• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

verge

Smash Apprentice
that was my thought

if i play sona and i feel like i need more hp i usually go for soul shroud / spirit visage / banshees

I think Shurelya's is a good item on most supports. Philo stone is just a generally good item when you're letting your lane partner farm, and 40% move speed can really save your carry or net your team a kill in team fights. I'd definitely get it over spirit visage / banshees with Sona.

john!

Smash Hero
what's with all the jax players lately? i'm seeing more and more jaxes on livestreams.

actually I like karthus nerfs
I'm happy about the change to Karthus's death timer. Super happy.
karthus hasn't been touched in 20 MONTHS. how can you justify this. i really don't understand. why is he now deserving of such heavy nerfs?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
what's with all the jax players lately? i'm seeing more and more jaxes on livestreams.

karthus hasn't been touched in 20 MONTHS. how can you justify this. i really don't understand. why is he now deserving of such heavy nerfs?
because people found out how to abuse his passive to break the game

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's not getting nerfed that heavily. -.1 AP ratio on his Ult is like 30 less damage at 300 AP, and it's even less of a difference if they have resistance (prob 20 something). Undead state reduced to 7 seconds, and time undead counts for being dead instead of % taken off total death timer.

If death timer is 40 seconds:

Old Karthus would be undead for 8 seconds, 20% (i think?) off of 40 seconds leaves that at 32, so it takes him 40 seconds overall from the start of undead to respawn. New Karthus would be undead for 7 seconds, and have 33 seconds remaining for 40 total.

Short version of it all: The longer the death timer gets, the better old karthus was. 40 second death timer is the threshold where both versions are equal assuming it's 20% off and that they are making him undead for 7 seconds. Anything shorter than that favors the new Karthus. Anything longer favors the old Karthus.

Overall, not that big of a change to the character. AP ratios elsewhere remain the same from what they said, and his passive got a slight buff in getting back faster unless the death timer is really high.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
relearning ashe
lol so fun
its hard to cs with her till i have more then my base AD though x.x
i mean really, i can CS with anivia pre 6 more easily then ashe atm

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i cant even troll a normal game without everyone calling me a baddie wtf is this

the level of flame in this game is ridiculous lol

someone makes one mistake and they are a baddie, moron ***ing piece of ****, you name it

on another note, I played shaco a bunch just to prove to myself what a ****ty character he was
and have found that he is retardedly fun against noobs
I still think hes the worst character in teh game (maybe 2nd worst)

but man is he easy to **** bad kids with

also i want to play a game sometime with shaco jungle, eve roam, and brand mid for our team

god that **** sounds so unfair

also its funny how that joke evovled when jazriel is probably legit better than 95% of posters here LOL

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And Rabbi beard.

The only part I like about the jews.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Patch Notes are out as well:

Some pretty nice buffs for Lee Sin in the energy department, which is great for him. Jarvan nerfs will probably be inconsequential. These buffs are pretty good for Pirate, Malphite buffed back to most likely be able to jungle and have an easier time in lane...

The Nocturne nerf was epic fail. The base damage on Q isn't what mattered... it was the buff given while on his trail that was really strong and let him build tanky...

Out of nowhere SUPER HARD Catalyst nerf... what the hell? Guess they only want casters that will be building RoA getting the most use out of it.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
jazriel is prob a lot better than i am

but that doesn't make the joek any less jeok

_Dice

Smash Ace
woah big shen buff on ki strike. >.> 8% on bonus hp? a warmogs adds 100+ damage. >.> considering 6 warmog shen (LOL) ki strike for 700. yes plz.

(joking)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That sucked. Shoulda stopped playing earlier today, but it's rare having a full 5's so I said what the hell.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Now we know why heroes always look OP in Spotlights... Phreak is so much better than everyone he plays against, ahha. Only one doing well in this Preview is Princess Aura, haha.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Im fine with just Ryze nerfs honestly

spells need to proc tower aggro

this game would be perfect.

oh and cleanse should break suppression

On second thought id like for Rumble to be touched on, not super nerfed, just touched on

Turazrok

Smash Master
The ults that give suppression used to be cleanseable. It made WW and Malz suck. It's fine the way it is.

That's why suppression was put in.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
The ults that give suppression used to be cleanseable. It made WW and Malz suck. It's fine the way it is.

That's why suppression was put in.
Its a summenor spell with an 150 second cooldown I cant see it completely ruining a champion. In blind pick it would literally be luck to have cleanse if a WW or malz was on the other team

Top Bottom