• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
She's like a more damaging, more frail Urgot... who also farms a lot better, meaning she'll have better late game presence compared to him.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's a noticeable nerf.

They did things the wrong way.

The issue with ryze was that for 900 gold he got an item which gave him the most scaling/damage possible.

So what would happen is that for the first 40 minutes of the game before everyone and their mother got death caps + 2-3 other high level AP items, Ryze was lolling at 1/7th of the price.

Now I guess he's early game scaling love (ala current pantheon who has only linear scaling just like ryze).

Would have been better if they made his q/w scale like Fiddle's new drain.
Lower mana levels gave less damage, while the more mana you would get, the higher the damage.
2% is only 80 damage a Q at 4000 mana, don't overexaggerate. The buff to his ult's spell vamp FAR overcompensates, because it lets him tank even more ****ing damage.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
How much ability power do you typically put on a mage to add 80 extra damage? Not to mention you don't just Q once, its more like 3-5.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
How much ability power do you typically put on a mage to add 80 extra damage? Not to mention you don't just Q once, its more like 3-5.
i agree completely. plus ur ult isnt terribly important. sure the spellvamp is nice, but id only use my ult to help with the cdr of his passive so i can throw another Q out. ur Q is where u get the majority of ur damage.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
She's like a more damaging, more frail Urgot... who also farms a lot better, meaning she'll have better late game presence compared to him.
cait doesnt farm better than urgot until midgame when she just clears entire waves with her q

urgot has easy last hitting laning

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i agree completely. plus ur ult isnt terribly important. sure the spellvamp is nice, but id only use my ult to help with the cdr of his passive so i can throw another Q out. ur Q is where u get the majority of ur damage.
So you don't use R for the incredible staying power and AoE damage?

-_-

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ryze wasn't nerfed that bad. Early game where he has 1000 or less mana, the difference is like 20 or less damage. Even if you did 3 Q's on someone early game, the damage difference would be around an auto attack. Late game it' can be 60+ per Q, but it's still not that bad.

While 60-80 damage taken off spells seems harsh, you have to remember that he can get a lot of that damage easier than casters. He doesn't have to get a Needlessly Large Rod and also have a nice AP ratio to get +60. I mean it's a 20% nerf to his scaling, but for scaling THAT good in the first place? Not that big of a deal overall. The spell vamp bonus isn't much either.

He's basically the same as he was before, but might take an extra Q to kill you late game or over time in lane will be doing a bit less damage than before. He can still QWEQ people, he can still harass strong in lane and be a ****** with tear/catalyst, etc.

If Riot really wanted to nerf him, they'd either:

1. Increase CD of Q/potentially other spells if his passive stays the same.

2. Nerf the passive. CDR for each spell used, with a low CD spell like Q available, can be ******** if you also have CDR of your own.

3. Have the scaling of his spells increase with rank instead of staying at a flat level regardless. Have Q start from 4% and work up to 8%. Have Snare go from 6% to 10%.

4. Have Q scale in mana cost.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i never really have to. the majority of my kills come from 1v1's since i usually solo mid. and if it's a team fight, i usually get stunned, focused, and i die. Lol.
I'm not exactly sure where the experience to say Ryze received a significant nerf comes from if you're not even attempting to play him properly in meaningful situations.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The nerf on his Q is annoying for not being that well thought out of a nerf/not being significant.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
zac i want to talk about that game more

i dont understand a lot of your calls in that game and im trying to figure out why we lost
it bothers me that we lost

i can chat in vent, add either account, idc. or even pm

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Discoveries of the Day:

-Irelia is still in a very good spot.

-Trundle beats Irelia solo top - she can sustain against him, but if they come to blows he will win, mostly due to his ult but also because of his Bite and the atk spd bonus from Contamination.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Don't 1v1 a Trundle... he's one of the strongest 1v1ers in the game. Also, Irelia is broke as hell, lol. Ridiculous CC reduction for free (at least Trundle has to be within an AoE that has a decent CD), true, magic and physical damage with a short CD 2 second stun... and one of the most imba heals (that does decent damage as well) on a really low CD.

EDIT: Ah, apparently when Loss Forgiven is in effect, you get less ELO per win than normal... no wonder I only got 8 for that ranked game >_>

Someone apparently got their hands on the nunubot sound clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0m8dqjNBgQ

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Alright.

Rumble is a mix between Sion and Mordekeiser.
Unlike Sion, who only has two 1:1 AP ratios (total: 2.0), Rumble's full spell combo is 7.0 ability power (assuming over heating). Oh.. sion has a stun.

He has high base defences and a spammable haste that comes with a shield.
He has pretty low cooldowns and no mana/health issues.

Oh, he's like morde?
yeah spam spam spam spam spam spam spam .
heuheuhehue #1 es brasil

jpak

Smash Lord
In other words, Shaya got ***** in lane by Rumble so he concludes he's op

jpak

Smash Lord
The truth comes after realizing that one or two normal games of doing well doesn't mean you'll do well in ranked!

Top Bottom