• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Question: For solo-top, is Shyvana's main goal to push the creep wave to the enemy turret and steal farm during the downtime?

I figure I might as well as stick to my main jungle bruisers for solo top roles so I'm thinking Udyr/Shyv would be my best picks.

I've got 5 Rune Pages dedicated to 12 Junglers. Most of them fit in the atk speed red/armor yellow/mr per blues/MS quints. Maokai gets his own page for AP quints. Nocturne, Trundle, and Warwick get their own page for armor penetration. Shyvana and Lee Sin get their own for strength quints. And finally Amumu, Malphite, and Rammus get their own for armor-based page.

Gotta' figure out how I'm going to condense my Mastery pages. I refuse to buy extra rune pages past 10 at the moment. Skins > extra rune pages.

I think this weekend I'll actually start Ranked. Meh. Maybe not. We'll see.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
On blue team, should I be warding bot tribush if our first tower is still there and I have river warded?

Omni

BRoomer
No. Ward wraiths instead.

Edit: If you're afraid of enemy jungler attacking from tri-bush then ask your jungler to ward their wraiths. This is especially common with junglers that invade constantly, but any jungler can simply waltz through the enemy wraith camp to gank the tri-bush. The ward in the river only covers the dragon road.

Double Edit: Warding wraiths does not mean you have to place a ward at the wraiths. Placing a ward at the entrance of your wraiths on ramp is normally good enough. But if mid loses their mid tower then have the ward inside your jungle past the ramp.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Shyvana top is basically push creep wave > counter jungle golems/red buff/wraiths or wolves/blue buff

Usually warding their jungle and coordinating with your jungler to counter jungle together and prehaps ganking the enemy jungler going to get his buff

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I don't see why you wouldn't... the buff he got was pretty good.
Yea, that's true, Teemo OP.

Hmm I always wanted to try Mallet on him since I love that item on just about everyone else I play lol.
That build is a top lane build btw, not a bot lane build. I basically look at Grave's kit and see a bruiser with 525 Attack Range, so I just say **** it, take him top and cap people in the face with my shawtgun and make myself really hard to kill with the bull**** passive. If you're bot lane, you should be getting reds later in the game, so don't waste time with Mallet.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Just read the patch notes. A lot of these sound really, really stupid. Why are they nerfing Doran's items?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Uhh... you do realize doran items gave too much stats for the price. They were the most cost efficient items in the game. Since going to 6 items is rare, dorans stays in most people inventory for the entire duration of the game. Investing 950 for 200 healths, 20 AD and 6% life steal is absurd. 200 health = 475 (same price as a ruby crystal), 20 ad = 2 long swords (415x2=930) and 6% life steal is 1/2 a vamp scepter (so 225). This patch is one of the better. Fixed a tons of bugs, did a lot of balancing issues, it's a great patch.

Omni

BRoomer
Most likely want more aggressive play.

Doran items are very cheap, sufficient ways of gaining the upperhand over your opponent. Since they don't build into anything they are mainly used for early game sustain and keeping an early game advantage. Same with Vamp Sceptor. The early game items were way too good.

Omni

BRoomer
Won't this experience change make jungle camping top even more problematic?
Yep.

I think it'll also mean that bot lanes will have a slight buff trying to carry teams in solo-queue. You shouldn't fall off as hard against mid and top if one of those lanes happen to get facerolled if you're doing the same amount of facerolling on your side.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well then color me wrong, I guess. Just seems like a lot of changes in a lot of odd places, which make little sense to me.

Omni

BRoomer
Well then color me wrong, I guess. Just seems like a lot of changes in a lot of odd places, which make little sense to me.
It's an aggressive patch change.

Nerfing doran items. Nerfing MR and AD armor runes.
Buffing AD and AP runes.

My take is that Riot is trying to make early game aggression stronger. Most games at high levels are simply won by farming well and staying safe. With the doran items, if you got a kill and bought one or two blades you could never be forced out of your lane that well. The opposing lane has no desire to attack you because they don't have that doran item and it becomes a very passive-aggressive lane with a very small yet noticeable snowball effect.

That's my take on it. I like it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so I'm thinking I'm going to try Sorc Shoes -> brutalizer -> triforce Kayle today.

I mean. it, in my head, sounds like I'm benefiting from all 3 items as far as my offense goes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Eh, it's mostly bug fixes and slight balance tweaks.

Doran's, Wit's, Atma's were all too cost effective. These nerf will probably have noticeable consequences to top lane viability, but that doesn't really matter. Bull**** is bull****, regardless of context, and the items were just straight up giving too much stats. Certain characters will need buffs to compensate, but that's fine, it's all part of the balance process.

Omni

BRoomer
Does the EXP change make the 2 top, 1, mid, 2 bot metagame more viable?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I doubt it, you lose buff and objective control still.

Omni

BRoomer
I doubt it, you lose buff and objective control still.
- Top lane bruisers take wraiths, red buff. Both come into top lane at LVL 2 maybe?
- Bot leashes blue for mid lane AP carry?
- Keep track of objective timing?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
How is that even possible? LOL. That Shen should have lost to nothing.
That shen still lost to WW, Irelia and Udyr, but there's no shame in that tbh.

Anyway, it happened because I'm legitimately very good at top lane and it's not a good lane for dphat. Really no shame on him for it, I just don't get why he's so insistent on getting bodied in my best lane with his worst lane, :laugh:.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Not a single nerf to Will of the Ancients, therefore this patch is bad. I feel like this is a bandage patch and the next one will be very soon, with much bigger changes. AD changes seem somewhat big though. Will probably convince more bruisers to build resistance over damage.

Top Bottom