• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I don't think Rainman is bad exactly, but he is like a lot of my friends who play league. Technically speaking he is a fine player, but he seems to be prone to mistakes too easily.

If he wants to just afk farm and push top all day he needs to play a champ that actually WANTS to be doing that all game. That's why Teemo works so well with him, and honestly Teemo's dominance top lane and real power in coordinated games (I do think he is very lacking in solo que) makes it work. You either devote WAY too many resources to stopping Teemo, or you let him **** his lane and hope you can stop the rest of his team. Their first game against SK was a great example of that strategy. I don't know how M5 would have played that game, but TSM needs to at least play to their team's strengths when they are picking/banning. If they can't give Rainman an afk lane that he can just poop on then he needs to just listen to his team's calls and not just do nothing all game.

And like people said already, Teemo's map control could shut down M5's control in their own jungle.
I feel like that game was easily winnable for TSM if they just played it smarter from the very start.
Ah well. Really looking forward to seeing CLG NA and CLG EU being put into the competition. I think if M5 keeps this momentum going we will definitely have a great group of teams to beat between both CLG's, TSM, and M5. Would also like to see Dignitas and Curse get their stuff together with the new lineups.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Had a game where I was jungling as Udyr and our worst performing/feeding player (Caitlin) KS'd me almost everytime early game. It was literally myself, ap mid (Morgie), and solo top (Malphite) carrying the team and the game prolonged way longer than it needed. Ended up being 12/4/15 or some craziness at the hour mark.

Is Skarner really better than Udyr? Udyr feels so amazing. If Skarner is like Udyr I would imagine the biggest pro he has over Udyr is his R pull for team initiation. Any notes?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah Reginalds gripes seem pretty legit of you ask me.

Got Level 30 today!

Went flat AP Brand in my 1st game.

Started with 56 AP including dorans.

Was taking 2 bars off Irelia at the start.

She was terrified of me :D

Vyke

Smash Champion
If anyone watched Saint on a regularly basis they'd know he was spouting stuff out of his mouth. That's just Saint; he don't care.

But damn if he won't voice his opinion. Unafraid to make those calls.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
If anyone watched Saint on a regularly basis they'd know he was spouting stuff out of his mouth. That's just Saint; he don't care.

But damn if he won't voice his opinion. Unafraid to make those calls.
Just because that's his attitude doesn't mean he can't come off in a ****ish and egotistical manner. Doesn't really excuse it...to me at least.

I'm not saying Reginald was right to make a post about it, just that if anyone is considered "in the wrong," it's probably saint.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Saint already addressed the issue in his AMA on Reddit. He didn't really mean anything personal by it.

ClgSaint said:
Regi took what I said on a personal level. Nothing I ever say will ever be made on a personal level. I think Regi is one of the best ap carries in the world and I think tsm is a good team. However every pro team knows other teams strengths and weaknesses. Clg has many just like any other team.

I don't think shyvana is ban worthy if you have an answer for her. Tsm did not ban shyvana because they thought they had an answer for her but instead did not pick anything to deal with her. They 5th picked irelia after they even saw game 1 how irelia did game 1.

One of the ways to deal with m5 from just the jungles stand point is to ban lee sin and pick shaco or riven jungle. There is a huge list of things you can do but that is a small Bit I it. TSM in the past tried this exact same strategy vs clg in many scrims and it worked at first but we figured t out an dealt with it accordingly after a game or two.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The Void in general is kind of... you know... world-consuming.

So after PX went Volibear top I decided to give it a shot. Man, does it feel crazy strong. Idk why but I feel his autos hit for a buttload and his passive grants pretty easily won lanes if you take advantage of it.

I lost that game, but I'd love to experiment with it more.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
His autos don't hit for much AD wise, but with his ult and W and AS you can put out some crazy damage (and his Q base AD isn't bad either). Coupled with his passive it makes it hard to out fight him top lane early game if he can go all in on you.

@Thio ... what did that whole comment read? It's incomplete :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well... when Voli came out I was initially banning him because every time someone took him top there would be complete and utter rapage.

I just assumed people "figured him out", but it's more likely that he's still an uber strong top, just was a noticeably worse everything else.

I'm still surprised you don't see Olaf top more often.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Olaf has a pretty weak early game, that's why they don't take him. A lot of people can murderize him.

I think the reason people didn't like Voli top was b/c he had no escape, he was all in. Now he has that 15% flat MS bonus which is pretty nice to avoid ganks and stuff. Once he goes in at early levels there are few champs that can match up to him in my experience.

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
What do you run on Voli for reds? I've been messing around with flat AD, attack speed, and arpen and I'm liking attack speed the best so far.

I've also been running 0/21/9 for masteries but I haven't been messing around with them much so I would like to hear what others think about them.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I do AS reds now, and MS quints.

9-21-0 for top lane (in the armor pen to maximize his W execute damage) and in jungle 0-21-9. Still messing around with builds. Ionic spark is pretty much made for him, but it sets you back from stuff that makes you more useful to your team (like Randuins or FH or Warmog's or something).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, I say if your team is winning go ahead and build it, but if not (especially if their bot is getting fed), grab a quick Randuins or Frozen Heart.

Shurelia's and Spirit Visage are both also very good on him.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
imo ionic spark is good combined with one other attack speed on hit item. 80% AS, 60+ bonus damage and 250 health + either respectable magic resist / armor - covering 3 item spots very well with just two.

No surprise that Shaco can solo baron the moment he has madreds bloodrazer + ionic spark. Which is weird considering starks + bloodrazer should be even easier, but it somehow doesn't work out that way.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That build works as well but at the cost of utility, but Volibear already has a ton of CC built in (with Fling and his Slow), and what he lacks is CDR for his Bite and relatively long CDs. Since he scales with health on his W, Visage and Shurelia's are good CDR + health items (plus Visage gives 15% more healing on his passive, which late game can be quite a large chunk of health).

Not to mention he actually gets more damage from a HoG (can be built into Randuins) so he can viably go double gp/10.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Olaf has a pretty weak early game, that's why they don't take him. A lot of people can murderize him.
Oh and in reply to that,
he definitely has some weaknesses, but he handles himself better than Nasus does, while having at least, a similar ability to go 'wtf' late game.
He is also pretty competent in trades against anyone without range at level 1 or 2 (Q + E is just too much damage for any melee to really try to compete with).

Against harder match ups, I'd say that he is only in notable strife if they're capable of ****** his tower (i.e. nidalee), but the stability he gains per level probably outweighs that lost tower.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not if losing that tower then means Nidalee goes mid and becomes a D Bag for your team while you're playing catch up top.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This is for jungle or lane voli?
Lane.

Jungle Voli won't make enough to buy all that crap and he also has to rush Wriggles to keep up with the faster junglers. I still recommend Shurelias for him, possibly HoG if the game is going well so he can build it into randuins, but Visage would likely be too much money he doesn't have (same with Warmog's).

EDIT: Mallet may not be bad on him b/c of the big health and even more utility, but I'm still iffy on the Atma's.

Top Bottom