• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AP Yi isn't bad... just has many counters.
He's actually sometimes better than AD yi.

His heal AP ratio is like 1.65.
And even though he's building AP he still does ridiculous physical damage because of a 105 AD + 80% AS steroid. There's a lot of power in a yi who can burst someone individually for like 1200-1300 damage before you even start taking into account his auto attacks (with about 700ish going AOE).

Oh and if you kill anybody or get an assist? Penta kill.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
And yet they did before. That's my point - they're fickle with little reason guiding their opinion, only persuasive words.
She's still a bit overpowered. People stopped complaining because they got tired of complaining lol.

Like who complains about corki anymore? No one, even though he's arguably top 3 in the game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Corki isn't OP because he's OP.
He's op because he makes other ranged carries look UP.

I wouldn't say Nunu's OP,
but he makes just about all other junglers look UP.

You know who's OP?
Ashe.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Corki isn't OP because he's OP.
He's op because he makes other ranged carries look UP.

I wouldn't say Nunu's OP,
but he makes just about all other junglers look UP.

You know who's OP?
Ashe.
I was gonna say Ashe instead of Corki, but I don't recall anyone complaining about her since they nerfed the range on volley.

ASHE NUMBA WAN.

Spife

Smash Master
AP Yi is pretty bad.
Uh, he tanks towers like a boss and doesn't afraid of anything

Story about zombie karthus
KevinM told DD and I about this, it seems kind of silly. Isn't the idea that he dies so much that kills barely give gold anymore or something like that? Also, I get why revive synergizes with the build, but wont you only be able to use it every 4-5 mins?

I want to see this in game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was gonna say Ashe instead of Corki, but I don't recall anyone complaining about her since they nerfed the range on volley.

ASHE NUMBA WAN.
People complain about Ashe. A lot.

Revive's CD is like 520 seconds. With the utility mastery it's reduced a bit, but you're still looking at a long time between usages.

And eh... the Karthus was giving gold because he would be getting kills every once in a while to reset it :| He reset it multiple times early on, at the very least.

People complain about Corki because:
"Why can't (Ezreal/Tristana/MF/Kog/etcetc) all of my spells do AOE damage?
Why can't all of my spells be amazing for farming?
Why can't all of my spells have amazing base damages and low cool downs?
Why can't I have the longest range + fastest blink out of the ranged carries (her and Trist are the only ones who can negate WW's ult damage with good timing)
Why can't I have free aoe armor reduction?
Why can't I have a true damage passive?
Why didn't he get nerfed to uselessness?"

What it really comes down to with Corki is:
"Why does he scale better than I do with gold when he has all of this?"

Now a lot of the ranged carries have various things which Corki has (great farming, great scaling, great damage [aoe], great safety), however, by Riot's choice only, he has all of those things.

Summarising it:
Great farming? No one has the farming Corki does. Sivir does... after buying items. Corki does with base damage spells only.
Great Scaling? Single target wise, MF and Tristana do. Sivir kinda did... but lotsaaaa-nerfs. Kog does... but with only a 6 second steroid with like a 15 second cd and he's nearly useless without that steroid up. Remember twitch?
Great Damage? Pretty much this is just Corki and Sivir. Remember twitch?
Great Safety? Ezreal is one of the best early game. Tristana becomes close to the best late game (longest range / blink). Corki is still extremely safe though. Remember Twitch? (pseudo safety)

Corki is nearly at the top in every area a ranged carry would like to be in for doing damage. Other carries have various niches, like pushing, utility, etc. But most ranged carry's utility have been obliterated to nothingness... and that's why what remains is only Ashe and Corki. Other ranged carries could get buffed in those areas and suddenly they wouldn't look so bad compared to Corki.

There was a short period of time when a lot of the ranged carries were good / similar in goodness.
Twitch, MF, Kog, Trist and mixed Ezreal/Corki were like... all viable. Did great damage. Their weaknesses in some areas gave player choices as some of the others had different strengths.
Now it's just Ashe because of Utility and Corki, because every other ranged carry was nerfed ludicrously.

jpak

Smash Lord
farming is dependent on the player
certianly it is easier to farm with corki than ashe
but if ure good with ashe and a generally good last hitter you can farm just as well as corki
the same being said with most carries like teemo or whoever
when you say corki farms better its mostly for the lower level players
SUMMARY - if chauster is ashe, and jiji is corki. their cs will be similar.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
but if ure good with ashe and a generally good last hitter you can farm just as well as corki
But corki can valk over to Wraiths and tell them to eat a fattie.

jpak

Smash Lord
But corki can valk over to Wraiths and tell them to eat a fattie.
extremely dangerous, he has no escape for ~15 seconds and is in the enemy jungle. you generally wont be doing this if ure against good opponents. if you meant your own wraiths then thats just taking it from ur jungler or whoever so be it

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
extremely dangerous, he has no escape for ~15 seconds and is in the enemy jungle. you generally wont be doing this if ure against good opponents. if you meant your own wraiths then thats just taking it from ur jungler or whoever so be it
NOPE! Wraiths always deserve to die at any possible time, especially the blue one.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Are you so sure on this philosophy? I've thought of it for a while in terms of opportunity costs. The sooner that you farm one wave of creeps, the sooner you can clear your jungle camps, and the sooner you can move on to another lane to farm that upcoming wave as well. If you farm faster, you have more time available to do more things, including more farm. Perhaps I'm overestimating the worth of those extra moments.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought when people said "so and so farms better" that meant "so and so farm more quickly."

Like when people say Alistar and poppy have a hard time farming. It was because they killed minions extremely slowly- not because it's more difficult to last-hit with them, which it isn't.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been floating at like 1300 ELO since I started playing ranked now and then so I already know I'm far from the top, but I dunno exactly how true this holds up at every stage of the game.

In lane I feel like that this should be very true for any carry given both have a relatively equal matchup against their opposing lane. At this point you are just last hitting so your CS should be practically identical.
I think Vocal is pretty spot on to say that outside of the laning phase a Corki can just clear far faster than other carries. If you clear your side's creeps even a few moments quicker than another carry then you have a few moments to get back to a lane and grab more last hits, right? Can any other ranged AD really match his AoE damage between his Q, E, and R? If you can't then you just can't realistically kill off an entire wave or creep camp as fast because your skill set limits your ability to do so.

Maybe that extra speed gives him like 1 extra CS here and there at the highest ELO, but that is still more wards at the very least, and more wards wins games.

That's how me as a still developing player sees it at least.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm gaining elo by the sackful. I've nearly gotten myself back up to the 1200 bracket, and I have an 80% win rate with Irelia :awesome: I do wonder when the gravy train ends and games get a little more difficult, but for now I'm enjoying the rise.

Oh yea, and I played Janna in ranked for the first time in ranked today. Game starts. Swain feeds. Karth runs into any confrontation head on and dies. Kog-Maw disconnects for the first five minutes. We turn the game around to a victory and I end at 3/1/18. Ah, the goddess **** is good to me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
DanGR / Vocal have it right.

Also Ashe's farming is pretty good, I didn't really include her in that thing because while she's OP it's not because of her damage (which is pretty much the weakest out of all of them).

The time in which Ezreal, Trist, Twitch, MF, Kog etc were all "strong" was when people thought Ashe was "bad".

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So jealous, Iggy... no extra RP for me :( Could finally buy Maokai w/ that ****, lol.

Also, Hylian OP. He assists in **** bushes... he also CSes at a rate of 1 creep per 2 minutes. It's pretty amazing.

john!

Smash Hero
im starting to agree with you guys. jarvan is invincible. lol

i don't think any single character brings more to a team than he does

i don't know if he's op since i've never played him, but i'm seeing more and more jarvans who destroy everything

_Dice

Smash Ace
I THINK i just played w/ a troll lol but i'm not sure.

Kaylentide1: Teasing is harasment in my books..
Dicen: :)
Kaylentide1: I am just learning the game so leave it
Dicen: ah i didn't mean to be offensive
Kaylentide1: take it up with riot!
Dicen: just light heartedness
Dicen: :)
Kaylentide1: i said i went badly... i apologised to the team.
Dicen: you did fine man
Kaylentide1: I was harased constantly by that bitsh
Dicen: dude i'm not doing blaming you or anything
Dicen: you did fine
Dicen: you did your job in team fights
Kaylentide1: and now you my own teamate who was deliberatly sabotarging his team is going after me
Dicen: just practice the laning stage better and you will be good :D
Dicen: um, okay if you think i'm going after you, you are wrong ^^ gg man thanks for being a good teammate.
Kaylentide1: just try HELPING newer players and NOT have a ago at them AT ALL!
Dicen: >.>

i'm Dicen (smurf)

MF(kaylen) went 3-9-13 in a 50 minute game dying mostly in the 2nd half. and MF apologized for the bad score so i said she did alright, but next time should probably die a little less early on to prevent the deaths later, by playing safer, then mf took offense and i told her i was teasing. and this was the (double-onesided) conversation afterwards lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I just had an Alistar claim mid, insta lock first pick, and go 12/2. While going sheer AP

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean after he got a triple kill, I stopped giving him **** for taking Mid instead of letting me take mid with Corki.

AP Alistar is pretty ridiculous right now

I played a game where he went 12-2 by 30 minutes. he was literally killing their karthus from 100% with 1 headbutt/knockup/lichbane combo. ****ing hilariuos

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I mean after he got a triple kill, I stopped giving him **** for taking Mid instead of letting me take mid with Corki.
no joke, my friend plays ap alistar and goes mid all the time. every single game, whether we win or lose, he always has 15+ stacks on his mejais and has a k/d ration of about 7:1. it's epicly ridiculous and funny

Top Bottom