• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Can Soraka play bot lane aggressively? I'm having fun doing that while still denying kills so much.. to the point people start targeting me first in team fights LOL I also got a triple kill from starcall spam, I lol'd so much.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i'ma buy nunu because he's fun to play if i'm forced to be support, he's only 450 ip (which is less than i have now thanks to quints costing ****ing 2k, god runes are the stupidest ****)

all i do on him is buy a bunch of gold/5 items and wards. and then win, for some reason.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Can Soraka play bot lane aggressively? I'm having fun doing that while still denying kills so much.. to the point people start targeting me first in team fights LOL I also got a triple kill from starcall spam, I lol'd so much.
Depending on the champs you are against, but yeah of course you can.

If their support or even carry (the latter being unlikely) has no abilities with more range than your silence you can just smack them with it every time they move forward even a little too much.

This seems to be made even easier by maintaining bush control.

Silence then just throw out an auto attack and move away.

It's been working amazingly for me against certain rival supports like Lulu, Nunu, Leona, Taric and Blitz.

Although I feel like bush control/hiding behind minions is the key to beating Blitz.

voorhese

Smash Master
I saw some aggressive play with corki. Starfall makes his pbomb hit harder, and infuse lets him spam it. Then once he pushes up to their tower, your heals can mess up their cs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How the **** can I get good with Wukong? I bought him for RP back when he was on sale, but I rarely play him because I almost always suck *** with him.

Like this game, I jungled and was wayyy behind their jungle nocturne (who kept ganking our bot with his ult) and could never catch up. I built tanky for initiate but was mostly useless and we lost and stuff. Nevermind our troll bot lane who was a duo queue that did nothing but complain and feed and spam surrender every time it was up, I still didn't do very well.

The only good part of the game was when I had their whole team chasing me for like 2 minutes because of wonderful stop juking.

are there any specific guides/players you would recommend to watch for wukong?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Depending on the champs you are against, but yeah of course you can.

If their support or even carry (the latter being unlikely) has no abilities with more range than your silence you can just smack them with it every time they move forward even a little too much.

This seems to be made even easier by maintaining bush control.

Silence then just throw out an auto attack and move away.

It's been working amazingly for me against certain rival supports like Lulu, Nunu, Leona, Taric and Blitz.

Although I feel like bush control/hiding behind minions is the key to beating Blitz.
I saw some aggressive play with corki. Starfall makes his pbomb hit harder, and infuse lets him spam it. Then once he pushes up to their tower, your heals can mess up their cs.
These are what I love to do most. I feel like this makes Soraka fun compared to just the plain heal bot. I'm aggressively baiting with my heals as well. Go to river to ward to draw the bot lane to me, my bot and mid come in while I heal and don't die due to armor buffs, then they clean up after my starfall spam.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I was thinking the same, most do wukong solo top. He CAN jungle, he is just outclassed by so many other junglers there's just no reason to play him there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I thought Wukong was one of the champs that was kind of designed to jungle though @_@

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't know... I've always thought that for some reason from when I was newer... maybe I should blame Phreak?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I thought Wukong was one of the champs that was kind of designed to jungle though @_@
Well, my understanding is that he's actually ok at it, just there are so many better picks.

It's not really a troll pick, but why would you pick him when you inevitably have so many better options open?

Why would you think that? He has no sustain and his passive doesn't help him at all.
Stealth? Tons of burst damage? A nice gapcloser? A pretty fast jungle cleartime?

I'd say his major problem is he lacks and sort of cc that assists in ganking before level 6, if he did he'd probably be a lot more useful.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wukong has low base defensive stats because his passive is designed to give him a bunch of free stats in teamfights, and has no sustain. His clear time is decent and his ganks are decent with red, but he will never be able to keep up with good junglers.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
teamcomp was sona/ashe bot, irelia top, xerath mid. i figured wukong would make a nice pick for even more CC, and planned to make him tanky. like i said, i always thought he was a good jungler heh. His ganks are alright with red buff if you stealth up to them from the bush, but I never really got the chance to do that. I really need to work on my ganking when jungling, I usually just try to farm because I'm kind of passive when it comes to this game.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I just got a guy who claimed he only played cho as last pick. He didn't have anywhere for cho to go. Last picks him anyways.

I read your blog mogwai, and I know its true but man...

This **** is depressing. I'm almost back to 1200.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
teamcomp was sona/ashe bot, irelia top, xerath mid. i figured wukong would make a nice pick for even more CC, and planned to make him tanky. like i said, i always thought he was a good jungler heh. His ganks are alright with red buff if you stealth up to them from the bush, but I never really got the chance to do that. I really need to work on my ganking when jungling, I usually just try to farm because I'm kind of passive when it comes to this game.
If you're like that you should really pick a farmy jungler, a lot of junglers need ganks to snowball and if you can't provide that you end up falling off really quickly.

A fair number also a fair number just fall off naturally at endgame so you need to milk them for all their worth in the laning phase. ESPECIALLY SHACO.

Wukong has low base defensive stats because his passive is designed to give him a bunch of free stats in teamfights, and has no sustain. His clear time is decent and his ganks are decent with red, but he will never be able to keep up with good junglers.
True enough, but he's not bad enough to be a real troll pick like say annie imo.

I just got a guy who claimed he only played cho as last pick. He didn't have anywhere for cho to go. Last picks him anyways.

I read your blog mogwai, and I know its true but man...

This **** is depressing. I'm almost back to 1200.
How do you not have a place for cho? Like, he can do almost anything.

Turazrok

Smash Master
He said he'd top jungle or mid.

So he had to support.

But he was an all around bad player.

I went 9-3-3 for the majority of the game as lee sin jangling but lol these solo queue players.

"why dont you play someone besides cho?"

"3 roles is enough"

XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
does he realize cho can be banned (assuming draft) or someone else could pick him first? xD

also @ adum that's why I haven't tried shaco haha. time to figure out who the "farmy" junglers are >_>

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23796160#23796160

nidalee, brand, udyr, hecarim all ones I need to try out :D

why is hecarim already free? O_o

also why not just make ashe/ryze/garen free to own since they're always free anyway (at least ashe and sometimes ryze are) and they were in the tutorial i played for my first game >=(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Cho will almost never be banned lol.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Played my first ranked 5s game with my friends and we won, but we had a rocky early game but our team comp was leaned more towards team fights so we started winning those, and eventually we got baron after one and pushed to their base then took two inhibs. Then we got another baron later and won with that.

Kira-

Smash Champion
For all of you theorycrafters out there,

What would you say is the most optimal item build on Nocturne?

So far I've been going

Wriggles
Mercs
Phage
Giants Belt
Wits End / Frozen Mallet
GA

Obviously this is situational. Like one game the enemy top/mid/jungle were all AP, so I got wits end before phage and got hexdrinker. But yeah

Key things to note:

- Noc benefits greatly from wriggles, should you delay this for HoG? Or get a late HoG? Or get madreds, then HoG, then finish wriggles? Or are boots 2 more important?

- Noc is melee, he will definitely need durability (aka armor/MR/HP)

- Scales well off atkspd, has built in atk dmg from his Q

- As a jungler, farm will be harder to come by

other items I was considering:

- aegis
- last whisper
- atmas
- randuins
- brutalizer
- Negatron cloak
- frozen heart

Theorycraft away!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Even though I'm level 30 now, I don't know if I ever want to start ranked.

for the record, it took from like february to late april to hit 30 for me, and I play like everyday o_O

Turazrok

Smash Master
Even though I'm level 30 now, I don't know if I ever want to start ranked.

for the record, it took from like february to late april to hit 30 for me, and I play like everyday o_O
Don't do it.

I didnt and I always thought john was lame.

I started and I'm slowly becoming john.

It's a sad process to watch as one wastes away from 1500-1200
no johns.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lulu support can't carry bot lane like Soraka support :[ (We even trade 2 for 1 in the first skirmish, though i got the 2 kills, still lost lane cause my lane partner was.. bad)

I'm kinda tempted to not try rank till i get a lot of normal wins... so i can steamroll my placement games

Top Bottom