• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
here's how to join chat:

STEP 1: Click the little chat bubble in the bottom left
STEP 2: Click the little door thingy at the bottom of the chat panel
STEP 3: Enter 'SWF' in the text box and then click the '+' sign
STEP 4: Go to the little gear in the upper right of the SWF chat room that's opened up
STEP 5: Check the box so that you auto-join the chat on signin.

And voila, you're all set to always join us in SWF!

S l o X

Smash Champion
brahh

went up like four levels today. i suck so hard at this game though. i think im at 3k ip & going to buy panth or something. eve is super annoying. uh . . . yeah.

Cia

das kwl
brahh

went up like four levels today. i suck so hard at this game though. i think im at 3k ip & going to buy panth or something. eve is super annoying. uh . . . yeah.
I actually realized just how bad she was today when playing against an opponent Eve (I was Morgana) I got killed by a stealth gank from Eve and Twitch. So I bought a ward and killed them both. At least twitch still had ranged attacks, but Eve had absolutely NO approach. :(

Case in Point, get a vision ward for your lane early.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Eve is literally the worst character in LoL and I laugh whenever someone picks her.

Cia

das kwl
oh great, another Pantheon note to **** with my heart.

and ffs, Warwick is already a monster, that patch seems to be 2 really big buffs for him. uhg.
Do you know where I can find chagelists for these patches? I heard morgana just got two massive buffs, but I really don't know what was adjusted

Spife

Smash Master
I wasn't advocating for any sort of shift, I'm just not a fan of the things I highlighted. I agree, NOT making nu champs wont fix balancing but it feels like as a whole their priorities are a little off center, which I can understand putting business back in (doesn't mean I have to like it).

As for what you said (about champs being viable) yeah yeah that makes sense.
I've actually gotten over the 14 champs to play thing, I guess what doesn't sit well with me is how they're defining it as playing to win. Maybe they can release another ranked latter, I dunno.

Also what doesn't sit well with me is the changing metagame. It's frighting. There, I said it.

_kSo_

Smash Master
been trying a bd/lane pushing yi build, with mixed results. next i'm gonna try ap tristana and her ridiculous burst damage.

John9blue!!! ahaha i gotta play LoL with you...after playing smash with you it'll be interesting to see what kind of tactics you muster up in a different type of game :p

S l o X

Smash Champion
Anyone that's incredibly low level (1-15) let me know, would be good to play with people I know won't leave and be able to . . . chat ?

Leacero

Smash Lord
If you guys see me in chat idling, feel free to hit me up for a game. I don't care if you're level 5, 15, or 80 with full tier 10 epic lewt, normal games are the new practice games.

john!

Smash Hero
is it just me or are tanks overpowered? teams with mostly tanks win the majority of the games i've seen them in. it's infuriating watching a tank survive my burst damage, kill me, kill my egg, and escape, all while taking hits from a tower, while my team runs like *******.

ezreal is amazing and you will have success with just about any build.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
So, I just did Baron at level 11~13 with 3 people, Kog'maw, Janna, and myself as Malphite. We did fine. Then all of a sudden at like 90% he started doing that thing he does below half, and it was constant, like 3 between each auto attack (the spell thing where puke falls from the sky). He double killed us in 4 or 5 seconds, Janna got away.

We won the match convincingly but wtf? I have NEVER seen him do that.

Tanks are stupid OP atm

S l o X

Smash Champion
When I'm on a good team, we end up doing Baron early / when we need it.
When I'm on a bad team, we don't do Baron.
*shrugs*

Ezreal is cool. Haven't played as him yet, nor against him. Just gonna let him sit there for a while.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So, I just did Baron at level 11~13 with 3 people, Kog'maw, Janna, and myself as Malphite. We did fine. Then all of a sudden at like 90% he started doing that thing he does below half, and it was constant, like 3 between each auto attack (the spell thing where puke falls from the sky). He double killed us in 4 or 5 seconds, Janna got away.

We won the match convincingly but wtf? I have NEVER seen him do that.

Tanks are stupid OP atm
We once 3 manned it at around level 13-14 in a game and the same thing happened to me. I was Nidalee and was around 3/4 health and he two shot me in around 1 second. WHat sucked was that the game was in the balance; my death to Baron flashed over the screen and they knew exactly where we were and my teammates, for some reason, stayed at Baron -_-''

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Just played as Soraka/Teemo/Evelynn/Cho'gath/Tryndamere vs. Garen/Olaf/Fiddlesticks/Ezreal/Urgot. We lost, 31-33 in kills and we almost won D: olaf too good endgame, they just exhausted Windamere and ***** us haha. But it was fun.

Normal game of course.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Ezreal is pretty good.

Who are the top 3 junglers? I think everyone uses Warwick but I want to know if there are other really viable characters.

Rat

Smash Lord
heya!
could you add me to this list?

LoL Tag: Noobwiz
LoL Mains: DPS, support, some tank.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Should I run an AP or AD build on Ezreal?
AD. AP Ezreal has had the nerf bat repeatedly shoved up his *** even though he was barely any better than AD Ezreal to begin with.

is it just me or are tanks overpowered? teams with mostly tanks win the majority of the games i've seen them in. it's infuriating watching a tank survive my burst damage, kill me, kill my egg, and escape, all while taking hits from a tower, while my team runs like *******.

ezreal is amazing and you will have success with just about any build.
Tanks are stupid as ****. Tanking items need better counters and tanks themselves need lower base damage on their abilities.

Ezreal is pretty good.

Who are the top 3 junglers? I think everyone uses Warwick but I want to know if there are other really viable characters.
Wariwick
Udyr
Amumu
Shaco

are the top 4 junlgers in most people's books.

After that it's like, Xin, Olaf, Akali, Pantheon, Rammus, Cho'Gath and Malphite, but I dunno, everyone outside of the top 6 is kinda janky as a jungler tbh (Olaf and Xin round out the top 6).

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Top 3 junglers? I would say Warwick, Udyr, Shaco. Sorry Amumu.

It always surprises me how many people on the LoL forum are ignorant of how good Udyr is. I see so many threads (at least I used to) that were like "Udyr sux i cant use him so he's bad they have to make him better". Udyr and Nasus are the two most underrated characters imo.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I like new Malphite as a counter jungler. He is good in the jungle but the difference between him and the others is that he never really has low health after level 2. Without going back to shop I can have both buffs, almost full health and 1 or 2 health pots left before I start going into their jungle.

I think he is faster and safer than WW, but he can't solo dragon as easily.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
But...other than maybe WW, Udyr, and Shaco, what jungler ISN'T easy to interrupt?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
fiddle isn't good in the jungle imo because of the following.

1.) Fiddle's main use outside of his ult is an AoE silence and a single target fear. Drain is easily his least useful move to level up. Getting one level in the lane is ok, but getting 3 or 4 in the jungle is really hurting the team.

2.) His passive gives away his position. If you are looking for a jungling fiddle you just have to check your debuffs when you are near a creep camp. Fiddle gives himself away without having to see him through the Fog of War.

Top Bottom