• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well ****ing yeah nerf Sona, when it comes along with the rest of her kit

This is Sona after the general changes and nerfs and removal of Locket and she's still flerpity derpity

I don't understand how nerfing Irelia ult range would be the step to go. How about, idk cutting down her sustain? No reason for her to snowball sustain so damn hard, it's already boring enough watching people go Wriggles top lane.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Actually, I hope these changes are real now, because Akali would be able to reasonably go mid again!
-DD

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's only 100 on her ult range, not significant at all. They are just doing a wrist slap nerf to see if qq stops.
Riot: Hey guys Sona is easily the best support! So instead we are making soraka useless.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vayne dominating the game on arrival?

Release a new teemo skin

Player-3

Smash Hero
those patch notes aren't real.

the shen changes don't include some of the things highlighted in the spotlight, and riot is very very careful about releasing info they aren't sure is going to be released.

although those yi buffs would make me cream a bit

MacD

Banned via Administration
those patch notes aren't real.

the shen changes don't include some of the things highlighted in the spotlight, and riot is very very careful about releasing info they aren't sure is going to be released.

although those yi buffs would make me cream a bit
that was the one thing i was wondering about

except it was with karthus's passive. they said they were gonna make him do less damage while in it

Frolossus

Smash Lord
for you upper elo kids, has anyone played with scarra or tiensinoakuma's katarina that can tell me the difference between them and almost every other kat player out there?

like what do they do different that everyone else seems to be missing?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd guess the biggest difference is when they pick Kat and when they pick a generally better champ.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Kat's place is basically reserved for a last pick role when both your team comp and the other team's comp calls for it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Mogwai, how the **** do you do Pantheon vs GP. =/

edit: actually looking in hindsight I think i was actually playing it decently. Just didn't get early enough wards up and got ganked by maoki a couple of times.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
> Have passive shield up
> Q pirate until he qs you
> Jump on him with stun
> Continue to q and auto attack
> Repeat and win the lane bar hard *** ****ing camping from a jungler

Oh yeah, start boots.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
for you upper elo kids, has anyone played with scarra or tiensinoakuma's katarina that can tell me the difference between them and almost every other kat player out there?

like what do they do different that everyone else seems to be missing?
I've played with tien's katarina many times, and I've only played with scarra once or twice. Tien katarina was very interesting, instead of harassing with shunpo, he would instead use it as an defensive tool unless he can guarantee the kill with it. It's pretty amazing watching him run circles around morgana's and such.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it's not even about stop jukes for me. it's about getting ahead in lane and then just stopping between last hits until I'm sure they're convinced it's not my decoy, then decoying -> EQ, GET *****. I mean, ffs, I like playing Xin Zhao and Pantheon, so I obviously don't care if my character is just targetted jump + bash them in the face.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This patch... broke the **** out of Yi.

And so many AP nerfs.

http://pastebin.com/a676QfvT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

Changes on soraka openly contradict the patch preview. Very very fake.
Anyone care to explain why MF is suddenly making a comeback?
REALLY good laning phase and a meta based around taking early advantage and snowballing.

Franly I'm surprised we're not seeing LB more, but that's probably cause she gets shut down even early game by characters that push for free.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I like how you stop-juked my whole team under your double turrets. They bursted you down to 1/5 health then just backed off. Zzz.
ROFL, the CD wasn't even close to up there, that was the funniest part.

that game was so depressing though. ****ing kat mid and support kayle, and yet I'm the one who's getting *****ed at, despite still staying relatively even in CS while getting no ganks from my jungler while getting moderately frequent ganks from Xin when I'm already CPed in lane... really hate this community sometimes.

oh and I swear to god, verbatim quote from our Kayle, "wow, how do you get FBed by Xin?" Like, are you ****ting me? Xin is S-tier pre-6 ganker. He's on par with ****ing Shaco and Pantheon in terms of low level ganks, how is it surprising that he's able to body a Melee with literally no way to play safe and still get CS in lane?

Also, in a different game last night, I had my FP say "<INSERT LAST PICK'S NAME HERE>, gg, I'm going to random jungle, good luck carrying guys." So I assume he's just raging and that w/e, when people are actually faced with whether they want to flush elo down the toilet because they're mad or whether they'd like to try for a win, they'll actually try. So I'm 2nd pick and we're picking at the same time and skarnar's up, so I ask if anyone wants skarnar or if I should play him, everyone says I should just play him so I lock in skarnar before first pick has done anything, but he still goes random and still takes smite on Morg. Then 4th pick decides the answer is to have a 3rd smite on our team with Evelyn. So obviously we get in game and lose in like 13 minutes or something, but the whole time the Morg is talking about how me and eve are the ones who need to be reported. Like, wtf? Report the first picked jungle skarnar for trolling by taking jungle from some raging douchebag who fancies himself as the next saintvicious. Uhg, so stupid.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yeah, but if you just save ur mid for counterpick, she could be ****** hard right now
top lane is the most important lane to CP. Last pick is completely OP because every other role is much easier to make safe picks in, while everyone has hard counters top and a counter at top is the most brutal because giving extra jungle attention to make up for a bad matchup top will cost your team early dragons.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
On an unrelated note, I have some time now, any good players wanna help whip my noob *** into shape?

I'm a support main, but probably gonna become a solo top main post this patch.

Coney

Smash Master
top lane is the most important lane to CP. Last pick is completely OP because every other role is much easier to make safe picks in, while everyone has hard counters top and a counter at top is the most brutal because giving extra jungle attention to make up for a bad matchup top will cost your team early dragons.
That, and it honestly feels like top lane is the most unstable. If you fall behind at mid, you can still probably come back with smart plays and engages because you're typically dealing with skillshots and spells. At top, if you get fb'd or jungle camped for a bit and fall behind in farm...it's generally a LOT harder to come back from, in my experience.

Like, if you're behind at mid, you can at least usually use spells from decent range to farm. At bot, you can obviously just rely on your support and play extra safe. But top, if you're both melee...like, damn. Hate that feeling.

Last night for instance, I was Riven and I was fighting a Wukong. I find that matchup STUPID easy, except the enemy had a Xin and they were purple. So after I knew he got red buff and was coming top, I had to cut myself off from farm for a bit and fell way behind, and Wukong won the lane after that ~20 farm. I guess I should ask you guys, what could I have done there? Xin with red makes it really hard to just hophophop away, and Wukong had ignite.

voorhese

Smash Master
makes sense. Thx for the info.

Top Bottom