• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I haven't had much experience with jungle Voli but every time I play him in the jungle I don't bring home enough bread to feed the little polar bear cubs and I end up running around all game with wriggles boots and a HoG.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@pX: Allied made a post about missing people from Texas and listed dPhat as one of the cool people

So I said "Damn, if dphat is one of the coolest kids in texas than texas really does blow"

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
@pX: Allied made a post about missing people from Texas and listed dPhat as one of the cool people

So I said "Damn, if dphat is one of the coolest kids in texas than texas really does blow"
Have you ever met Dphat in person?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Have you ever met Dphat in person?
The facebook comment was meant COMPLETELY SERIOUSLY as me and dphat have had SO MUCH SOCIAL INTERACTION OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD.

I didn't think a joke was THAT opaque over the internet.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dphat is the actual 7th Wonder of the World. Everyone should meet him before they die.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Thanks for the game whoever I played with. I learned a fair bit and I'm glad we could win despite how far behind I was early.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Q range huge

Q base damage and scaling strong

Q energy cost and CD ranked up is very good

Full spell Vamp on Q

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well I mean... theoretically in a grouped up teamfight if Volibear attacks once per second after popping his ult, the base damage on it is 7440 at rank 3 (12 attacks*155 damage*4 people hit), with damage going up with AS.

That's pretty intense.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Dphat too unlucky

apparently if lee sin ults riven as she pops her ult, you're unable to cast any spells as her for the rest of the game.

MacD

Banned via Administration
man, new vlad is sooo dumb. need to make sure everyone starts banning him in ranked

i went malz vs one. laning was fine and dandy, i rush wota to have constant sustain back which worked fine enough in lane, till he decided after his hextech, he should go qss. boots 1, revolver, and qss in lane so sad.

is there any one person good vs him/a good team comp sans cc up the *** (team comp wise our problem was CC imo, nid/noc/soraka/trist doesn't exactly do much to cc anyone)

so i just reread the patch notes, is it really just the tides of blood/Q buff that make him seem stupid?? Q is the same after 9. and pool not taking 15% of his current health doesn't seem like it'd be the end all break all buff. hell, he even lost .4 health per AP

i don't even understand.

tl;dr screw vlad, old or new

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
CD change to Q early level is noticeable. The less CD he has on that, the less time he has to flail around helplessly.

Everything else is fine, but buffing it all together gives you more return than each thing at a time. More Q's for more health that you don't have to waste on Tides anymore, which means spamming that for more damage and sustain.

So yeah it compounds on itself.

MacD

stupid vlad

man, sometimes/days i am so excited about this game and just wanna spam games and practice stuff

and sometimes it's just like why do i even waste my time on this game

stupid multiplayer games when you don't have a full team

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Does Azen still play?

Edit: I have a question about turrets.

Say that I am at my turret and an incoming creep wave arrives. My creeps are gone. I last hit a minion before the turret shoots it. Is there a factor that determines which creep will be targeted next? Or does the turret shoot at random if there are a bunch of creeps huddled around it attacking? And does the turret change priority if a minion is attacking another minion near the turret?

Lovage

Smash Hero
man, new vlad is sooo dumb. need to make sure everyone starts banning him in ranked

i went malz vs one. laning was fine and dandy, i rush wota to have constant sustain back which worked fine enough in lane, till he decided after his hextech, he should go qss. boots 1, revolver, and qss in lane so sad.

is there any one person good vs him/a good team comp sans cc up the *** (team comp wise our problem was CC imo, nid/noc/soraka/trist doesn't exactly do much to cc anyone)

so i just reread the patch notes, is it really just the tides of blood/Q buff that make him seem stupid?? Q is the same after 9. and pool not taking 15% of his current health doesn't seem like it'd be the end all break all buff. hell, he even lost .4 health per AP

i don't even understand.

LMAO new vlad is so dumb, and i can say that having played vlad for hella long (especially when he sucked)

they didn't realize how huge the buff on his E and ult were, not to mention how insanely well his new E scales with heal
Does Azen still play?

Say that I am at my turret and an incoming creep wave arrives. My creeps are gone. I last hit a minion before the turret shoots it. Is there a factor that determines which creep will be targeted next? Or does the turret shoot at random if there are a bunch of creeps huddled around it attacking? And does the turret change priority if a minion is attacking another minion near the turret?
i'm not exactly sure, but there's definitely patterns to it cuz i'm able to predict what minions are gonna get targeted the majority of the time

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

i don't even understand.

*shrug* I still don't find it terribly hard to crush Vlad in lane (pre-7 + revolver that is, but still, it feels really easy to get far enough ahead that it doesn't even matter at that point). The buffs were significant, but it still seems like every vlad arrives on lane with base resists and boots first so I find it pretty easy to just burst him from 100% -> 0, but that might just be the characters I play.

Does Azen still play?

Haven't seen Azen on in a bit, but he's really streaky about when he plays LoL in my experience. Like, I won't see him on for 2 weeks and then the next week he'll go +100 games o_O.

Turret targeting is weird, it roughly moves counter-clockwise, but it doesn't feel 100% deterministic to me. I have a decent feel for where turrets are going to shift their agro, but I still guess wrong a decent amount.

MacD

*shrug* I still don't find it terribly hard to crush Vlad in lane (pre-7 + revolver that is, but still, it feels really easy to get far enough ahead that it doesn't even matter at that point). The buffs were significant, but it still seems like every vlad arrives on lane with base resists and boots first so I find it pretty easy to just burst him from 100% -> 0, but that might just be the characters I play.
so time to pick up pantheon? lol

i guess i just need to find a champ that can go toe to toe with him early if he goes mid

or stick to bot lane and hope my team doesn't fail. which reminds me this AP janna destroyed a vlad once, i was really shocked

EDIT: and it's vlad free week???? guess who i'm perma banning in ranked

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
so time to pick up pantheon? lol

i guess i just need to find a champ that can go toe to toe with him early if he goes mid

or stick to bot lane and hope my team doesn't fail. which reminds me this AP janna destroyed a vlad once, i was really shocked

EDIT: and it's vlad free week???? guess who i'm perma banning in ranked
Honestly I like Jarman vs. Vlad even more than Pantheon vs. Vlad. I think GP is stupid strong vs. Vlad too.

john!

Smash Hero
ap janna mid is one of the league's Ultra Hidden Secrets

also i hope everyone plays vlad this week so that he reaches permaban status :awesome: maybe then riot will learn their lesson and never buff heroes with broken kits

Vyke

Smash Champion
Doublelift had an AP Janna kick there for awhile, was fun to watch. I always want to give it a shot, but I always forget about it for some reason. Seems fun.

Also you're in danger PX, for Hotshot has discovered your top lane Voli. You're losing CREDIBILITY!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
You guys have any tips on playing Xerath?

I bought him yesterday finally, tried him out in a normal and got ***** once the laning phase was over.

I didn't take a single point of damage until 15-20 mins in.

I was playing him like Brand and it just doesn't work. :p

Top Bottom