• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Solomid took every (opponent's) blue buff lol. Rain Man dominated top with teemo. OddOne bought oracles early on trundle. And they snuck in an inhib turret real fast lol

john!

Smash Hero
i missed clg vs. tsm but the results make me happy. tsm practices together while clg trolls on their smurf accounts all day. vlad dominates top lane due to having a fundamentally broken design. maybe riot will finally accept that no amount of nerfs can balance vlad's retardedness and he needs an eve/twitch rework. by which i mean, nerf his onion *** to the ground.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The thing I'm most pumped about for Monkey King is when somebody reskins him as Litchi Faye Ling.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Vlad didn't dominate top because of his design. He dominated top because he got a double kill in the level 1 fight and completely out itemized, out farmed, out leveled, and outplayed hotshot.

D

Deleted member

fun playing with u guys, i was the kass

some unfortunate stuff happened that game lol, not that bad of a game though

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Talking about Karthus and his death passive...

I played with a karthus who said "ignore how much I die, just keep pushing".
He had revive and teleport, and had death time quints.

Even at like 40 minutes he was only dead for like 25 seconds >.>

Anyway,
I think his end game deaths was something like 33.

All he kept doing was running forward through mid and attacking their tower. The enemy had a Shaco who was warded and would literally do a loop of killing him once every minute.

At some point he was like 4/22 and then suddenly the **** occurred.
Our entire team was pretty emo, especially myself, and I ended up going wiggles, merc treads and 4 heart of golds on Olaf. I then sold up the heart of golds when I reached 8k gold (got a randuins, obviously).

Lesson's learned... Karthus dying is uber strong ><
However, amass the stupendous feeding... it honestly felt like the enemy team couldn't do much (they had like ashe, kass, janna, shaco and someone). And they literally couldn't push any lanes, ever.
It was a game which was literally "chip at towers for 35 minutes then ace the enemy team without like anyone dying [except maybe karth] 3 times in a row to end it by 40".

I suppose their team made the mistake of not getting any snowball items but... yeah... I'm starting to fear karthus a bit.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Lesson's learned... Karthus dying is uber strong ><
However, amass the stupendous feeding... it honestly felt like the enemy team couldn't do much (they had like ashe, kass, janna, shaco and someone). And they literally couldn't push any lanes, ever.
It was a game which was literally "chip at towers for 35 minutes then ace the enemy team without like anyone dying [except maybe karth] 3 times in a row to end it by 40".
I've had bot ends of this happen to me. First time i was malz, and went like 26/2 but it didnt matter. they came back and won. I was upset.

Then i got the karth on my team. My entire team was "emo" about it, but after 30min we started winning. Then it was pretty much an unstoppable force. So dumb.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Yesterday i totally threw a psychic spear and it totally didnt get recorded =(

I went bot to farm a huge minions wave that was close to push to our second tower,
but then I saw that our kass went there from the base so i started bluepilling.

I stopped because their eve appeared on my minimap trying to push bot tower.
Kass did his combo on her +ignite but she survived because she was rushing rylais for some reason.
I waited some to let the silence run out then threw a spear way too far and eve flashed away from kass right into the tip of my spear =D

In the same game i also stole a blue with a spear and killed an ez who chased me though his jungle barely surviving thanks to heal and finally going in in cougar form after he got hit by 2 non-tip spears

Feelsgoodman

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Nice falcon.

What really sucks with nidalee tho: u throw a spear when they r recalling in a bush, and it's right at the end of the skillshot range and disappears. Or nidalee throws spear at u, u r 10 feet to the left and it somehow hits u.

also, karth is broken lol. and can some1 please explain to me so i can explain to my friend that shen is not a bad tank?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There are a lot of problems or flaws they have to address. Sustainability (not from dedicated healers, but rather "attrition" attributes/skills/passives. Also includes balancing Lifesteal and Vamp) is a big issue for them. Some abilities seem rather fair: Gragas passive is quite reasonable, same with Maokai. However, other abilities or passives that scale with multiple stats are much harder to balance. Xin for example gets healed after every 3 attacks. The faster he attacks, the more the heal procs. Already, that looks harder to balance than the other 2. Or Renekton's Heal. He heals more depending on how much stuff he hits, and whether he has rage or not. That's harder to balance than a flat number that doesn't scale off other stuff.

For lifesteal and Vamp, it's hard to strike a balance where those stats are properly useful for all phases of the game. If the stats are too low, you might not want it period. Bump it higher to make it more useful lategame, worry about people abusing it early game.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I just had a beautiful idea

NEW CHALLENGE: A Test of True Courage!
Win a game with a team composed only of the champions that can deal true damage! Options: Cho'Gath, Corki, Irelia, Nunu, and Olaf.

Bonus points if all champions take Ignite.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i love everyone, you are all my pals, but im going to start saying no to ranked 5s more often

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Cause I'm terrible at this game. I 'm not playing with you guys for awhile cause I make us lose. gonna go play Yugioh or something

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
well, just dont pick cassiopeia

its also not fair to start the game before we talk about what roles we want to play pregame, as we forced bouncingchest to jungle when he didnt want to and also im a whiny baby but i do not enjoy singed bottom lane

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just started playing this and I suck lol. Fun though :p.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
nah, that happens more than just when i play cass. I can only do janna/Zilean when we do ranked 5s. Infact I'm pretty sure I can only play other characters at sub 1400 ELO.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just started playing this and I suck lol. Fun though :p.
Have Ventrilo?

Oxygen.typefrag.com
Port: 38458
No password

We play pretty often. Just hop in the vent and tell everyone you wanna get better and I'm sure some people will help you out.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I discovered something interesting while browsing the LoL Wikia. Here are the extent of Irelia's changes since release:

Bladsurge:
+ Cast ranged increased to 650 from 600

Equilibrium Strike
+ Range increased to 425 from 375.
- Damage reduced to 80/130/180/230/280 from 80/135/190/245/300
- Ability ratio reduced to 0.5 from 1.0
+ Cooldown reduced to 8 from 9

Transcendant Blades
+ Base damage per blade increased to 85/135/185 from 80/130/180

Stats
- Base health reduced to 515 from 575
- Movement speed reduced to 320 from 330

So, to summarize, the only meaningful nerfs was a 20 damage nerf to her ES at level 5 and the 60 point hit to her health at level 1. The MS nerfs mean nothing once she gets Zeal/Triforce and no one ever built AP on her anyways (though perhaps Baron had an effect). It surprises me how fickle the community is; she's basically the same champion and yet people don't QQ as much about her.

In other news, I've risen about 125 elo in the past couple days ^_^

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I discovered something interesting while browsing the LoL Wikia. Here are the extent of Irelia's changes since release:

Bladsurge:
+ Cast ranged increased to 650 from 600

Equilibrium Strike
+ Range increased to 425 from 375.
- Damage reduced to 80/130/180/230/280 from 80/135/190/245/300
- Ability ratio reduced to 0.5 from 1.0
+ Cooldown reduced to 8 from 9

Transcendant Blades
+ Base damage per blade increased to 85/135/185 from 80/130/180

Stats
- Base health reduced to 515 from 575
- Movement speed reduced to 320 from 330

So, to summarize, the only meaningful nerfs was a 20 damage nerf to her ES at level 5 and the 60 point hit to her health at level 1. The MS nerfs mean nothing once she gets Zeal/Triforce and no one ever built AP on her anyways (though perhaps Baron had an effect). It surprises me how fickle the community is; she's basically the same champion and yet people don't QQ as much about her.

In other news, I've risen about 125 elo in the past couple days ^_^
people QQ about her on the forums usually 2-3 times a day still

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
People don't complain because there's no reason to complain. lmao

Top Bottom