• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
placing wards in the middle of the lane to counter malz lol. that will handle may be one wave and is a waste of gold. so what if he Es the actualy player and not the minions?
malz is the best ap carry atm better than ryze

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I don't give a ****, and as far as I know I don't have a do not play with list.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
placing wards in the middle of the lane to counter malz lol. that will handle may be one wave and is a waste of gold. so what if he Es the actualy player and not the minions?
malz is the best ap carry atm better than ryze
Nope.

If he e's the player he's not going to be farming too easily :O. This is of course relating to mid btw, not going to be too reliable at side lanes.
It's also a good means of countering his tower pushing too btw.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In which case Malzahar is no longer immune to harassment or ganks.

Malz is fantastic because once I hit 5/6 (maybe 7 at the latest) I can e a melee minion, q it and the other 2 then sit at my tower and get 6 minions gold + xp with impunity.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
until that tank creep strolls along and ****s your whole world up.

and I don't believe in this malz nerf nonsense you're speaking of.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I saw a post by static stating something along the lines of

"Malz being able to kill someone with just his ultimate and null zone is BAD, we're going to be adjusting things so his damage is more consistent throughout his spells".

Dekar173

Justice Man
Nope.

If he e's the player he's not going to be farming too easily :O. This is of course relating to mid btw, not going to be too reliable at side lanes.
It's also a good means of countering his tower pushing too btw.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dude crit runes and you can get last hits easy.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
oh lawd, dat ashe.

What do you guys think about Cait? I really like her in lane. It's so much fun denying people farm ridiculously hard with a line of 3 traps behind their creeps. They're forced to meticulously run between them to last hit and if they hit one they catch a fat q to the face. I also just realized you can cast peacemaker during the knock back of her net. If the net hits the q is basically guaranteed unless they're vlad or something. Also what do you guys think about black cleaver as an early game item? It makes someone like Ashe hit like a truck and it also makes it not matter who her arrow hits because cleaver will make them die so much faster.

Spife

Smash Master
oh lawd, dat ashe.

What do you guys think about Cait?
She's obviously garbage compared to the other ad carries (ashe/corki/mundo)
Take my word for it, I've played with 1400 elo before, so you know I'm legit.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Been playing AD poppy lately. Think she is now my favourite character. Even more than teemo. Got a pentakill and two quadrakills yesterday (I was ksed in one). It was only normal queue with a friend but still. She's sooooo fun.

In one match my whole team died, and four enemies were pushing our mid tower. I teamdived them, chased them all the way to their inhibitor towers by myself and walked out with two kills. So good.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
what the **** is with all these AP alistars
AP Alistar got buffed pretty nicely though.

Or nerfed... idk. I never paid attention to the scaling on his moves. All I know is that the lvl 1 damage on headbutt and pulverize got nerfed badly in damage and stun. I'm not sure what Riot intends Alistar to be anymore.

Now that I'm more experienced, I truly realize how much better his old passive was.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
what the **** is with all these AP alistars
Regi did it vs. a Nidalee on my team once. He got *****. I assume some streamer did it and now everyone's all like, "lawl that looks fun, ima AP ali."

oh lawd, dat ashe.

What do you guys think about Cait? I really like her in lane. It's so much fun denying people farm ridiculously hard with a line of 3 traps behind their creeps. They're forced to meticulously run between them to last hit and if they hit one they catch a fat q to the face. I also just realized you can cast peacemaker during the knock back of her net. If the net hits the q is basically guaranteed unless they're vlad or something. Also what do you guys think about black cleaver as an early game item? It makes someone like Ashe hit like a truck and it also makes it not matter who her arrow hits because cleaver will make them die so much faster.
we had a big discussion on Cait a few days back. She is very good.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Regi did it vs. a Nidalee on my team once. He got *****. I assume some streamer did it and now everyone's all like, "lawl that looks fun, ima AP ali."

we had a big discussion on Cait a few days back. She is very good.
I've seen him go Mejai's Alistar at least 3 times. Yep
Re: Caitlyn,

If Azen's spamming an obscure character, they're obviously really OP.
What's Azen's name in game?

edit:WHOA MY GOODNESS MY SIGNATURE SCROLLS NOW

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have question about Kassadin: What the heck is he useful for? He looks so bad, but it looks like he could be good at something, but idk. He seems, at the very least, virtually un-gankable.
He's a fun pubstomping AP assassin. His farm picks up pretty well in mid game. He's hard to kill. He snipes kills from his team easy, so it's easy to get fed as kass and crap all over bad kids.

I can't comment to how good he is at higher ELOs. In most teams, he's good, though.

Spife

Smash Master
He's a fun pubstomping AP assassin. His farm picks up pretty well in mid game. He's hard to kill. He snipes kills from his team easy, so it's easy to get fed as kass and crap all over bad kids.

I can't comment to how good he is at higher ELOs. In most teams, he's good, though.
I haven't played him in a while but I always felt like his Q was nice for harass. The silence, damage and range were cute.
I'm also garbz at the game so salt grains and all.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Kassadin has his niche in higher level play. He is hands down the most mobile caster in the game and Force Pulse is absolutely bonkers in teamfights (assuming you have blue buff and blue elixir to cap your CDR, it's on a 3.6 second CD and is a massive AoE 50% 3 second slow). He is great at shutting down opposing casters in lane and later in teamfights and is quite strong in most 1v1 situations. He has limitations, most notably that he has some really sucky lane matchups and that he relies heavily on blue buff later in the game, but when you can overcome them, he's really crazy strong. I personally think that he has the most practical sustained damage of any caster since he can dart in and out of fights much better and doesn't rely on a high CD ult for his burst, but his burst is somewhat small compared to someone like Malz, Annie, Anivia, LeBlanc and his sustained damage is worse than Ryze's on paper. Really you have to rely on abusing his mobility, but if you're good with it, he's one of the most rewarding characters for making the right decisions.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok I won't buy her just yet.

@Mogwai or whoever, What champs can lane reasonably against Vlad atm? Our karth died to vlad at lv5 so we switched lanes (i was teemo). I go into lane with 99 MR. Vlad came back with 1 hexteceh revolver. He did SO much damage to me, even though I had so much MR... I don't understand. I couldn't even sit under tower and last hit (even while activating my 8 health pots), it was just hopeless.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Having over 9000 health regen helps too I guess.

Also slight purposeful exaggeration of the Azen thing.

I haven't seen him use Lux much as of late though, but at the time he was a really strong Lux user was when people were thinking Lux was a really strong AP Caster "second coming" of morgana.

D

Deleted member

kassadin is the best anti-carry

copy an aggressive caster build with him and provided you face a caster/ ad carry mid(who isn't a pr0) you will free farm to 1500 elo

he also pwns vlad in my experience lol

tank(y dps) **** him in lane

mid game *****

late game ***** if u ***** mid game

if ****: ur the carry

if didnt **** as hard: buy dfg and assassinate their carry

hes very good against malzahar too because his silence travels

so jumping in pretty much guarantees an ult from him and if you shoot ur ball in time you'll take away his ult in a teamfight

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Where's Kog'Maw in the game right now? I have just over 6300 IP and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should hop on the Cait Train, get Kog'Maw, or just go with something else. (I need an AD carry-- I already have Ashe, but I want something else.)

Zac-- I think Kassadin shuts down Vlad nicely. I think Urgot would hold his own well. Before the Killer Instinct nerf, I know Kat could deal with Vlad pretty easily from grievous wounds (not sure how that match-up is now, though). That's just a couple I can think of right now.
But either way, what you're talking about is laning against him when he's already at lvl 7. Trick to beating him is screwing him up early on.

Top Bottom