• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
I got something we can talk about.

Leona Graves.

Holy **** it's strong if you can survive early- like if they got a farm lane or something. I swear it's insta-kill on any traditional bot laner at 6 just by landing an E with leona. If they got cleanse you can still kill them if they don't cleanse->flash immediately. Even then u can try to predict it if they're good and u know they'll flash.
Yeah, I remember doing this lane when Graves first came out. Free double kills once you both hit 6.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Man, I should play this some more but Skyward Sword is stealing my life :(

Also, Viktor's moves looks pretty cool. Hard to tell how good he'll be though.

L__

Smash Master
our support goes to ward a brush when all are mia

we spam ping to go back

an ally has been slain

2 minutes later the exact same scenario happens

people confuse me

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'll never understand the guys who decide to fly solo.

It's just silly, especially when everyone is MIA like you said.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried out Ahri last night. She seems fun.

Although I do think she should be infracted because her skillshots are sometimes not on topic i mean target. But let's wait until a newer champion comes out that hasn't been around as long as her, and then the new champ can do the infracting i mean ganking. New champ has gotta make a name for himself somehow by being a supermod i mean jungler.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Last warning. Stop ****ing around guys.

Dancing around a subject I asked to be dropped in order to get back on topic is just blatant disrespect.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think I'm going to buy Pantheon tonight.

he looks pretty fun. I've still yet to play ahri or graves tho....these new champs always wanna make me play old champs. lol

^^thats if I don't play skyward sword today. I've been doing Sidequest for like the last 3 days. lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So I played Udyr top for the first time yesterday. I felt invincible. Is Udyr that easy or are my opponents just always bads.
people are way too scared of udyr top and give him too much respect level 1. he is fairly invincible once he gets up to like level 7 with wriggles, but he's bullyable at low levels by low level bullies and I find Irelia more immovable post-wriggles and more useful in teamfights later. that's my take at least. tl;dr: I'd rather play Irelia.

Omni

BRoomer
So I played Udyr top for the first time yesterday. I felt invincible. Is Udyr that easy or are my opponents just always bads.
This is what I wanted to hear.

I'm going to buy Udyr when I get home for solo-queue. If my team already has a jungler I'll solo top and if we have no jungler I can jump on that.

How does Udyr do in 2v1 situations at top? Can he hold his own better than Akali?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Udyr is just silly, and he can hold solo top against 2 better than Akali b/c he has hard CC on demand and built in tankiness via shield.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I played TF in a real game yesterday... accidentally had to be support TF and miss out on CS.

Got FB, 19 kills and won the game, lol. TF is awesome.

^ Irelia is a butt. She almost turned that game around by herself. It took a backdoor effort to win becauseof her. I pretty much think Irelia's numbers will never matter as long as her kit stays the same. I hate playing against her.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Udyr is a scary man to come across.

In normals I always suggest we steal **** from his jungle and give it to our Jungler.

No one is ever up for it though. :(

****ies!

Omni

BRoomer
Udyr is just silly, and he can hold solo top against 2 better than Akali b/c he has hard CC on demand and built in tankiness via shield.
Sounds like the champ I've been looking forward to.

I only really jungle with Nocturne and Amumu. Nocturne can solo top, and since I build him a bit tanky he may be able to 2v1 but it sounds like Udyr's base stats and post-LVL 6 would make him better for a 2v1 top situation.

So a few questions (I know I can solo-mid this stuff but I like hearing SWF's player responses):

1. Udyr - Solo Top. What's my build lookin' like? Why? How do I play Udyr solo-top, and what should I be concentrating on?

2. Udyr - Jungle. What's my build lookin' like? Why? How do I play jungle Udyr, and what should I be concentrating on?

I'd rather have a tanky, invincible, CC ganking machine as opposed to the glass cannon route. I think that's normally the best route for junglers in general since most of their gank opportunities involve a carry of some sort to do the main damage.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds like the champ I've been looking forward to.

I only really jungle with Nocturne and Amumu. Nocturne can solo top, and since I build him a bit tanky he may be able to 2v1 but it sounds like Udyr's base stats and post-LVL 6 would make him better for a 2v1 top situation.

So a few questions (I know I can solo-mid this stuff but I like hearing SWF's player responses):

1. Udyr - Solo Top. What's my build lookin' like? Why? How do I play Udyr solo-top, and what should I be concentrating on?

2. Udyr - Jungle. What's my build lookin' like? Why? How do I play jungle Udyr, and what should I be concentrating on?

I'd rather have a tanky, invincible, CC ganking machine as opposed to the glass cannon route. I think that's normally the best route for junglers in general since most of their gank opportunities involve a carry of some sort to do the main damage.
Udyr's been my main for about a year.

I'm very selective about who I share my tricks with, though. PM me and I'll enlighten you.

Omni

BRoomer
if you're desperate for a 1v2 character, buy cho gath
You guys did say Cho'Gath is good Solo-Top and Jungle.

I'll look into him as well.

Hrm. I kinda' agree with the responses made below that post.

I think the issue lies that certain item builds allow champions to serve as different types? Or multiple types at once in a hybrid fashion? Even if you do solo out the "types" it essentially assigns the unsaid metagame.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Read my edit. Whatever the "meta" is, is actually unimportant as far as this goes. Riot has a stated goal of keeping the roles balanced and making teams bring a variety of roles into a game to be successful. When heal/poke was too good, they nerfed heals across the board. When bruisers were too strong, they nerfed tank items. Riot already has a design focus that asks players to diversify their team comps and this kind of system reinforces that.

It doesn't FORCE players to play in the jungle or do a duo AD/support lane. It doesn't force you to play a specific type of jungler or put your AP carry mid. This has no bearing on the meta, except for maybe actually reducing centralization around a specific role, if that role becomes too powerful before Riot has a chance to respond via patch.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
sk gaming is just getting weaker and weaker :O

later snoopeh

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Skarner isn't as strong solo top, imo.

However Skarner AoE clears just as fast as Udyr and then past level 6 has a suppress for ganks along w/ his speedboost and high base damages.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
I've played a bit of udyr and I consider him my best solo top at the moment. Here is how I build:

Against AD: armor runes, 9/21/0 masteries, cloth armor 5 health pots. Start with turtle stance. I usually the tiger stance route.
Wriggles, merc-treads.
The rest of my build depends on the other team.
Good items: wit's end, tri-force, frozen mallet, frozen heart, force of nature. Etc

Against AP top:
Mr runes, 9/21/0. Turtle stance level 1 and either mantle + 2 health pots or (usually) boots +3 health pots.
Wriggles, merc treads, wit's end.. Then whatever.

Feel free to critique it, guys.

Against AP:

:phone:

Top Bottom