• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
how do u win a game against
bull**** spellvamp vlad
i dont understand
Ignite. I'm not the BIGGEST fan of spellvamp Vlad-- I like getting resistances and mag pen more.

Anyway. Zac's game against Bob... sucks to be on a team with that Mordekaiser. I don't know why Mordekaisers don't always get the shield first... and leave Mace alone until lvl 12 because it's a terrible spell. Also the rest of the team is dumb too.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ignite. I'm not the BIGGEST fan of spellvamp Vlad-- I like getting resistances and mag pen more.

Anyway. Zac's game against Bob... sucks to be on a team with that Mordekaiser. I don't know why Mordekaisers don't always get the shield first... and leave Mace alone until lvl 12 because it's a terrible spell.
man, I hope you run into my jungle morde sometime. hueheuheueheu:laugh:heuehueheueheu

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i mean

jarvan ***** vladmir in half cause u are brave and go early and kill him a bunch
urgot ***** no prob

ashe mf cait seem to have no chance. harass early isnt a problem, but getting the kill is. especially if two of your summoners are escape spells, i dont see a possible way tokill him before he hits lvl 7 or so, and go buys hextech and just q's forever

convincing the ad carry on your team who wants to mid against vlad is like ***ing autolose, unless the vlad is ***ing dumb.

EDIT
ok zacs team huge ***ing mistake.
why would u ever do baron like that i mean
i dont get it w/e

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
i dont get it w/e
I told them to baron, we had it, but we didn't have a tank (cause morde was ap, vlad was ap) and we didnt have our jungler with us (even after i told him)... but didnt matter cause jungler didnt take smite.

Soraka bottom wouldn't let me get cs, she kept auto attacking. Morde fed bob, i dont know why. Didn't get any support top against nid, she free farm and push all lanes. Last pick takes vlad when our whole team doesnt have cc... not sure why team doesn't take cc.

Games like this happen in solo Q, theres nothing you can do.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

Dietyz

Smash Rookie
dota 2 closed beta in 2 months, dota pros and vip's playin alpha as we speak, when i say ****slam i don't mean competing in the playerbase size, just a far better game

**** man i wanna play it right now

edit: i hope to god this game is good, im tired of mm in hon its so gay i miss pub days, hopefully dota 2 will have a league system in their game im tired of using irc

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
So thought I would hear opinions on this:
Deny mechanic. With it being completely gone in league now what do you think? I know dota has deny why not league? I thought denyplank was annoying that's just my opinion.

:phone:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
i mean

jarvan ***** vladmir in half cause u are brave and go early and kill him a bunch
urgot ***** no prob

ashe mf cait seem to have no chance. harass early isnt a problem, but getting the kill is. especially if two of your summoners are escape spells, i dont see a possible way tokill him before he hits lvl 7 or so, and go buys hextech and just q's forever

convincing the ad carry on your team who wants to mid against vlad is like ***ing autolose, unless the vlad is ***ing dumb.

EDIT
i dont get it w/e
In personal experience, I have stomped both Vlad's I face mid as Catilyn, first blood on both of them. It's so incredibly easy to deny him as long as she starts with boots (if he does as well then it's harder, I will admit that).

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
IMO it was a design decision by RIOT. I am no game designer, but allowing characters to deny gives ranged heroes an additional innate advantage which makes balance harder. Riot appears to be more interested in adding content via new characters and keeping those characters balanced.

Also denying can be an annoying mechanic for less skilled players. As shown by nerfs to eve and twitch, Riot wants the game to be fun for the lower elo players as much as they want it to be fair for the higher elo players.

Dietyz

Smash Rookie
People always cry about riot removing deny but its not a big deal at all, however i really wish they would have kept creep mechanics. In dota creeps attack you when you attack an enemy player, by right clicking and running in the opposite direction a player could pull the creep wave in a different direction allowing the better player to micro a creep wave to give them an advantage. It would also be nice if riot would allow you to attack your own creeps (not to deny them but to lower their health to micro the creep wave) when they get to a certain percent

Deny doesnt matter that much basically but the other creep mechanics were pretty nice :/

Limeee

Smash Champion
yeah i agree. you need more control over minions. only problem is that would make ashe even better, easier farm. otherwise its totally amazing

:009:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I have finally found the answer to my ranked problems: Irelia. 100% win rate so far. I played too many squishies before. Now I'm just that ***** that doesn't afraid of anything.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
ok, then go make a DotA2 hype thread or something. this isn't really the place to talk about how much of a boner you have for a competitor coming out.
There's actually already a DotA 2 hype topic, I made it when dota2.com first went up, thinking there'd be some decent updates to talk about. However its been 6 months and there literally has not been an update past the initial content on the site, mad disappointing.

That said, that topic is a better place to talk about that game, rather than how much you anticipate dota2 to "****slam" lol.

So thought I would hear opinions on this:
Deny mechanic. With it being completely gone in league now what do you think? I know dota has deny why not league? I thought denyplank was annoying that's just my opinion.

:phone:
Mogwai already covered this as well, but its pretty radically different having everyone deny compared to just one person. There's also the fact that range heroes lose more exp than melee heroes do for every deny, and the fact that not 100% of the exp is denied.

But, LoL isn't really balanced around it, having one character that could do it freely was sort of awkward as well.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
How do you decide what to play in solo q?

I've not been playing ranked for some while and i wanna get some practice again so i am prepared when elo gets reseted.

Obviously at low elo most people just wanna pick DDs but luckily i've been playing tank/support for some while now and i'm enjoying it.
Since i got a new notebook and i finally can play on 60 fps, i'm also working on my carries, but i dont expect to get to chose one until i rise some elo.

So basically what are factors you take into consideration when you pick?
So far those came to my mind:

-do we have enough CC
-do we have a jungler /tank /support
-is my team too squishy
-do we have someone with range for pushing towers
- what did the other team pick so far
- should i pick someone who shines early/mid/late game

Of course i won't chose champs im not comfortable with just because theyd be a good pick,
but i wanna get better at understanding team comps, becaise i think a good team comp makes a lot of difference.

Also i didn't solo mid for ages (only soloed top with someone like cho or nid) and noticed i struggle at some matchups but i think with some practice that will be ok

Frolossus

Smash Lord
How do you decide what to play in solo q?

I've not been playing ranked for some while and i wanna get some practice again so i am prepared when elo gets reseted.

Obviously at low elo most people just wanna pick DDs but luckily i've been playing tank/support for some while now and i'm enjoying it.
Since i got a new notebook and i finally can play on 60 fps, i'm also working on my carries, but i dont expect to get to chose one until i rise some elo.

So basically what are factors you take into consideration when you pick?
So far those came to my mind:

-do we have enough CC
-do we have a jungler /tank /support
-is my team too squishy
-do we have someone with range for pushing towers
- what did the other team pick so far
- should i pick someone who shines early/mid/late game

Of course i won't chose champs im not comfortable with just because theyd be a good pick,
but i wanna get better at understanding team comps, becaise i think a good team comp makes a lot of difference.

Also i didn't solo mid for ages (only soloed top with someone like cho or nid) and noticed i struggle at some matchups but i think with some practice that will be ok
generally you pick a strong solo AD carry or a jungler

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

Anyway. Zac's game against Bob... sucks to be on a team with that Mordekaiser. I don't know why Mordekaisers don't always get the shield first... and leave Mace alone until lvl 12 because it's a terrible spell. Also the rest of the team is dumb too.
Ignite doesn't really do anything to stop him because it actually doesn't effect the healing done through Spell Vamp and Life Steal.
So he will get a little less health from his Q's heal but still get like 150 or more from the vamp.
:(

Normally with Vlad I take Ghost/Flash but if I do fear ganks Ghost/Flash gets you through that starting "I don't have my first revolver and I'm not level 9 yet" phase without deaths. And of course that's when the rolling starts... :troll:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKCUaZY028

Vayne art spotlight is out. Interesting to watch, especially since I can't draw worth crap

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Watching these is amazing. I always thought I used too many layers when I did editing jobs in Photoshop, but I guess I never used enough.

Man, though, the things these people can do with tablets.

L__

Smash Master
yeah I don't think you can use too many layers when editing

I mean like your computer can overload

but layers are amazing

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
You can just increase the memory that Photoshop is allowed to use and increase your scratch disk size.
Then you have no more "layer overload" issues. I use at least 50+ while doing large editing work. I've hit 110+ for a school digi paint.
(Of course you use groups to organize this stuff)
[/might be graphic designer/illustrator after high school]

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's funny because the art for new champs coming out looks really good, but the repaints/new art that comes out for old champs are awful.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Most likely they have their best artists doing the newer artwork, and the up and coming art peons doing Tango Eve...

:urg:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
6 games undefeated Irelia in ranked. Where has she been all my life. I'm starting to wonder if she actually is overpowered or she's just very good at dominating the people at my elo. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Quite literally all I do is sit top and farm til the tower falls. Oh yea and kill off the other guy.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings

In personal experience, I have stomped both Vlad's I face mid as Catilyn, first blood on both of them. It's so incredibly easy to deny him as long as she starts with boots (if he does as well then it's harder, I will admit that).
lolllllll

u arent playing the right vlads

the point is u cant kill him early. and if he doesnt push at allu still cant really deny him exp without getting into unsafe position

u dont have enough burst to kill him lol. and all he needs is levels before he starts ****ting on u.

seriousl flat ap vlad with spell vamp so much bull****

also @ zac game

LMAO bobs team even said in team chat at beginning of game, no cc except trynd slow lolll
and how the hell does morde feed mid jesus christ
and smiteless jungle trynd oh god

and irelia is strong solo yes
she has hard lanes though (ryze notably, probably more)
and problem sitting top all day til u get tower is your whole team will probably suicide several times and blame you for it.
thats why i no longer call for top lane with irelia malz jarvan

with ashe all you have to do is harass him continuously with frost shot

you deny him farm really easily and if he comes to close at too low health, chain slow him

he will probably live but most vlads will pool. then all you have to do is arrow for the kill

basically try to bait his pool and lay down the hurting

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
your harass procs agro from minions

and pushes lane

his doesnt
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLITSNOTTHATSIMPLE

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah it's not that simple. While carries can play aggressive vs him in lane, it's not an auto win by any means

jpak

Smash Lord
pretty much every ad carry beats vlad in lane up until he hits 9 but he should have a very hard time hitting 9 and getting cs

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So malz is getting nerfed next patch.

:(

Shame people are going to keep qqing because they're (I think) only reducing the damage output of his null zone.

Then people will realise that malefic visions will lock onto your wards and hence you can hard counter his free farming / mana return with only 75/150 gold every 3 minutes.

-

The problem with ranged carries against Vlad is that most carries carry double escapes while a lot of Vlad's carry ignite.

Top Bottom