• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Characters like Corki can clear minion waves so quickly that he's never "pushing" directly.
The creeps will go up to the enemy tower and be killed before the the next wave comes, resetting it to middle of the lane. Rinse, repeat.
Of course a player can stand somewhere and take minion aggro avoid having the tower kill them all to get that reset. But then they're opening themselves up for harassment.

Also that video of eve is obviously low level pub stomping.
Of course, but I still got some giggles out of it :)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
D: Did I post saying I'm getting my account back? Riot finally responded to me after like, 3 weeks.
xD So happy~

-DD

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I now have 1337 rating.
<Jealous

A bit of shame to say it, but I'm currently at 1154. That said, it's about 125 elo higher than when I started playing ranked again, so there's been a definite improvement from when I first began. Here's to hoping I can make it up to 1300 :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
<Jealous

A bit of shame to say it, but I'm currently at 1154. That said, it's about 125 elo higher than when I started playing ranked again, so there's been a definite improvement from when I first began. Here's to hoping I can make it up to 1300 :)
i dropped from my high but i will work my way back up. i want to hit 1400 by may's end

my new attitude towards solo queue is i just listen to yo yo ma radio on pandora and dont boss people around :x

D

Deleted member

how to get to 1500:

duo queue with someone who doesn't suck schlong

go solomid (or top)

**** them

don't get mad at teammates because they will play worse

command ur teammates and they'll listen when u **** mid

tell people to relax when they are fighting

dragon is 6 minutes after u kill it, both buffs are 5 minutes after

aggressive warding ***** at their buffs

don't talk to trolls on ur team

troll the other team to guarantee win

duo queueing sometimes makes ur opponents elo higher at higher elos but it shouldn't matter IMO

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
provided they both start with boots (like they should IMO) Cait should win easily.
We did, but it seemed that she just had superior poke ability with Volley. She can hit a wide *** area whereas I have a pretty thin hitbox to hit with Peacemaker :/ I think I started winning after initial levels, but it was still tough. Guess I just thought it'd be easier

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Alistar, Blitzcrank, Xin Zhao, Janna, and Malzhar. Ultimate cc team. 4 knockups and a long-range suppression. I want to see this happen at some point :troll:

edit: Could use either Xin or Jarvan, now that I think about it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Silence being shortened is.... mmm....

Kinda good / kinda bad.

IONO, But I find that having silenced not reduced to nothing by mundo/irelia made those with them really strong against some of the strongest characters (what am I joking, I just mean irelia) in the game.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm really excited about the changes. Because of the wit's end + tenacity changes, teemo can now grab berserker greaves, philo stone, wits end, upgrade philo and still do really well. His MR was a problem, now wits end fixes that so he doesnt have to build merc treads all the time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah, IDK if I would go Berserk Phil Stone Wits End Tenacity item. Not enough damage, you're basically investing on making him the most annoying little ****er on the planet instead of the most damaging little *******. I'd probably just stick with Wriggles and Wits End instead. Wriggles should be more useful than the Phil tenacity upgrade, for Teemo at least.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
can some1 please explain to me how people can suck this bad and still be lvl 30??

u would think lvl 30s would know not to focus the ****ing tank
The worst of it is, when it's supposed to be a poke war. But the melee/tanks take it as a sign to go in and then you lose.

You almost never want to try to target other carries as a carry when the other teams tank is still at full/decent health. It annoys me to know end when I just run up and volley to do some poke damage and the whole team just goes in.

Initiation is bad in that case because everyone will run into their tanks/melee first before reaching the range carries. Then people complain about "Why were you focusing the tank".

Now in case people forget, tanks are their to absorb damage and try to CC carries in some form. So when you initiate your allowing everything the other team has to hit you while forcing your carries to try to find away around their tank.

So many gap closer melees do this. Really frustrating to watch happen.

Where if you just let the carries poke a bit, maybe get the tank to 75%-50% health, all of a sudden the tank needs to retreat closer to the team, making the fight be a lot closer to their carries in general.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'd like if tenacity stacked...atleast up to a certain point...like 50 Tenacity or something.

when does that spotlight come out?!?!!?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
im not running through 4 champs to get to the carry if the tank just starts attacking you by himself

just kill him and then 4v5 them?

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
You win solo queue by telling the other ******* on your team what to do. Just win your lane and go from there. It's been working for me all the way out of 800 ELO >_>

(Gonna break 1300 this week. 3 wins away)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How do you prevent someone from Auto locking first pick Fiddle, and going mid against Vlad?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Fuuuuu... Wit's End was for ruining tanks, not fighting mages who are going to die to your AD anyways. Not a fan of this change at all.

Also, Tenacity needs to stack. Having the ability to further mitigate CC beyond 35% would provide teams with more champion selections options and the ability to itemize to defeat a team that relies too heavily on targetable CC.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Being able to stack it however also leads to more Irelia like qualities, where it's like she has perma cleanse on her.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
OK but seeing as you are using an item slot for that it kinda makes its a choice?

don't get CC'd as much but then not have that Deathcap you were going for or take a little more CC and get that extra damage.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You win solo queue by telling the other ******* on your team what to do. Just win your lane and go from there. It's been working for me all the way out of 800 ELO >_>
i'll listen to zac!

Fuuuuu... Wit's End was for ruining tanks, not fighting mages who are going to die to your AD anyways. Not a fan of this change at all.

Also, Tenacity needs to stack. Having the ability to further mitigate CC beyond 35% would provide teams with more champion selections options and the ability to itemize to defeat a team that relies too heavily on targetable CC.
im a fan of the wits end changes

i do not think tenacity should stack (i do think irelia's passive should be tenacity) and i do not think there is anything wrong with a team choosing a lot of target-able CC

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
mogwai, are there replays or videos of your game vs OGB?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CYHY3HPP
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=20NO086D

I just had an Alistar claim mid, insta lock first pick, and go 12/2. While going sheer AP
AP Alistar is a very good solo atm. His damage is pretty scary :( and his sustainability with those heals is pretty good too + he's impossible to gank post 6 unless you have olaf.

And yea, R.I.P. Wit's End T_T. I like pretty much all the other changes, but that one is really awful. Oh yea and the Shen one was stupid IMO. Like, we're shifting Ki Strike towards scaling so he doesn't accidentally hit like a truck! Ummmmmm, what? It scales off of HP dip****, like Shen's not gonna build HP and accidentally hit like a truck anyway, zzz, idiots.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The Ki strike base damage is reduced and it's only going to scale off BONUS health instead of MAXIMUM health as it does now. Depending on how much scaling he's given, w/ the base damage nerf on top of that, it's pretty much guaranteed he won't be doing nearly as much as he used to.

Also they said Tenacity stacks with CC reduction like it always did... so Irelia still gets her 2/3 CC reduction.

Nerf to Sunfire's was pretty random.

Top Bottom