• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Did I mention that being a beefy Volibear in the middle of their team with ult and Surge activated is so satisfying? Oh man.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Okay so I played my first real game with Kayle top lane yesterday against some rammus (which was probably the easiest matchup in the world)

but I still don't get the full point of Kayle. like am I supposed to adopt the teemo build or more of a AD carry build

yesterday I built Malady -> brutalizer -> madreds -> BV with zerker greaves and it didn't seem too bad (I mean I got a triple kill somewhere in that game)

but I still feel like thats not maximizing my damage output or that I'm doing enough damage to warrant being so squishy. Kayle is fun as hell tho. the sound you make when you hit with E activated makes her seem like shes doing leet deeps.

oh and Tiamat kayle?...thoughts?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No on tiamat kayle.

Kayle has great base damage on her E coupled with the passive, you'll notice how much you wreck squishie *****es if you get sorc boots.

I build her ranged ad-ish deeps usually but you can almost build her however the **** you want. She has above average earlyish-mid game and really goes to business lateeeeeeeeeeee game; so I would suggest otherwise from building low tier items.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you think about it, it's generally giving the entire team an extra 900-1200ish gold over the course of a game. Personally though Janna's and Zilean's are quite a lot better imo....
But yeah... most character's have passives that gives 1000+ gold in stats for yourself... TF's is pretty icky. Imagine if his passive was "each last hit gives TF x gold" (e.g. 6 or 7?) [pretty OP, errr 4 or maybe 5] how much more it would mean to him, haha.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wouldn't Ashe and GP also benefit from TF's passive?

Edit: I think increasing it by 1 would make it strong. Increasing it by 2 would make it close to OP.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
If you think about it, it's generally giving the entire team an extra 900-1200ish gold over the course of a game. Personally though Janna's and Zilean's are quite a lot better imo....
But yeah... most character's have passives that gives 1000+ gold in stats for yourself... TF's is pretty icky. Imagine if his passive was "each last hit gives TF x gold" (e.g. 6 or 7?) [pretty OP, errr 4 or maybe 5] how much more it would mean to him, haha.
You do realize each minion gives ~ 20 gold, so TF passive makes every 10 minion last hit = ~ 11. It's not a bad passive. Makes junglers life alot easier due to the relatively low gold count most of the small creeps give (each small wolves basically increase in value by 50%). Not saying it's great, but it's certainly not bad.

Omni

BRoomer
Apparently Mundo, Shyvana, and Sona can LVL 1 Dragon.

Shyvana may have been LVL 2.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Apparently Mundo, Shyvana, and Sona can LVL 1 Dragon.

Shyvana may have been LVL 2.
I can see Mundo easy, Shyvana makes sense, but Sona?

Also I'd think they'd be level 3 regardless of their level 1 ability. Dragon doesn't spawn till 2:30 so a jungler can do red and blue and be level 3 when it spawns. I suppose for Sona you would be letting the AD solo for a bit while your support gets dragon which sounds amazing.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You do realize each minion gives ~ 20 gold, so TF passive makes every 10 minion last hit = ~ 11. It's not a bad passive. Makes junglers life alot easier due to the relatively low gold count most of the small creeps give (each small wolves basically increase in value by 50%). Not saying it's great, but it's certainly not bad.
I didn't say it was bad. I was more echoing mogwai saying you feel bad as TF but great playing as anyone on his team.

Which hell, you pretty much did the same thing too ;)

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I don't even think it's that bad as TF, especially since his farming is so easy in lane. Imagine him having a bad AA animation then I would truly feel bad, but with pick a card and wild card his farming is so easy that he can actually use his passive in an effective manner.

Omni

BRoomer
I can see Mundo easy, Shyvana makes sense, but Sona?

Also I'd think they'd be level 3 regardless of their level 1 ability. Dragon doesn't spawn till 2:30 so a jungler can do red and blue and be level 3 when it spawns. I suppose for Sona you would be letting the AD solo for a bit while your support gets dragon which sounds amazing.
Janna, not Sona. Janna had Blue Buff. Gave Janna shield to Mundo and Shyvana.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
That makes a LOT more sense. xD

Still shocks me that Mundo can get 2000 hp/5 during his ult, if not more with a different build.

That is shocking.

Niko45

Smash Master
Quick question about playing AD carries. I play mostly graves but I've been playing other carries recently too and I had read somewhere that your first major item should be an IE but I've found that kinda frustrating because once I complete IE its right about when laning is done or finishing up and my CS starts to drop off cause I just don't have the mobility to pick up farm in random lanes or catch up to skirmishes that break out in other lanes etc.

So because of this I've been getting PD first and I'm finding my results are just way better my CS doesn't fall off after laning (WAY quicker getting IE after PD then getting PD after IE). I'm not noticing myself doing no damage or anything in the interim where I have PD and no IE. Any thoughts on this? It just seems clearly better to me but it could be champ dependent I guess.

Niko45

Smash Master
It's cause I feel really really slow once towers start falling. That totally makes sense tho. Although, PD with a BF sword is only like 600 more expensive than an IE. That's pretty strong pretty fast. Q and R also don't crit so IE isn't as boss there either, at least not without PD.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The reason you usually want IE first is because an ADs auto attacks don't really become a big threat until the IE+PD combo. With just IE you aren't attacking fast enough and with PD you aren't hitting for enough damage. The difference is IE will scale up your AD skills. I would at least get a BF sword before making a PD.

Omni

BRoomer
For Graves, I normally rush BF. He's more about how much damage he can put on in a shorter period of time so atk speed comes second. The atk speed buff to his dash in compliments this well.

Edit: Massive ninja spree.

Top Bottom