• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

you didn't really address the problems with her ult with anything other than "it's pretty good but yeah it has its problems"

her traps are decent and definitely not useless.

her Q is good for poking and nothing else. it's totally not worth using in teamfights

all i'm saying is that Cait's kit pales in comparison to Trists'

In fact I'd argue that Teemo is also better ranged carry than cait with his blind, his superior map control skill, and dat split push ability

also urgot

so I'd put her above sivir at least in the top 6/7/8 depending on what you think of MF and kogmaw. lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Teemo is more niche, but I agree he has a lot of merits and is currently undervalued. Cait is undoubtably better than Trist right now in my mind.

and yes I addressed something about the ult, a rather big one. It's physical damage. Hence, it scales with your pen. What else is there to say? It provides worse utility than Ashe/Trist/Teemo/Corki's ults, but it does considerably better damage than all of them with better scaling off of standard ranged carry stats. *shrugs*, I dunno what you want me to say, and frankly, after I've wasted a ton of my time straightening hard facts like, number of traps and what type of damage the ult does, I'm not really inclined to give you anything more in this conversation when you're basically providing nothing other than "her kit pales in comparison" based on absolutely nothing.

her utility in teamfights pretty much boils down to only autoattacking since her other skills don't help at all

she only does damage and also has no steroid to help boost that damage

meanwhile trist provides slow, a knockback, a healing debuff, and a steroid to help her do more damage than cait could hope to do

that's what i meant when I said cait's kit pales in comparison. because she only does one thing and she isn't even the best at that one thing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you 2 trappin, magic ult doin, yeeeahawin bad carryin son oa *****

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i think the argument is that because she does that one thing so well, it mitigates the need for the other things to some extent.

haven't we already established that pimp doesn't know what he's talking about?

hey pimp, quick question, is trist's ult physical or magic damage?
hey guess what? you haven't contributed **** to the discussion and frankly are coming off as a bit of an *** since I haven't ever talked to you in my life.

it's magic damage and I made a mistake. Is that all you had to add? seriously

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, if we're being honest, Tristana's slow is a nonfactor in teamfights because if she's jumping into poeple she's very likely to get instagibbed.

Cait's traps are very usable in teamfights because it's hard to see them/avoid them when there's other **** going on, and that's a free snare.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Her traps can lock down a position easily and let you poke people safely at their own towers or not get dove at yours. Cait has a slow and an awesome kite game and finisher.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Cait also helps secure key objectives with her traps which is so valuable.

Cutting off the jungle path that the other team is going to use to try to stop your Baron or Dragon is so clutch. Or laying traps down to secure your jungler's ability to steal their red/blue. The only other characters who can do something similar are like Shaco and Teemo. Neither of which fit the same role in a team as Cait (Teemo ain't no ranged carry >:| ) so she does have a powerful and unique ability over other ranged carries.
The increase in range at which they are set off makes her ability to control space around the map, especially in the jungle, very good and it's something I don't see enough Caits abusing.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tristana is all single target damage when the better carries all have aoe/utility.

Caitlyn just sucks lol.

teemo is a carry in the same way nida is an ap carry lol... yeah i guess you could say that... O.o

edit: fro reminded me that we need a hextech cougar and mechanic nidalee skin.

john!

Smash Hero
hey guess what? you haven't contributed **** to the discussion and frankly are coming off as a bit of an *** since I haven't ever talked to you in my life.

it's magic damage and I made a mistake. Is that all you had to add? seriously
i know i have, but i dislike it when people assert strong opinions and don't have their facts straight.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Does Pimp even know what he's talking about? zzzzz

Have you played Caitlyn, laned vs a good Caitlyn, or had on on your team?
She's definently Top 4 if not Top 3.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Built Wriggle for the extra armor and early dragon. Someone else on my team got a razer by 5 minute and I got FB so I proceeded to buy one as well, it was alot of + (they had a roamer so nice to have the free ward, alot of AD and we took map control by grabbing there buffs and dragons).

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Built Wriggle for the extra armor and early dragon. Someone else on my team got a razer by 5 minute and I got FB so I proceeded to buy one as well, it was alot of + (they had a roamer so nice to have the free ward, alot of AD and we took map control by grabbing there buffs and dragons).
So do you feel that Nunu benefits with a wriggles? Or is situational?

Does Pimp even know what he's talking about? zzzzz

Have you played Caitlyn, laned vs a good Caitlyn, or had on on your team?
She's definently Top 4 if not Top 3.
zzzz
1. ask a subjective question unrelated to facts
2. assert a strong claim with no backing information

do you even know what you're talking about?

yeah cait is good early game in lane but unfortunately the laning phase is really the only place where she outshines other ranged carries. late game she has neither the damage output nor the cc/utility that other top carries provide

if you objectively look at cait's skillset vs ashe corki or trist's, it's pretty obvious that she is a bit underwhelming.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dodge Yellows
Flat mana Blues
Crit % reds
Gold Quints

GG

john!

Smash Hero
why oh why do people say dodge yellows? are you running 9 in defense? if not then why aren't you using armor yellows instead? seriously, i never understood this, even though lots of pros use dodge yellows.

even if that was a troll post, i'd still like an answer to my question.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
why oh why do people say dodge yellows? are you running 9 in defense? if not then why aren't you using armor yellows instead? seriously, i never understood this, even though lots of pros use dodge yellows.

even if that was a troll post, i'd still like an answer to my question.
Dodge procs nimbleness.

That and it counts more towards staying alive than dodge does past a certain point.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
zzzz
1. ask a subjective question unrelated to facts
2. assert a strong claim with no backing information

do you even know what you're talking about?

yeah cait is good early game in lane but unfortunately the laning phase is really the only place where she outshines other ranged carries. late game she has neither the damage output nor the cc/utility that other top carries provide

if you objectively look at cait's skillset vs ashe corki or trist's, it's pretty obvious that she is a bit underwhelming.
when u look at carries and says one does better during laning

you realize that accounts for their late game

its not "objective" if you just look at carries as if they will all be the same level of farm by late game

some carries will have earlier item advantage and this will when the game by 20 minutes

also cait can dominate another carry in lane. somethig ashe and corki (pre 6) cant do as easily

not just about looking at abilities lol
cait ***ing good

on another note, i need to ask someone experienced wtf to do at this point. ive just lost 100 elo in this past day cuase of just ******** teammates. three ad tfs who have gone a combined 4-26 in 3 games.. irelia who solos top and doesnt know what anivias passive does.

it has actually made my game better, and i make fewer mistakes now in my game play, cuase i really dont want to give anyone excuse to say that i ***ked up. so:

1. how do you break these streaks? just take a break from lol, or play normals, or what? or is it possible

2. how do you communicate with teammates? some people want to type a lot in chat, and sometimes no one types at all.and when a person makes a mistake, do you say something or not? i usually just point out mistakes cause i like my mistakes being pointed out, but if youre a brazilian nasus who begs for mid solo over malzahar, you dont like people telling you you are dumb.

idk what to do at this point. i kinda want to ***ing quit, cause i lose every game i play, and the players are just getting dumber and more ***ing stupid every game

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
TBH my standard build is Amp Tome + Health Pot, First Buy gets Boots/Mejais, Catalyst (go to either rod or veil depending on how well I'm doing and there team comp is) then go either defensive/APish depending on our team make up.
Not trying to be a downer, but as we've both discussed, that build is very reliant on you having a good early game. *Shrug*

Top Bottom