• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
He was on Hotshot's earlier. HS and Saint vicious were making fun of him before game. Then Azen went 9/1/7 and killed Saint 4 times. I laughed.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The Ki strike base damage is reduced and it's only going to scale off BONUS health instead of MAXIMUM health as it does now. Depending on how much scaling he's given, w/ the base damage nerf on top of that, it's pretty much guaranteed he won't be doing nearly as much as he used to.
All I'm saying is that his damage still scales on HP, so he'll still hit hard based on buying tanking items so I don't see the point. Basically the way I see it is that they're making him hit weaker early and scale higher late game, but they framed it like they were trying to prevent him from getting "accidental" damage output, which is exactly what he'll still be getting.

Also they said Tenacity stacks with CC reduction like it always did... so Irelia still gets her 2/3 CC reduction.
Source?

Nerf to Sunfire's was pretty random.
Agreed. I honestly don't get this one.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Xypherous made a couple posts on the Tenacity thing... and specifically mentioned Irelia will have the same CC reduction as before. I'm too lazy to go find them again... though if you use the devtracker you probably could w/o too much trouble.

I mean, they don't want Shen to have ZERO damage output, otherwise he's only useful whenever taunt is up... he's already losing about 2000 base health worth of damage, so 1k bonus health (assuming double scaling) would make him break even with before (if they had no extra health items). So I'm going to make an assumption and say that he needs like 1500 bonus health in order to do as much damage as before, and that's pretty expensive... he won't be doing more damage until UBER late game, and that's if he's farming well and/or his team is doing well.

EDIT: I thought Azen quit? o_O

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Just took a hiatus like he does with every game. Talked to him a few days ago and he said he started playing melee again.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
mogwai, imagine how irelia worked before with merc treads. That's how she works now after this new patch
I was just surprised they went that direction instead of just making those abilities be tenacity too -_-.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=8656802#post8656802

there's the source btw, dev tracker OP.

And PX, I'm just bothered by their phrasing really because any way you slice it, it seems to me that HP -> damage results in accidental damage output while building for something else. I'm not saying that they should nerf Shen damage output any more or anything like that, I'm just saying that they're framing the change wrong.

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
You guys seem pretty cool.

LoL tag: Denfo
LoL Mains: Soraka, Ashe, Caitlyn, Galio

EDIT: If evelynn's such a joke why is she always banned in ranked?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Azen back on Bob's stream, playing Lux.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Poor Azen... he has a Gragas in his lane that is feeding hard.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
He was on Hotshot's earlier. HS and Saint vicious were making fun of him before game. Then Azen went 9/1/7 and killed Saint 4 times. I laughed.
yea i got sick of hotshot's attitude and have stopped watching clg streams

he was making fun of treeeskimo and his rumble even tho trees rumble was ****** and carrying jiji and saint while they half trolled half sucked :|

why do they make fun of cool people

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Buy her and start practicing her, Zac. As long as we don't run no-CC team, you should be fine. At least then I'll know you're going to be safe, unlike your Nunu, haha.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The only stream worth watching with the CLGaming tag is Bob.
Everyone else I just put on mute because I don't want to hear them stroke their ego as they troll.
Bob's stream is always hella chill though and the music never disappoints :cool:

On the Azen topic: He's playing a lot of Melee again with Chillin, and you can watch their recent matches on Chillin's channel. Never seen him play LoL but I find high level Azen play in like any game to be great so I'm sure its no different here.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
My nunu is a work in progress >>

Just watched some OddOne jungle guides regarding counter jungling and his preferences for doing things. I think I've got it down now. Will try some more games tonight :)

Jungling is hard for me, not cause I struggle at it, but because it's so boring. I'm so much better in lane getting last hits than lazy hitting neutral creeps. But recently I've been picking up fun junglers. Cho has been fun, and now nunu too (as of 1 game last night LOL)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The only fun junglers are the ones with strong ganks and counterjungle/harass, in my opinion, or who can help push down a tower real quick.

Cho is just fun period.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
my assessment of Azen is that he is an extremely talented individual LoL player with a poor sense of playing for the team, :laugh:. I dunno, he's just one of those guys with an absolutely absurd KDA ratio, but non-exceptional W/L ratio. Always does well, never loses the game for you, but also doesn't make ballsy plays that will win you the game.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't know why I'm the only person in the world who thinks DFG Cho is ridiculously fun.
Just sayin' for the 100th time.

Anyway, back to my essay on a symphony... got 3-4 more pages to write by tomorrow.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I wish I could get lucky like bob and get azen all the time >>

Even when I try to queue at the same time, it fails. And when it works, someone d/c and it throws me on other team. /rage

In other news, I learned today casting spells (or other non-autoattacks) does NOT draw minion aggro while laning against an opponent. Pretty cool.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
my assessment of Azen is that he is an extremely talented individual LoL player with a poor sense of playing for the team, :laugh:. I dunno, he's just one of those guys with an absolutely absurd KDA ratio, but non-exceptional W/L ratio. Always does well, never loses the game for you, but also doesn't make ballsy plays that will win you the game.
I will almost ALWAYS take the guy who never loses the game for you. Being that solid... is ********.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Even Garen? :o

Also, just realized I never put down my info for OP.

SWF name: Zero_Gamer
LoL name: Oni Master
Mains: Nidalee, Alistar, Nasus, Renekton, Garen
Garen wins almost every lane against casters: silence run up and spin all over them. Once silence wears off W and retreat. This works because of the epic W buffs.

:phone:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
In other news, I learned today casting spells (or other non-autoattacks) does NOT draw minion aggro while laning against an opponent. Pretty cool.
It's amazing that you just learned this, especially since we just had a big discussion about Ryze laning and how he doesn't draw tower aggro with his Q. HOW ARE YOU 1800!?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Just got in one last game with Teemo/Wit's End before they remove Mana Burn.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Manaburn was one of my favorite things to get though. It was so much fun. I'm mad they're taking it out.

_Dice

Smash Ace
after messing around with AP MF a bit more, new favorite build. once you get that lich bane, all of your skills scale with AP. and you can just deal massive aoe damage.

also whats up with them buffing shen?

more than doubling his ratio's?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
some days ago mogwai and someone else talked about shurelias on sona and i wonder why you get that when she already has a minighost skill =O

just because philo stone is op?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Might be good to get the new Tenacity item that Philo upgrades into on her and free up your boots for Sorc Shoes. Only getting 25% CC reduction on the new Philo Stone upgrade won't be as good, but realistically Sona shouldn't be the target of the other team's CC over your carries/initiators in the first place.

I dunno, never really play Sona too much.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
that was my thought

if i play sona and i feel like i need more hp i usually go for soul shroud / spirit visage / banshees

Top Bottom