• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I always pretend to have bad english. Learned to do this in online games since I was 12 years old :laugh:

It saves you from a lot of ragers if they think you won't understand anything they say but plain english. It improves the game for the whole team.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I take back what I said the other day. MF and Caitlyn work in different ways. Caitlyn is a strong pusher, and is good at taking early towers due to her range (easy to poke a tower down). MF is more focused on debilitating the opposing mid and I'd call her an average tower pusher. Later in the game, MF does some great AoE damage, but Cait has good single target dps from a safe range, and her ult actually can be useful when used properly. Although they do have similarities, I was wrong to call them the same champ.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you seem to have missed the part where Caitlyn has bull**** traps that make ganking her impossible and crazy early level damage output between her Q and her passive that let her **** just about everyone up in a solo lane. MF is currently one of the worst ranged DPS imo, I think the only one I like less right now is Sivir.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Tom, here's my excellent Teemo Shroom Map: http://i.imgur.com/9GZ7f.jpg

For "Only Blue Team" shrooms, that indicates you are pushing out as blue team and spending time on their side of the map. If instead you are defending more as blue team (purple is in your jungle), use the "Only Purple Team" shroom setup instead.

Also, it's almost always worth it to leave your lane with 3 shrooms and protect another lane (after you setup yours of course).

If you are playing against Eve, Twitch, or Shaco then you'll have to add some more shrooms in your lane. I'm sure you can figure out how to properly defend against those characters. Just imagine how they plan to avoid your shrooms.

L__

Smash Master
I'm too lazy to do that, sir.

Also, if anyone in here decides to ever make a premade or inhouse, this is me asking for an invitation. I wanna be as good as the cool kids. :l

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
you seem to have missed the part where Caitlyn has bull**** traps that make ganking her impossible and crazy early level damage output between her Q and her passive that let her **** just about everyone up in a solo lane. MF is currently one of the worst ranged DPS imo, I think the only one I like less right now is Sivir.
Well yes, this was part of my argument for why Caitlyn > MF, the flip side being that MF scales harder and has an AoE damage ultimate.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I would argue that Caitlyn actually scales better. 1.3 AD Scaling on her 6 second CD Q, 2.0 AD Scaling on her ult, and essentially 0.5 AD Scaling on her passive. MF's just got 0.75 scaling on her Q, a 50% AS steroid, and I'm not sure the real scaling on her ult cuz the description doesn't say how many bullets. But either way, the utl is magic damage, which she can't spec pen for, which really really hurts the practical scaling on it.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Well yes, this was part of my argument for why Caitlyn > MF, the flip side being that MF scales harder and has an AoE damage ultimate.
MF is also a bit more versatile, she can go AP if the team needs her to, she becomes a DOT (and AOE DOT) AP character instead of just AD like cait has.

EDIT: also AP MF is fun as hell lol

_Dice

Smash Ace
She's actually considered top 3 Ranged Carries atm. You can only buff a character so many times in a row before they become really strong.
Every time i see cait i just wonder why it isn't ashe. everytime i see MF i think it's going to be beneficial to my team (as long as it isn't obviously an idiot)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The last time I laned against mf my team fed her two kills in a level 1 fight, so she had a dorans blade, 4 health pots, boots, and a mana pot in lane at level 1. That game definitely could have gone better.

I did just buy karthas though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Every time i see cait i just wonder why it isn't ashe. everytime i see MF i think it's going to be beneficial to my team (as long as it isn't obviously an idiot)
every time I see MF I just wonder why it isn't corki. every time i see Cait I think it's going to be beneficial to my team (as long as it isn't obviously an idiot).

Cait has better consistent damage output in a well positioned teamfight and undoubtably better utility aside from damage. the only things that MF really brings to the table over Cait are 1v1 damage output via Impure Shots and her ult's AoE damage output, and neither of those really make up for 100 Attack Range and Caitlyn's Q.

AD Sona

=O
#1 legit build -_-.

Those are bad MFs
probably. MF is pretty nasty in lane.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Actually, after playing both of them for a couple days, I think I'm going to retract my retraction. MF does have her benefits, but Caitlyn's are stronger. She's even cheaper to build for - whereas MF's best path is usually an IE (at least from what I've heard/seen) Cait can just go straight to Bloodthirster since she benefits more from straight AD. And then once she gets a Phantom Dancer she's straight up scary. It's also funny how people thought her net was a sub-par move when she was released; I think it's part of what makes her so good.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
mogwai i want to lane against you again.

i learn a lot when i do

also why would mf get ie first.
or at all? maybe late in game but then you could get black cleaver or bloodthirster instead cheaper, and you dont have to build towards crit

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
50 more auto-attack range and a passive that synergizes with the Crit Damage on IE while MF has a Q and ult that do significant damage and synergize best with straight AD. the real answer is that they should probably both get IE though.

mogwai i want to lane against you again.

i learn a lot when i do

also why would mf get ie first.
or at all? maybe late in game but then you could get black cleaver or bloodthirster instead cheaper, and you dont have to build towards crit
you can bug me for 1v1s whenever. I might not be in the mood sometimes, but I usually don't mind 1v1ing.

IE is just the best item for damage. Even without considering the extra returns from other crit, it will outperform BT/BC in terms of sheer damage output in a typical DPS build.

jpak

Smash Lord
Hi guys, I think the next topic of discussion should be Odincore's instant-lock Teemo.
Discuss your hopefully amazing experiences with his Teemo, and what you learned.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hi guys, I think the next topic of discussion should be Odincore's instant-lock Teemo.
Discuss your hopefully amazing experiences with his Teemo, and what you learned.
I didn't pick Teemo until Singed and Irelia (you) were locked in actually. Nice attempt at troll though.

jpak

Smash Lord
Tom, do you have any experiences with Odincore's Teemo that you could share with me?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
ok then

can we all agree mf outfarms ash mid game

just because of sheer damage output

if you buy bloodthirster by 16 mins and our stil laning, you can get a 100 attack damage item very very quickly

not very very but fast

cost is better than ie

if you have time to farm it, better than ie (i you dont die i know, but it should be situational anyways)

ashe has built in crit and doesnt have farm speed to make use of bloodthrister as a rush item imo

bloodthirster just works with the character. w/e situational ok ok

jpak

Smash Lord
Remember guys, when you see singed irelia nunu on your team, pick teemo.

Top Bottom