• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
At 8:30 on a Sunday morning, no less. 90% of American league playing population is asleep right now.

It's amazing, really.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Guess no one likes sleeping. I had to get up to leave for a soccer game in 30 minutes, lol. I'll have to watch the replay of TSM vs M5 if people say it is worthwhile.

EDIt: M5 showing mad respect for TSM by not counterjungling... though they also don't have GP available to them so that might have something to do with it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
120k viewers.

Exciting game, but looks like M5 is slowly pulling away with it. TSM got counterpicked in a few lanes, and M5 teamcomp is better (a lot of front line for Kog). Lee Sin makes Skarner much weaker b/c of AS debuff, and Galio is great choice vs Cass.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
120k viewers.

Exciting game, but looks like M5 is slowly pulling away with it. TSM got counterpicked in a few lanes, and M5 teamcomp is better (a lot of front line for Kog). Lee Sin makes Skarner much weaker b/c of AS debuff, and Galio is great choice vs Cass.
More like they got outplayed everywhere lol

rainman/oddone pulling team down yet again

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I really don't get why they picked Irelia and not some crazy auto-farmer top.
It's like as the casters say, they completely forgot what happened the first game.
o_o;;
-DD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I didn't know Shyvanna vs Irelia... was like that. Eww

Shyvanna 2 v 1 vs Skarner and Graves AND nearly killing both of them while still living was crazy. I mean she was getting fed at that point and free reign over those wolves, but ****.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah... why pick a bad early game champ who RainMan doesn't play against Shyvana. TBH Teemo would do great against her because if she isn't autoing she loses a ton of damage.

:phone:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah... why pick a bad early game champ who RainMan doesn't play against Shyvana. TBH Teemo would do great against her because if she isn't autoing she loses a ton of damage.

Plus throwing shrooms into all those brushes to keep an eye on her when she goes to invade the jungle.
-DD

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Too manyy spoilerssss wtf.

MacD

Banned via Administration
^^^^

that's why i'm not really reading the thread

i just hope they do a restream or i guess i can just wait forever for things to get uploaded :/

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Doesn't look like they're going to though.
They usually play it back to back, don't they?
-DD

MacD

they might not be able to restream if the event is over and they had to pack up and leave. because that's probably what happened

so sad :/

and i'm scared to go looking to see if there is an answer to that question because i don't want to be spoiled

Player-3

Smash Hero
The Rain Man real bad/ball dropper. Outlaned pretty much every time (couldn't even clinch a big lead with a free early kill).
rain man isn't bad, he's solid but he isn't as good as other top level top lanes

don't hate on him, he's still very very good it's just other people are better than him

BUT TSM ARE BROS AND BROS DONT DITCH BROS

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He was playing solo queue in a tournament setting. AFK farm and push top doesn't help your team. Not only that, he wasted his chance to counterpick from having last pick and actually counterpicked himself.

And then didn't ward tri top lane to know when Shyv was invading. He misplayed pretty hard from champ select. First game was excusable probably due to inexperience.

EDIT: Thought you were joking about the losing, jpak!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
regi picking karthus game 3 was a terrible decision imo, i felt like even if shyvana was caught in the jungle, regi didnt have the damage or utility to stop him

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What caster specifically would, that's also safe enough to not get CP hard, that's also great at team fighting? I mean at a certain point there's not much more you can do in that spot besides warding more or coordinating more than 1 person to go and stop it.

MacD

BRAND!!

but yea, i can't believe rainman wanted irelia 3rd game. i wouldn't know what would be good, but i thought it was obvious after first game that irelia wasn't going to cut it vs shyv

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
brand was the first that came to mind, morg is a safe pick as well, tf can push lanes just as well as morde while keeping full map control

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Riven, Lee Sin top, Udyr, Rumble, Kennen, TEEMO, Yorick would have all been great choices (especially this since apparently Yorick ult overrides Morde ult). Anyone with a strong early game and AoE clearing, really.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We're talking about mid Juan. Are you still talking about top

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
WHEEEEEE

Dang just cause I don't play the game much anymore, DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T LAST HIT AND FARM TOP

You KNOW my national past time is that

Day night

Rain Snow CPU melting Dog Farting

Team dying Baron Stolen

DMG still top farming that wave.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That was 1 WEEK

And mostly cause Andy wanted to top instead of Jungle

And I don't do that cause Mid is gay