• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
that's not the easy build they were talking about (I think). just stack hextech revolvers, it's really stupid.

I currently do CDR boots -> revolver -> Spirit Visage -> revolver -> Deathcap, but I've seen people just stack 3 revolvers too. real dumb how much he gets back off a single Q with 60% spell vamp, zzz.
Q doesn't cost health.
Q only costs dignity.
Well then, even better!

Cia

das kwl
I would say there are only about 2 smashers that can compete on a national level.

The rest of us are lame and should just stick to playing Peach..

-_-

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
as far as I know, I'm the highest solo queue smasher (err, actually, CleverAdvisor might be a smasher, I can't remember, if so though he's over 2K now so I'm 2nd). Dekar is top 5 on the ranked 3v3 ladder. jpak is the only other smasher on a premier league team in the ESL (I also believe he's the top 5v5 premade rated smasher, but I really don't pay attention to that, so I require confirmation on that). Azen used to play a ton and be a solo queue superstar, but rarely plays now, (still 1800+ I think). Zac's been moving up a bit, not sure where he's at these days... That's all I know really.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
no, KriticalKill's a nub. I honestly think the Warmog's build is better than his. I build more DPSy, you can read my guide here if you care (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197821), though it's not very specific since my build is basically cloth -> boots -> 12837129387129837 different options based on the game. If you want the most common build order I've been using recently, it's probably cloth + 5 hp pots -> boots -> brutalizer -> HoG -> Mercs -> Ghostblade -> Banshee's -> Atma's -> Omen -> Trinity, but there are a lot of situational changes that I make to it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
In other news, still around 1800. Still getting annoyed that trolls still exist way up here (aka lock in random, give up at 0-3, etc).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
AD Sion isn't as bad as most people seem to think. Anyway, if you have a useless player on your team, it's easier to carry 4v5 vs. a fed 5 when those 5 are 1300 than it is to carry 4v5 vs. a fed 5 when those 5 at 1800. The higher you get, the more it feels like what 800 players ***** about as Elo Hell.

Dekar173

Justice Man
and what about attack speed cho? I find him a little slow to start out but once you get that 2.0 attacks per second your vorpal spikes are ruining stuff.
Forgot to mention and imo this is the worst characteristic of Hybrid Cho- you can't win if you're behind. He MUST snowball in order to be effective, whether it's your entire team or just you snowballing, it doesn't matter, all that matters is that you are beefy enough to 1v1 anyone on the enemy team without being scratched.

Luckily, Cho's runes etc. are flexible enough to where you don't have to dedicate yourself to this build, you can always switch to tank or AP and be relatively safe build-wise.

The main issue is for tower killing, he's not really able to actually poke the tower (he's melee :)) so you've gotta rely on your caster and carry to do it.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Azen used to play a ton and be a solo queue superstar, but rarely plays now, (still 1800+ I think).
I think he just started to pick the game up again, I've been seeing him on the past week. He's still got the touch, it seems.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
duz kriticalkills build really suck?
you can do worse for sure, but it's far from optimal and yes, I would go so far as to say that it does really suck. I think the Bryden7 rush Warmog's build is a better play on the same theory (good base armor/mres from spec, stack early HP)

EDIT: I deleted hella cats from my friendslist. Just readd me if I dropped you, chances are I forgot who you were. Just wanted to clear it up.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
cant break 1800. whenever im 1800, im always first pick, my teammates dont know what to do =(

people still dont know how to play against eves? people still lose lanes (like 0-4)? =( =(

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
KriticalKill's Jarman is just using as many gold/5 items as possible on him pretty much.
I can see why he likes it, but it just seems so mediocre. The health from HoG/regen from Philo Stone are fine and all but when that's all you are really building you are just missing out on so much other potential :p

Dekar173

Justice Man
KriticalKill's Jarman is just using as many gold/5 items as possible on him pretty much.
I can see why he likes it, but it just seems so mediocre. The health from HoG/regen from Philo Stone are fine and all but when that's all you are really building you are just missing out on so much other potential :p
It lets you freefarm the **** out of your lane with the sustainability, and jarvan's natural tankiness/escapes make him pretty much ungankable.

Then when you take into account his passive, and the fact that you can't deny... gold/10 is pretty op for him ;p

In fact, gold/10 seems to be the new flavor for midgame dominance. Boringgggggggggggggg

_Dice

Smash Ace
heh 6 philo stones is my midgame aim for maokai. lvl 1: kill both golems then enter the lane at lvl 2. w/ sapling and the snare.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh so now people have moved up into the range of "1800 ELO people still suck."

To think, it used to be "1000 ELO people still suck." You guys grow up so fast. *Tear*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh so now people have moved up into the range of "1800 ELO people still suck."

To think, it used to be "1000 ELO people still suck." You guys grow up so fast. *Tear*
No, it moved from "People in ELO hell got it bad" towards "Anyone can troll or suck at any ELO".

Not broad vast sweeping generalizations.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
LOL thats not even the best part.

I play on my 1500 smurf. Just got done against a team of 1350s, and one of them is like "lol no wonder, they had a 1500"

-_________________________-

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
It lets you freefarm the **** out of your lane with the sustainability, and jarvan's natural tankiness/escapes make him pretty much ungankable.

Then when you take into account his passive, and the fact that you can't deny... gold/10 is pretty op for him ;p

In fact, gold/10 seems to be the new flavor for midgame dominance. Boringgggggggggggggg
alternately, I could just buy a Brutalizer and kill you, but yea, sure, I guess you could stack HoGs.

alternately again, I could just buy a ruby + regrowth, then a giant's belt, then a warmogs instead of Philo + first 2 HoGs and then all my free farm turns into free money anyway (in the form of Warmog's charging) without having to waste 3 extra item slots on doing exactly the same thing.

I seriously wanna vomit every time I see the KriticalKill build, it only works because Jarman is OP anyway, so you can succeed doing anything.

EDIT: I mean seriously, I just listed rushing Warmogs as a better alternative, that's how bad it is.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They had an AS stacking MF. Malady was rushed, then SotD and some other AS ****.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Damn.
I thought "Book Hockey" was the best one, but Gaston there destroyed him.
-DD

Top Bottom