• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I love you, have my babies/come duo queue with me :p

oh, and jungling with xin is hella easy with the right setup.

1/14/15
AS Quints
AS Marks
Armor Seals
MR Glyphs

Cloth + 5 hp pots,
start at gol,
QWEQQR -> R > Q > W > E,
madred's
boots
bloodrazors + frozen mallet + tanking crap in whatever order makes sense.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Yeah, I have arpen Marks, HP quints, dodge seals and MR glyphs. The arpen doesn't help at all for jungling :(

I suppose I could Phreak it up and start with an elixir but... I dunno, that's a pretty big setback lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
never start with elixir, just get those AS Quints and AS Marks. They're pretty mandatory for Udyr/WW jungling speed too so I found them to be a good investment (+ they're **** on Kog and he's fotm right now).

EDIT: I think armor seals >>>>> dodge seals for early jungling too, especially since it means you don't have to waste 5 mastery points on all that dodge garbage and can appropriately max out SoS, DM and HS with just 14 points in Defensive.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Apparently.

I remember getting queue dodged six times in a row when I tried a jungling Singed build. What's really annoying is I had a pretty solid path down and nobody would let me try it :(

Vyke

Smash Champion
Inside joke. I used to main Rammus when I first got into the game, and logan would constantly ***** about never seeing me play him.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Wow, I've spent the last two hours reading about this game. It looks really fun and it's free?! Where do I sign up!

Unfortunately I probably can't play for a few weeks. I hope there's some noobs to learn with.

ook

Smash Lord
LoL Tag: ookokorrafaa
LoL Mains: Tristana, Gragas, Gangplank, Karthus

I had a LoL-related dream last night. Me and Tristana were going out. But she was always hanging out with Garen instead of me. And then I found out she did heroin and was actually a lesbian. :urg:

_kSo_

Smash Master
the past three posts made me chuckle.

also, i've had LoL related dreams before but never anything like THAT haha

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I need to learn some more.

I was super nervous and 2nd guessing everything I did in a game I played with Mogwai.

When I got back down to my ELO I played some Kass and rocked faces.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I always have the feeling of superiority towards everyone else in my games unless I'm premaking. Am I conceited or no? It's not unfounded. No one buys wards/oracles, no one wants to dragon/baron, and the carries aren't getting the buffs. Plus silly builds etc. Sick of solo queu.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
play carries and/or duo queue to get on your own level. Yes there will be times where you are just the best player in the game and you're not being conceited, but by just playing enough, law of averages will put you where you need to be. Also, direct your team. I felt like I needed to do a lot of this when I was playing with Pakman last night (lol 300 point elo difference :p) but people tend to be receptive of advice if you're doing well and not being a **** about giving advice.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
That's kind of why playing WW is solo queue is pretty sweet. Team not getting Dragon? Get it yourself. Team not getting Baron? Get it yourself.

Gotta get the buffs on the carries, though. If they don't respond to that, oh well, just have fun ganking because your team probably isn't going to play like a team.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I do play warwick but I warwick is not a hard carry, or even a soft one.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I just started playing this last week. Absolutely love it. My favorite thing about playing WoW was Battlegrounds, and League scratches that itch for free.

After tinkering with several characters (Ashe, Nunu, Ryze) I've settled on Master Yi as my main for now. His play style has really clicked with me. I'm enjoying using him a lot.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Well, I was at 1424. Played 2 games today. First: Gragas named RageFactory rage quits. Because he's feeding a Teemo, hardcore. Second: I get that same Teemo on my team. He and Annie both feed, Pantheon in mid gets 20 stacks. /sigh.

I got first blood both games too. I don't know what to do sometimes :( I guess I just have to hope to get lucky some more.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Trist is a Megling gunner, it's a rank in the military. Originally it was going to be a separate race but they changed it. Yordles in general are very mixed and matched, like look at Teemo compared to Corki or Heimerdinger lol. Veigar and Teemo are similar though

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I liek LoL and i thinks all u guys on here are baddies

lol tago=Xd4bagX
lol mains=rofl get ***** by every1

ook

Smash Lord
*guy on our team picks shaco*

him: "I heard shaco is almost always banned in ranked games"
me: "not anymore, he got nerfed"
him: "Really? o.o"

...when does season 2 start? :urg:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who here does TT? Wouldn't mind getting some games in for that map; Solo Queue SR not been very kind to me recently lol.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Who here does TT? Wouldn't mind getting some games in for that map; Solo Queue SR not been very kind to me recently lol.
PROPS. My main ranked games are TT since I usually team with two others. XD

Therefore I cannot do ranked 3v3 unless its with them. :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What lineups do you tend to run? Not a fan of squishier setups on TT (Zilean, EZ, Shaco *mostly before the nerf*, etc).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's already beast on TT lol. With Mundo, looking at the test realm stuff, it was both some buff and some nerf. He was gonna get higher Cleaver costs, and then lower past rank 3. Same with Masochism I think. Early game he will have to be a tad more careful throwing Cleavers nonstop, but past level 5-7 he will be doing better than before.

Leacero

Smash Lord
What lineups do you tend to run? Not a fan of squishier setups on TT (Zilean, EZ, Shaco *mostly before the nerf*, etc).
I actually run Zilean with an Udyr and a Singed/Nunu/Morde based on the other team. I always ban Ez unless I'm first pick, because Ez with a lizard buff on TT is just mind-numbingly dumb.

Secondary lineups when we want to try different comps are Mundo/Garen/Morgana/Gragas/Cho etc. My team is back down to low-mid 1600s and we're hoping to rise a bit faster cuz like the last 10 games we've played gave +5 rating. X_X

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I've done Zilean a bit on TT, I also used to run Heimer back when he was LOL. When he did full damage to towers (even half damage was no problem). I mained him til the nerf, was fun watching him go from kinda ok to OP back down to just ok lol.

I've done a ton of TT, not that many ranked of it though. My team's around the mid 1400's, something like 11-3, 13-4, ratios close to that. Similar ratings for SR solo queue, then starting playing alone with non carry material and meet up inevitably with feeders, afkers/rage quits, sometimes just getting out comped, etc. Was kinda gay

Top Bottom