• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
sword of the divine seems like too much of a gambit item to have unless you're steam rolling... Losing all that AS for such a long time if you don't kill two people in 3 seconds?
It's been a while since Riot's done something with such a drawback (reminds me of Blitzkrank's old W absolutely destroying his movement speed [and attack speed maybe?] forever after using it).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Blitz old W... dear god.

Sotd is a huge gamble on a traditional AD carry. Twitch Ult mechanics give him more leniancy, same with Rengar Q.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
See, in a perfect world, Twitch ult mechanics etc etc
but twitch's ult mechanics ****ing suck.
****ING SUCK A LOT.

Like, I would take the 800 range AA range "in itself" over the instantly disjointed/jangled skill shot auto attacks that don't actually hit people standing in front of you (in situations where your regular auto attack would). When they reworked Twitch, they cut the width of that AA skillshot significantly. It's garbage.
Absolute garbage.
Amazing potential garbage. Like the type that eventually became Fertiliser and revolutionised how we thought of cow ****.

Because hey, aoe stuns exist.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
for those who were watching the qualifier finals:

dat chestbump, lol.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That was hysterical out of nowhere. Qualifiers were not the hypest ive seen but some interesting matches.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If he is, he's using a proxy or dynamic IP address so idk who he is if he is an alt.

~

As for incompetence.

That wording just rubbed me the wrong way since, well. He doesn't know he is bad or not? That doesn't mean anything to me when it doesn't hit any kind of root problem there.

I can tell people that in Magic the Gathering drafts, 80% of players will fail drafts because they can't deck build well, and as such make poor choices in picks with poor analysis on cards. That would be more to the point, instead of what he said that was too vague and doesn't mean much to me.
He's another safe haven alt (who was super banned a while back). No linguistic analyzers in the mod staff? QQ

But I do agree, in magic it's easy to pin down what people are incompetent at whereas in league there are so many different ways to be incompetent but all have the same net effect in league. Conversely there are so many ways to be competent. All we can really say is that the better you are at the game, the better the quality of your analysis on average.

See, in a perfect world, Twitch ult mechanics etc etc
but twitch's ult mechanics ****ing suck.
****ING SUCK A LOT.

Like, I would take the 800 range AA range "in itself" over the instantly disjointed/jangled skill shot auto attacks that don't actually hit people standing in front of you (in situations where your regular auto attack would). When they reworked Twitch, they cut the width of that AA skillshot significantly. It's garbage.
Absolute garbage.
Amazing potential garbage. Like the type that eventually became Fertiliser and revolutionised how we thought of cow ****.

Because hey, aoe stuns exist.
Hence why I'm a fan of curse of the sad spray and pray.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Maokai is in fact the best jungler. Also the most fun jungler.

:phone:

Steam

Smash Hero
Now that I'm out of game:

e > w > q > e > e > r > e > w > e > w > r > w > w > q > q > r > q > q

e is a ranged CC harass that goes down in cooldown by 1 second for each level, and scales the best for damage per level. gdlk

w you get the full benefit on heal with just 1 level in it, so there's really no point leveling it up aside from the wave clear, but you get less fury stacks if the wave is gone 24/7 so I prefer to not push that way.

q pulls aggro and isn't really that good except as an attack cancel, or to triple q out of ult.

items:

kindlegem first, lowest cost item for cdr, and gives health which is always necessary on a melee champ.

brutalizer second, mixed with boots if you can afford it. again, cdr which is really all you need on a resourceless champ.

after that, i usually get necklace, because at this point you can roam, get a stack, go back to lane etc.

Rengar's a god, at a very horrible cost. His sound when jumping out of a bush is horrible. It's got to be the loudest sound in the game, and it doesn't sound pretty. 5/10 for that reason alone.
When I first starting playing rengar, I always maxed E. but I'd find that I'd tend to get wrecked by anything ranged or with a gap closer, which is nearly every top these days. so I normally max W to help with trading unless I'm against like... singed or olaf, who I can actually keep away from me if I max E.

Steam

Smash Hero
I think I'm the only one who thinks shaco is bad.

I also think I need to stop playing rengar in solo queue... I generally get trolls/unwinnable games when I use him... ugh.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Probably.

But when you compare him to like, any other stage of league's history...
*sigh*

Well, actually, that's a lie. Homeguard boots make me happy.
But no where near as happy as nearly every iteration of Shaco pre-early season 2.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Tbh if you're playing it right there's really no such thing as a lane you can't win as Rengar in a 1v1. Jungle presence, anyone can beat anyone else.

But, if you're maxing w first, you're not doing it right.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Has anyone else tried jungle lulu? I tried it out a few times out of curiosity and i've been having a good time.

i think it's a blast. Her ganks are pretty nasty, and clearing isn't too bad if you level q.

Lulu every role bb.

Player-3

Smash Hero
so i saw a timeline of league champ releases and stuff

and then i realized how long i've been playing this game

jesus

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Has anyone else tried jungle lulu? I tried it out a few times out of curiosity and i've been having a good time.

i think it's a blast. Her ganks are pretty nasty, and clearing isn't too bad if you level q.

Lulu every role bb.
Phreak did it in the spotlight.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I did it a lot in Season 2.
It's basically the same in Season 3.

It works fine, but it's harder to carry if you're the one that grabs the kills. :applejack:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
He's stronger in the meta right. He's still a one trick pony that was originally a considerably deeper character.
How so? His core kit and gameplay haven't actually changed as far as I can tell. He has 4 random abilities that all just **** over your opponent and frustrate them. And I know I'm sounding aggressive here but I'm legitimately curious about what changes you think took away depth from the character because he's horrifically toxic to the game IMO so I wonder where the shaco player's high actually comes from.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How so? His core kit and gameplay haven't actually changed as far as I can tell. He has 4 random abilities that all just **** over your opponent and frustrate them. And I know I'm sounding aggressive here but I'm legitimately curious about what changes you think took away depth from the character because he's horrifically toxic to the game IMO so I wonder where the shaco player's high actually comes from.
Essentially, what they did to jack in the boxes. Do you have the time to read all the things wrong with jitbs ?
Bugs (Riot tend to nerf Shaco's ultimate with item interactions every couple of weeks on average - as in 'suddenly' 'oh this on hit effect doesn't work on his clone anymore')
"BUFFS" - Like making his ultimate have his own attack speed/ad/etc modifiers. Oh yeah, big buffs. According to Riot. But all that did was make his ult even more useless. Ghostblade, dragon and baron and smart use of microing of his ult in team fights suddenly went to the ****ter.
Tower interactions with his ultimate and deceive. Never listed in patch notes but absolutely annihilated his ability to tower dive early game w/little to no items. Once upon a time. *sigh*
They also stopped his ult from popping projectiles. That wasn't very nice :(

I admit Shaco is a "gay" "toxic" character. But realistically he was a fine character at one point. It's all of riot's changes to the rest of the game that suddenly increase his commonality and hence infuriation. Him being able to jungle without worrying about health much was nice (but he had this ages ago before....). Being able to get homeguard boots so he can back often was also good; because he has no sustain nor reliable means of healing and any gank with shaco would usually have him get taken down to smidgens of health. Every lane carrying wards now decreases the flexibility of other junglers while his ability to get around wards helps him outshine his cohort in one area. Oracles nerf helped him too.

Shaco once had a late game though. And that's where I've gone "sad" with all of this. Shaco's early game in the long distant past was extremely tricky to manage and get through, and if it didn't work out completely I knew I could bring things back as the game went on due to what I know I could do with Shaco. He can't do any of those things now.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaco has a late game in the same way every character has a late game (because a 10k gold shaco is capable of killing nearly anyone else at 10k too, woot). However, it's considerably weaker than it once was.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
man the way you're wording it makes it sound like Shaco's been OP at every point of the game :\

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaco was OP in the right hands at nearly every point of the game.
We had to deal with really annoying bugs and people actually invading us, and the enemy team having a ww/udyr who gets oracles 2 minutes in.
And a garen top.

And us being completely useless forever if we couldn't get madreds* by like 5-6 minutes in.
See, that's what makes me realise how different things are now.
If I -ever- had madreds by an early point of the game I knew it basically over. A large gold and experience supply in the jungle and 90 second jitbs so you could plant, gank and go back. Wiggles healing would give Shaco a lot more opportunity to counter jungle early game where it really counted.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Shaco lategame is pretty much equivalent to Teemo lategame, if you don't get really fed early, or they just stall to lategame. Then you end up being a splitpush bot thats hardly in any teamfights later in the game.

Player-3

Smash Hero
shaco is ****ing fine in teamfights wtF

as long as you dont pick him into a teamcomp of like j4 graves taric khazix tanky derp bull****

hes ****ing amazing at killing back line people like caitlyn or xerath or ziggs and the like hes very strong because 2 shaco op

all i want is 90 second jitbs back i dont care about the arming time or anything

espy plenty of people respected shaco players i got alot of respect for playing shaco a long time ago too

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No one respected the old level 1 Shaco Q **** though. Dear god

Top Bottom