• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Turazrok

Smash Master
i feel like this is really terrible advice lol

you need to know all the whats before you ask the whys. always watching whats happening before processing why can help you predict movement, as well as help your own play and help you break bad habits

idk best thing to do to improve is be objective and honest about whats happening in the game

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

you need to know all the whats before you ask the whys. always watching whats happening before processing why can help you predict movement, as well as help your own play and help you break bad habits

idk best thing to do to improve is be objective and honest about whats happening in the game
Because there are a lot of things that are literally impossible because of lack of runes and masteries. EX, killing the wraith camp with mao before killing blue and still have it be leashed. What he CAN get is an understanding of the mentality, and though it won't immediately click, after applying it to stuff he observes in game he'll start to understand.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jax less tanky but more damage. LOT more damage. He's gonna be poopy vs casters now, but hey that wouldn't be a challenge otherwise.

As for his counter strike, that's fine. It's a trade off. Higher CD but guaranteed dodge window. Guaranteed dodge window if it's looking like 1.5/2 seconds is pretty good looking since it also doesn't really tie him up in any way. Gonna have to wait and see what he comes out to be, but that kind of mechanic is easy to be strong if they don't have it on a short duration.

Vyke

Smash Champion
There is still the possibility that they overdo his changes like with Talon, making her situational at best. I hope not, though.
I still value talon as a reliable pick vs casters mid. Don't get me wrong, some champions have been a little overnerfed before, but a lot of the time it's just a case of everyone forgetting about them.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Should have, it never happens. People aren't as smart as they make themselves out to be, and those that actually are are too timid to speak up about it. Or are douchebags.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Talon's major nerf was his mana regen.

Riven's major nerf will likely also be her health regen. Her health regen scaling and base was just ridiculous. I don't know why tryndamere has the second highest health regen in the game either.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
>riven
>nerfed

Damage being shifted into Q isn't much of a nerf. The HP regen thing blows but I'm betting it's not going to be a huge change.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's a nerf. Riven's Q is often used as a gap closer/movement skill more so than primary damage b/c her dashes are all short range. W is much more reliable and consistent for damage application.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's a nerf. Riven's Q is often used as a gap closer/movement skill more so than primary damage b/c her dashes are all short range. W is much more reliable and consistent for damage application.
That's not how I played Riven at all and I still carried super hard, so it's only a buff to my playstyle. Sans the regen nerf.

I would only take one point in Ki Burst early for the stun because I found her E much more useful overall.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You missed out then, man. W is what let her **** most top lanes. Very quick cast burst and stun that decreases in CD per level. E was good to max in high harass lanes by enemies, but W is what made her super great.

Moving the damage to Q which doesn't change in CD is also a nerf purely b/c of frequency of casting.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I always thought it was her Q that made her really good, allowing her to get first blood relatively easily.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I always thought it was her Q that made her really good, allowing her to get first blood relatively easily.
That's her early lane domination thing.
But later in the game it's all about that burst stun.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I don't know what you guys are talking about, the new Jax looks even more OP. Who cares what the cooldown on his E is, it's a GUARANTEED dodge of EVERY attack for a short while and then a stun. Does anyone realize how freaking broken that is in teamfights? His W is also getting shorter cooldown, it's gonna be insane

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well...you see pretty clearly when Jax's "auto dodge" starts, so you really just hit him with spells then instead of Auto attacks.

I dunno, I played against a Jax as Vayne today and I can safely say that if he wasn't constantly dodging I would have had an easier time killing him.

This analysis of Gold Per Runes and their usefulness:
http://ggc.leaguecraft.com/i/under-the-hood-support-series-1-maximizing-passive-gold-gain/

It sounds good to me!
-DD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You missed out then, man. W is what let her **** most top lanes. Very quick cast burst and stun that decreases in CD per level. E was good to max in high harass lanes by enemies, but W is what made her super great.

Moving the damage to Q which doesn't change in CD is also a nerf purely b/c of frequency of casting.
I ***** most top lanes anyways? I don't ****in know man.

That said, I usually played her as a jungler. Can't say I play League that much anymore, though.

EDIT: She's like Mirana (DotA2) lite. Very similar kit.

Except that her ultimate is like Mir's q or something like that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I keep looking at Tiamat and feel it would be a cooler item if it built off of BF sword and added a melee-only truecleave effect, and not splash damage.

Maybe harder to balance (Every xth attack, perhaps?), but I feel like they really lack good item variety at the moment.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I always wondered why Tiamat didn't build from Philo Stone. Change the Rejuvenation Bead to Regen Pendant, stick in Philo recipe.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
It's cause damage increase per level is huge and reduces cd a second per level that's why W is prioritized on most Riven's.
Btw.. she's nothing like mirana. Mirana didn't even have a single slow effect. She has one ability similar to Mirana. SHE'S TOTAL A COPY OF MIRANA lmfao.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's cause damage increase per level is huge and reduces cd a second per level that's why W is prioritized on most Riven's.
Btw.. she's nothing like mirana. Mirana didn't even have a single slow effect. She has one ability similar to Mirana. SHE'S TOTAL A COPY OF MIRANA lmfao.
Small movement steroid, skillshot stun at short range, both ride a ****ing four-legged animal.

Similar champs. Not the same, but similar. Hence Mirana Lite.

Also, you continuously make me glad I dont live in Texas.

Top Bottom