• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry bout those last two, dphat. My support game is balls.
That last one, my laptop overheated right after I ulted onto that kog and i had to turn it back on. when i got back, you guys had surrendered already. We probably could have won if you'd waited, but it's cool.

Vyke

Smash Champion
yes, I have question

why don't you stream more? MOAR

i mean really what better things do you have to do but EDUCATE US?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So dealing with shaco in the jungle, what's the best way?

I know stealing his blue slows him down a lot (the problem is of course, keeping both blues covered), I know he has a relatively poor endgame, but he's a b*tch to fight. Help would be appreciated.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Due to m3d inactivity with the SWF League of Legend Tournament, I asked f8al to give me control of the thread. I'm restarting the tournament and due to its long delay I plan on restarting the draft. If people are interested please read the last post in the thread for further information. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13931355&postcount=413
Registration officially ends 01-20-2012.
People are welcomed to register as of now.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just won a 4v5 ranked game.

We had a guy ***** about our team comp and take revive smite pantheon, run into their tower, die, and then quit.

Then I said "**** it lets win anyways." and we did. and it was glorious.

edit : next game, i played udyr again, won again.

I've decided the way out of hell is to play junglers, and gank like crazy. From my games with dphat and jpak recently, I've learned to be more aggressive coming out the jungle and it's paying off pretty big. I'm locking down lanes and keeping their jungle from actively ganking because he's always trying to show up to support the lanes I just ganked.

Shade

Smash Cadet
So I'm just getting into LoL any advice fore a noobie who is willing to learn besides play a ton of games.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Darn, I wanted to learn her too.
Ah well. I'll wait for the patch notes to see what to go after next.

OR MAYBE AKALI WILL BE ON TOP ONCE MORE!
-DD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
also shade

ill teach u a thing or 2

add me on league -- "scyX17"
trolololol

@Shade- just be sure not to buy runes till you're level 20. Not worth it till then.

Also, in order to be competitive, you gotta be willing to spend money on the game. Otherwise it's too difficult.

Shade

Smash Cadet
I have the strangest feeling I'm better off learning this game on my own >............>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have the strangest feeling I'm better off learning this game on my own >............>
That depends if "on your own" means "playing by myself and discovering things for myself" or if it means "watch and learn from high level players and stuff."

Being competitive in this game takes a back seat until you hit level 30. Just learn the basics for your first 250 or so games, and learn as many characters as you can.

-DD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Shade

Smash Cadet
That depends if "on your own" means "playing by myself and discovering things for myself" or if it means "watch and learn from high level players and stuff."

Being competitive in this game takes a back seat until you hit level 30. Just learn the basics for your first 250 or so games, and learn as many characters as you can.

-DD
Yeah that's pretty much what im trying to do.

At the moment I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the basics and get to know the in's and outs of the characters.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah that's pretty much what im trying to do.

At the moment I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the basics and get to know the in's and outs of the characters.
Best thing you can do is watch top level play streams. Not that not everything is applicable at your summoner level (runes and masteries change the game A LOT) but a lot is, so it's best to get a good mentality towards the game early on.

Aim for the "why" people do things, not what they do. If you directly copy what they do it won't work because of the runes and masteries issue.

If you wanna jungle (a great way to really do well at low levels) try junglers that don't need runes like master yi.

When in lane, learn to last hit, especially under pressure. Efficient last hitting is probably one of the most important skills you can acquire.

Also note that you don't wanna necessarily push the lane all the time, pushed lanes are vulnerable to ganks from other lanes so unless you wanna push, generally just walk around/harass until a creep is low enough to last hit.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Riven will be fine.

In other news, Ionic Spark for jungle mundo.

or jungling I guess... but wits end so gud.

Shade

Smash Cadet
Best thing you can do is watch top level play streams. Not that not everything is applicable at your summoner level (runes and masteries change the game A LOT) but a lot is, so it's best to get a good mentality towards the game early on.

Aim for the "why" people do things, not what they do. If you directly copy what they do it won't work because of the runes and masteries issue.

If you wanna jungle (a great way to really do well at low levels) try junglers that don't need runes like master yi.

When in lane, learn to last hit, especially under pressure. Efficient last hitting is probably one of the most important skills you can acquire.

Also note that you don't wanna necessarily push the lane all the time, pushed lanes are vulnerable to ganks from other lanes so unless you wanna push, generally just walk around/harass until a creep is low enough to last hit.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I've been trying to watch some top level play either on youtube or twitchtv hoping to learn a thing or too.

I'm not super familiar with the terms of the game, but I get most of the basic concepts.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well, if you see anything in a vid that you're confused about, ask an experienced player. Especially terminology.

Jungling = killing the neutral creeps in the places between lanes for gold and expirience.

Last hitting = delivering the killing blow. You get xp but no gold if somebody else or a one of your minions last hit.

That should cover every term.

Shade

Smash Cadet
Well, if you see anything in a vid that you're confused about, ask an experienced player. Especially terminology.

Jungling = killing the neutral creeps in the places between lanes for gold and expirience.

Last hitting = delivering the killing blow. You get xp but no gold if somebody else or a one of your minions last hit.

That should cover every term.
Yeah everything else seems pretty easy haha. I was abit confused about jungling no lie do you do that early on or...?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I was abit confused about jungling no lie do you do that early on or...?
When something dies, nearby teammates get experience. However, you get less experience the more teammates are around; that is why the middle lane usually ends up higher-leveled at the end of the game. If one member of you team runs around in the jungle killing neutral mobs, that player can keep up with the rest of the team in terms of gold and experience. Meanwhile, twp members of your team gets to solo a lane. That is the simplistic version of why jungling is good.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah everything else seems pretty easy haha. I was abit confused about jungling no lie do you do that early on or...?
Early on, continue until late.

And gank other lanes when you can.

gank = moving to a lane that you're not farming from the jungle or another lane in order to kill the opposing champ/champions in that lane.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
i feel like this is really terrible advice lol

you need to know all the whats before you ask the whys. always watching whats happening before processing why can help you predict movement, as well as help your own play and help you break bad habits

idk best thing to do to improve is be objective and honest about whats happening in the game

Top Bottom