• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
ITT: Never league
Ok then: Real League Talk

You have ten rune pages and you want to be able to have at least generic runes for any role. What should those rune pages be? What combination of rune pages gives you the best chance to play the highest number of champions well?

Off the top of my head, you are gonna want:

AP Carry
AD Carry
Support
AD Jungler
AP Jungler
Top Lane Bruiser

but obviously some of those roles vary based on the champs. Basically, I want to see where I have holes in my rune pages and spend some time lining up more efficient pages.

Thoughts?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I have some really specific rune pages, like one specifically for Akali. Other than that, just the regular generic stuff.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
F8AL
Happy Holidays!

Wii #: 0674 5894 8818 0064
Brawl FC: 1676-3400-7198

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums
Dear Thiocyanide,

You have received a 1 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Minor Spam. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.
I play League on the forums. Hard style ganking mods all day.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Thio, if you have a problem with that infraction, please PM me and we can discuss this. Otherwise, please use this thread for LoL discussion. Thank you.

john!

Smash Hero
You have ten rune pages and you want to be able to have at least generic runes for any role. What should those rune pages be? What combination of rune pages gives you the best chance to play the highest number of champions well?
my ten rune pages are:

4 ad carry: apen red, mreg/lvl OR flat armor yellow, mres/lvl blue, flat ad OR ms quints
2 ap carry: mpen red, mreg/lvl OR flat armor yellow, flat mres blue, flat ap quints
ad jungle: as red, flat armor yellow, mres/lvl blue, flat ad quints
ap jungle: mpen red, flat armor yellow, mres/lvl blue, flat ap quints
support: flat mres red, flat armor yellow, mres/lvl blue, gold/10 quints
solo top: apen red, flat armor yellow, mres/lvl blue, flat apen quints

so, the only runes i really use are:

red: apen, mpen, as, flat mres
yellow: flat armor, mreg/lvl
blue: flat mres, mres/lvl
quints: flat ad, flat ap, apen, ms, gold/10

which are mathematically the best runes

and i keep the other ones around even though i should probably ask for a refund :embarrass:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Thio, if you have a problem with that infraction, please PM me and we can discuss this. Otherwise, please use this thread for LoL discussion. Thank you.
I don't, I just find you as eternally hilarious as usual.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ok then: Real League Talk

Off the top of my head, you are gonna want:

AP Carry
AD Carry
Support
AD Jungler
AP Jungler
Top Lane Bruiser

but obviously some of those roles vary based on the champs. Basically, I want to see where I have holes in my rune pages and spend some time lining up more efficient pages.

Thoughts?
I have 18 pages and wish I had more.

If I were trying to maximize champ usage with 10 rune pages I'd run something like:

1 AD, 2 AP, 1 Support, 2 Jungle, 4 Top

AD I think you're always good with ArPen, Armor, Scaling MRes, and AD
AP I like having a MPen, AP/level, AP/level, Flat AP page and a MPen, Armor, MRes, Flat AP page
Support I like having an Armor, Armor, Scaling MRes, Gold/10 page and I also use my top pages on more aggressive supports who need to be further forward early game.
Jungle I like 2 pages, both with Armor Seals and Scaling MRes Glyphs, then having 1 page with a mix of ArPen/AS/AD on Marks/Quints and another page with ArPen marks and Flat Armor Quints
I like having 4 pages for top:
ArPen, Armor, MRes/Level, Armor
ArPen, Armor, MRes, MRes
MPen, Armor, MRes/Level, Armor
MPen, Armor, MRes, MRes

My pages are probably a big skewed because I'm a top lane ***** who likes to have counter rune pages for stupid matchups, but I think you can play 90+% of the cast fairly well with those 10 rune pages (pretty much what I do on my smurfs).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
My pages are probably a big skewed because I'm a top lane ***** who likes to have counter rune pages for stupid matchups, but I think you can play 90+% of the cast fairly well with those 10 rune pages (pretty much what I do on my smurfs).
Soooooo...

1 AD, 2 AP, 1 Support, 2 Jungle, 1 Top
+3 Pages for preferred role specificity.

-DD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate not having a million pages. I wish we could have like 50 of them and them cost 100 ip.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I have only 3 rune pages ;_;

Then again, I pretty much only play with my friends in arranged 5s so I always get the role I'm prepared for/want.

Also, would exp quints/gold quints help alleviate the negatives of roaming more than movement/pen?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Funny story about Dphat's avatar. Last night I'm laying in bed looking at SWF on my phone and I zoomed in real far to see an image someone posted. Then I scrolled down a little ways and suddenly an asian chick with her mouth open suggestively is taking up my entire screen. And then my wife rolls over and looks at the screen and then back at me like "wtf Jason? I'm laying right here."

Thanks for making me explain that one buddy.
Seriously F8AL? You warned me for this? Dude, this thread is a lot about this game and little bit of a social chat. For that matter, I immediately followed it up with getting the thread back on track. Please save the over-modding for a thread full of kiddies instead of one packed with SWFers who have been here way longer and contributed way more than you. If you have a problem with this post, you can PM me about it. But please leave any additional over-modding out of this thread and so we can keep the discussion about League of Legends.

I have 18 pages and wish I had more.

If I were trying to maximize champ usage with 10 rune pages I'd run something like:

1 AD, 2 AP, 1 Support, 2 Jungle, 4 Top

AD I think you're always good with ArPen, Armor, Scaling MRes, and AD
AP I like having a MPen, AP/level, AP/level, Flat AP page and a MPen, Armor, MRes, Flat AP page
Support I like having an Armor, Armor, Scaling MRes, Gold/10 page and I also use my top pages on more aggressive supports who need to be further forward early game.
Jungle I like 2 pages, both with Armor Seals and Scaling MRes Glyphs, then having 1 page with a mix of ArPen/AS/AD on Marks/Quints and another page with ArPen marks and Flat Armor Quints
I like having 4 pages for top:
ArPen, Armor, MRes/Level, Armor
ArPen, Armor, MRes, MRes
MPen, Armor, MRes/Level, Armor
MPen, Armor, MRes, MRes

See? This is why I don't play top lane. Too many match-ups to plan for and too much variety. Although I think I can copy these pages almost exactly with the runes that I've got. I am still screwing around with specific runes for a few champs, but overall I think this is an awesome launching point.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Seriously F8AL? You warned me for this? Dude, this thread is a lot about this game and little bit of a social chat. For that matter, I immediately followed it up with getting the thread back on track. Please save the over-modding for a thread full of kiddies instead of one packed with SWFers who have been here way longer and contributed way more than you. If you have a problem with this post, you can PM me about it. But please leave any additional over-modding out of this thread and so we can keep the discussion about League of Legends.
I wasn't kidding with the "NO FUN ALLOWED" pic. I think he thinks that if he gets enough infractions out he;'ll become a sueprmod or admin or something.

THAT SAID

Thoughts on Ahri, people?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ahri feels underwhelming. Maybe I'm playing bad Ahri's, or whatnot, but she doesn't really feel threatening. That charm is pretty beast though.

Unless she gets fed.

Which applies to anyone not named Evelynn. :applejack:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Doesn't work quite like that, Thio.

@M3D: I agree with you, but you could have just sent F8AL a PM about the warning. The topic does tend to go too off topic so I don't blame F8AL for trying to keep everyone a bit honest.

Let's just get back on topic and drop it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I've always wondered if that was a Korean band thing in Dphat's sig/avatar.
Apparently this was a racist comment and worthy of an infraction rather than a warning. You ever use warnings, F8AL? They're used for things that aren't major and inflammatory. I was very subtley asking if that's a band thing in Dphat's avatar and sig... a disguised question of which I didn't get an answer to!

EDIT: AND I WILL IGNORE OMNI'S REQUEST TO DROP THINGS

Also, at what point would the 2 gold/10 mastery become effecient compared to full-ish offense?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Zero_Gamer, I am pretty sure off-topic posts in this thread such as the one you quoted are indeed worthy of an infraction for minor spam, which is what you were given. An infraction for a racist comment is gibberish.

If you truly wanted to resolve your personal issue with an infraction it is a lot more efficient to contact them privately. Stretching out your e-peen is a logical misstep if you actually felt justified in your complaint.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I find fighting against Ahri a bit gimmicky, her skills (considering majority-to-all skills are skillshots) look a bit easier to avoid considering the speed they travel at.

Charm being a ranged "taunt" is the worst feeling to be hit with in a staredown before a team fight.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What happens if you land a point-blank Charm? Does the effect wear off once they reach you?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got something we can talk about.

Leona Graves.

Holy **** it's strong if you can survive early- like if they got a farm lane or something. I swear it's insta-kill on any traditional bot laner at 6 just by landing an E with leona. If they got cleanse you can still kill them if they don't cleanse->flash immediately. Even then u can try to predict it if they're good and u know they'll flash.

Top Bottom