• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
AD Sona.

Tell me more.

Is it worth it to go AD Sona over AP Sona? And for that matter, is it worth it to go AP Sona over Aura***** Sona?

Where's Kog'Maw in the game right now? I have just over 6300 IP and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should hop on the Cait Train, get Kog'Maw, or just go with something else. (I need an AD carry-- I already have Ashe, but I want something else.)
kogmaw is a hardcore glass cannon

but he will literally melt any tank there is in no time. it's so satisfying to pop your W and see lategame shen go from full health to no health in like 5 seconds

cait doesn't have anywhere near that kind of damage output but she is definitely more reliable since she's good earlier on and has a good escape mechanic.

also kogmaw should be built doing mostly magic damage so he's not an ad carry

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ok I won't buy her just yet.

@Mogwai or whoever, What champs can lane reasonably against Vlad atm? Our karth died to vlad at lv5 so we switched lanes (i was teemo). I go into lane with 99 MR. Vlad came back with 1 hexteceh revolver. He did SO much damage to me, even though I had so much MR... I don't understand. I couldn't even sit under tower and last hit (even while activating my 8 health pots), it was just hopeless.
strong bursters and healing debuffers are the best vs. vlad. Kassadin, LeBlanc, Malzahar, Jarman, Xin, and even just guys who push to the tower early to deny last hits before Vlad gets Tides of Blood to super ******** 2 shot the creepwave mode like Morde, Heimer and Sivir can be effective. I swear though, every time I go vlad I'm vs. Malz and it's just instant GG when he hits 6. You have to dodge every silence because if you're ever silenced, you just get full combo ***** and die.

the trick vs. vlad is that you can't be an attrition hero post-6. Teemo is attrition all throughout laning. playing attrition doesn't work when he's got a massive nuke/heal combo on short CD that is only limited by CD. the only attrition hero that can work vs. him is hextech revolver on WW since WW Q ***** vlad Q and post 6 WW can just go Q -> ult -> ignite -> Q and towerdive him.

kassadin is the best anti-carry

copy an aggressive caster build with him and provided you face a caster/ ad carry mid(who isn't a pr0) you will free farm to 1500 elo

he also pwns vlad in my experience lol

tank(y dps) **** him in lane

mid game *****

late game ***** if u ***** mid game

if ****: ur the carry

if didnt **** as hard: buy dfg and assassinate their carry

hes very good against malzahar too because his silence travels

so jumping in pretty much guarantees an ult from him and if you shoot ur ball in time you'll take away his ult in a teamfight
Kassadin beats standard carries early and loses really hard to them late. ranged carries just shoot you, so your slow and silence don't add up to much vs. them if they get a banshees and just don't play scared (that is, they just attack when you jump them). This is the reason that good players stop playing Kass. Pretty much every good player has gone through a Kass-phase where they think he's godmode and then you just run into Locodoco or something and he just stands there with his IE and shoots you and you die and then you're like, **** this ****, I'm playing malz so I can just ult and win. I still like Kass though, I think he's highly undervalued, albeit super stressful to play since every riftwalk treads a fine line between brilliant and awful spacing.

Kass lanes are weird and I feel like certain non-tanky matchups suck *** (like Caitlyn :(), but yes, your general rule is pretty much correct (Kass > carries in lane, Kass < tanks in lane).

Good Malz know to wait for you to silence them or for them to land a silence before they ult you. Suppression is like, the hardest teamfight counter to Kass, so vs. that **** I pretty much always buy a QSS.

Where's Kog'Maw in the game right now? I have just over 6300 IP and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should hop on the Cait Train, get Kog'Maw, or just go with something else. (I need an AD carry-- I already have Ashe, but I want something else.)

Zac-- I think Kassadin shuts down Vlad nicely. I think Urgot would hold his own well. Before the Killer Instinct nerf, I know Kat could deal with Vlad pretty easily from grievous wounds (not sure how that match-up is now, though). That's just a couple I can think of right now.
But either way, what you're talking about is laning against him when he's already at lvl 7. Trick to beating him is screwing him up early on.
Kog is ****, buy Cait or Corki. Kog is really only good vs. tanks without dashes and will just insta-die vs. most popular comps nowadays. I actually feel like he is best played AP atm so that he can at least do something without getting in range of omgrape.

AD Sona.

Tell me more.

Is it worth it to go AD Sona over AP Sona? And for that matter, is it worth it to go AP Sona over Aura***** Sona?
AD Sona is a troll build.

AP and Aura-***** both work, I think reverie + aegis -> AP is best.

Uh when you're passive is assuming you're going to die, then that's a sign the champ isn't that great.
(Kogmaw/Karthus LUL)
False. I currently consider Karthus the #1 AP carry (yes, even over Malz). He is absurdly strong right now.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
AD Sona doesn't work, if you build true AD on her. I've tried over and over recently and it just doesn't work. The reasoning is behind her laggy auto attack in conjunction with her spells; they don't blend well together.

The best way to play her (if you want ad) is to go 31 Armor pen with runes/masteries, doran's blade start, and win bot lane. Then build 1 Philo stone asap, it gives you the perfect amount of mana regen and lane sustainability. Afterwards get sheen. From this point your set for mid game and can easily transition to tri-force or reverie or aegis (if team needs).

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Why does that necessitate the champion is bad? The game is not about deaths but towers.
If you're dead how are you pushing towers?

False. I currently consider Karthus the #1 AP carry (yes, even over Malz). He is absurdly strong right now.
IMO Anivia Annie Malz are all better then karth.
I'm not going to lie, I do find spell vamp stacking on Karthus quite amusing, but when you're passive ability activates when you're dead that's a sign that even Riot recognizes that the champion will die often.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
IMO Anivia Annie Malz are all better then karth.
I'm not going to lie, I do find spell vamp stacking on Karthus quite amusing, but when you're passive ability activates when you're dead that's a sign that even Riot recognizes that the champion will die often.
why would you stack spell vamp? you just build standard glass cannon AP and control fights with your wall then AoE buttsehks the opposing team post initiation. Then either you die and hit them all for like 700 with your stupid *** ult or you don't die and your team won because you have the highest sustained DPS of any AP character in the game and they were too affraid to kill you. Basically he provides the same sort of early threat that having a Pantheon/TF/Nocturne on your team has and then late game he is a god in fights where you can force them to commit (like vs. an Amumu/Jarman/Malphite ult).

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Can someone give me a good mind set on how to play Shen? I feel like I am getting better with Shen, I just need a better understanding of situations on what moves should be used at what time.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
mostly try to save energy for your taunt. use feint when you're scaring of dying, use vorpal when you're trying to finish someone off, use your ult when it makes sense (this is late game). early game, spam vorpals and decide if you need feints (passive play in lane) or taunts (aggressive play in lane) and get some extra levels in that ability. if you're not needed for initiation, then split push all game and ult quickly to teamfights (still usually on the carry unless they're focusing your tank for some reason).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd rather have Malz than Karthus, but then again Malz is in a ******** spot atm so that's expected.

jpak

Smash Lord
BUT but mogwai you told me karthus isnt good a few motnhs ago and now when more ppl play hes the best!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
mostly try to save energy for your taunt. use feint when you're scaring of dying, use vorpal when you're trying to finish someone off, use your ult when it makes sense (this is late game). early game, spam vorpals and decide if you need feints (passive play in lane) or taunts (aggressive play in lane) and get some extra levels in that ability. if you're not needed for initiation, then split push all game and ult quickly to teamfights (still usually on the carry unless they're focusing your tank for some reason).
I feel the whole saving energy is my biggest problem, and I thanks to your post I will try my hardest to address it.

You mentioned that I should ult tank if he needs it, but isn't Shen suppose to be the tank of the team?

why would you stack spell vamp? you just build standard glass cannon AP and control fights with your wall then AoE buttsehks the opposing team post initiation. Then either you die and hit them all for like 700 with your stupid *** ult or you don't die and your team won because you have the highest sustained DPS of any AP character in the game and they were too affraid to kill you. Basically he provides the same sort of early threat that having a Pantheon/TF/Nocturne on your team has and then late game he is a god in fights where you can force them to commit (like vs. an Amumu/Jarman/Malphite ult).
mfw nobody agreed with me when I said this

john!

Smash Hero
lol never fails, same thing happened with anivia, i'm always a few months ahead of the high elo folks because many of them are sheep who are terrible at this game

edit: this isn't directed only at mogwai, he at least admitted he was wrong, this is me raging at the new karthus players who just hop onto fotm bandwagons after a champion gets a free week (even though karthus hasn't been buffed)

Limeee

Smash Champion
ive been playing a lot of 1v1s, trying to get better with swain, and for the life of me, i cannot beat lee sin :(. yeah i know, hes supposed to be horrible, but my friends leesin just stomped me 3 times in a row :(

how do i beat him? he has such ******** burst even at lvl 1

:009:
EDIT: just stomped him with corki, wtf is wrong with my swain :(

Cia

das kwl
Riot: We need a new champ fast! I know we hinted at monkey king a little while ago.. but lets make them wait even tho he's going to be absurdly epic.

People: WE WANT NEW CHAMP NAO!

Riot: Quick! take Soraka's hair, Vlad's Clothes, Poppy's E, and ashe's arrow. they will never notice.
i noticed.. i noticed BIG TIME.

Top Bottom