) and her waveclear is strong enough to cs carefully

plus, who's a good ranged top now? i'm pretty sure they'd ALL get outscaled even while she's building 100% tank

i don't know how her 2v1 is tbh (i know she's getting picked in competitive but idk if its for her 2v1) but in solo q she's crazy

i don't mean to come across as a whiny ***** bc it's obv that someone's ALWAYS gonna be strong in the game, and i think some champs like riven are overhyped but there are a looot of over-the-top champs right now (nidalee elise nasus shyvana maybe j4 maybe riven maybe olaf)

maybe im just salty bc my 2 best champs are really really REALLY hard tow in with lately

and now ziggs is creeping into top 10 most popular / highest winrate o dear

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Funny how yesterday I was just talking about how ziggs was being played a lot and I saw saint constantly getting **** on by a ziggs lol.
J4 is definitely still the best jungler next to elise nasus etc. Dunno how riven is fotm when she rarely sees competitive play, Olaf at least was brought up again cause koreans learned how to abuse his changed stats again.

Coney

Smash Master
iirc riven big atm because faker senpai used her mid lately and others emulated it

and i think faker was emulating someone else actually but idk who

game as a whole feels really wonky to me as of late and i cant put my finger on why, it FEELS like it's because there's a lot of imbalanced **** but maybe it's just because MY imbalanced **** got super nerfed and i'm at a big disadvantage

preseason bluez

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Poor Coney, his champs are hard to win with now.
You innocent little thing.

Glad I'm not the only one who still thinks Elise is kinda stupid though. :applejack:

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not one to complain about strong champs unless they are wayyyyy out of line but that hasn't happened for awhile. I think Draven was the last one who I thought was completely unfair. (maybe Zac and Thresh to a lesser extent)

I just don't see how certain champs become FOTM without any drastic changes.

EDIT: Also Ziggs is apparently 4th highest winrate, 54%~

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just don't see how certain champs become FOTM without any drastic changes.
Every change affects every champion. Direct buffs and nerfs influence EVERY character in the game. Nerfs to cooldowns/mana cost and the like, for example.

You nerf a different champion, the other champion STILL gets a nerf/buff indirectly from it. That's just the way the game works.

Hell, even something like ward timers or minion spawn timers would completely buff or nerf a champion or two.

In other words, champs could EASILY hit that FotM status without being touched at all, so long as everyone else around them gets weaker.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Shyvana is more of an issue imo, but I'm having too much fun spamming her in 3's to complain haha
She's been popular for a LONG time, ever since the visual rework on her she saw a pretty good amount of play. Thing is, her weakness in mid was always assassins since she really doesn't have an answer to them (especially once cougar form lost the MR/armor), now that the assassins are getting nerfed more people have to deal with a strong nid mid/lategame hence why she's in the spotlight.

Every change affects every champion. Direct buffs and nerfs influence EVERY character in the game. Nerfs to cooldowns/mana cost and the like, for example.

You nerf a different champion, the other champion STILL gets a nerf/buff indirectly from it. That's just the way the game works.

Hell, even something like ward timers or minion spawn timers would completely buff or nerf a champion or two.

In other words, champs could EASILY hit that FotM status without being touched at all, so long as everyone else around them gets weaker.

Also, how strong the champions they synergize with and the popularity of the champs they're good against. Vi got into the spotlight not because of any changes to her, but the fact that she's really good with and against assassins, especially in assassin vs. assassin lanes. Since everyone was playing assassins at the time, Vi became really strong.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh, I wish I could just make you not post. :applejack:
randomly being an ass, ok. I forgot Tryn got nerfed last patch, I don't know how badly it affected him. I just know I don't have any problems against Riven, and I usually regretted having Rivens on my team because they're ****ing bad. Especially midlane, they never snowball like they're supposed to and then sieges start happening and we have no waveclear because of a riven mid.

Top Bottom