• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
Starting 5s team, we're at 1400 rating arranged 5s, add me in game if you're interested.
User name jpak

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He rolled the dice and escaped

Without crabs

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Virgy, I vote Mordekaiser. Omni is the only other person we play with that uses him and he's a beastly mid or solo 1v2 laner.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vlad. Vlad a strong choice, at least for SR right now. Mord even after the cleanse nerf is still pretty low down there.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Get udyr and brolaf.

Tanky dps ftw.

I only play junglers and ezreal :( I just noticed.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Buy whoever you want.

But daaaaaaamn. Vlad and Anivia are a lot of IP. Or are you using RP?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You also have to convince people to chase you or let them get close enough to be flung. He doesn't have a way to make people do that though :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gotta offer them candy first.

Hope they have Annie or Kennen on their team

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
:(

Singed not bad, he not that great either. He's too average.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He also has to work a lot harder than the better tanks to initiate. He can't pull a Rammus/Shen/Mumu and throw himself into there and go to work. If you have someone do that for him, and give him leeway, then yeah it can get nasty.

That's what I meant by average though; if the cards line up right, it can work out. He's not as universal of a team pick though compared to a lot of champs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, while I understand that as your criteria for rating someone, I don't know if it's entirely fair to call him average. for instance, in your typical 3-5 tanks + 0-2 glass cannons setup, a good Singed is going to have a larger impact and carry harder than your typical Rammus/Shen/Amumu type tank. He doesn't translate to a more balanced tank, off-tank, support, phys DPS, caster setup nearly as well, but I think that he's much more polarized than the term average would suggest.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Oh Boy! The "my character is good but not the best", my FAVORITE game!

Pick a team

Singed,Corki,Master Yi,Jax,Janna

Shen,Ezreal,Warwick,Garen,Taric

I know which one I'd like to be on! ;P ;P ;P

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I don't even play singed except on my smurf, what the hell are you talking about?

And what's with your teams? What point are you trying to make? If you stick Singed on a team with 3 other characters who need an assload of farm (and who are all just mediocre carries at this point) and Janna, he's not as good as a generic 4 High Tier Tanks + Ezreal team? Great, no **** Sherlock.

Tell you what, you can have your Shen, Ezreal, Warwick, Garen, Taric team and I'll take my Singed, Amumu, Sion, Kog Maw, and Kassadin team, how bout we do that instead? Now which one would you rather be on?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Why are you trolling this thread kid? Either stop being a **** or GTFO.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well, frankly the second team would be BONED really hard if Kog maw ever dies. Sion and Kass burst just isn't gonna do the damage to kill everybody, and you certainly won't get a truck load of damage from Mumu/Singed. Everyone on that team does Magic damage, Team 1 could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get Banshee for MR and help control the CC.

I'd probably pick Team 1 over Team 2. Taric IMO seals the deal there. He's too valuable for that team lineup; free Armor, stuns, Health, and AD? Yum! Either way, looking at that lineup, what makes it work? Singed thrown on there, or everyone else being good enough to let him also contribute? Every single person on that lineup is better overall than Singed (even though it's all High/Top tier with Kass thrown in), and he only functions well because you shaped the team to be friendly to him. Kinda like Heimerdinger nowadays; sure you can make him work, but you'd have to shape the team around you first. The necessity to do that in the first place is why I call him average, cause he's not outstanding enough on his own.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Basically the criteria of being able to compliment a team vs having a team to compliment you being necessary.

Also <3 Mogdizzle

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I dunno man, just watch Dyrus play singed sometime, come back and tell me he's an average champion. Yes I gave him a good team, but the point is that when he's with champions that are innately difficult to kill (Kog's imba range, Kass's imba ult), the opposing team has a hell of time focusing correctly, which drags fights out and long drawn out fights are where Singed excels at dishing out massive damage and just generally making life difficult for the opposing team.

And for the record, Kassadin is a high/top tier champion. Anyone who tells you otherwise is considering difficulty to play the champion in how they evaluate them, which is just wrong IMO. High Elo Kassadins are simply the best casters in the current meta. He dishes out very high burst on a very low CD with a 5 second CD flash and both nukes providing extremely powerful soft-disables. He also has a completely imbalanced passive that lets him survive a ton of crap that he has no right living through. It drives me crazy seeing all these tier lists with Annie above Kassadin...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Uh, cause Annie is still better than Kass? As simple minded as "Get stun, Tibbers! Nuke Nuke, don't die" sounds, it's stronger than what he offers. He has other issues besides being awkward/hard to play. Laning/farming for example, Annie easily outclasses him there. Annie can take mid and gank a lane, what's Kass gonna do suck it up and lane with a buddy? Not saying it's bad to 2 v 2 lane, but Kass is pretty much forced to do that unless the opposing Mid was a terrible choice.

Annie does more damage to more people (Kass can crap on 1 person, Annie can crap on an entire team), offers stronger CC if you stun with the Cone or Tibbers, lanes better/can reasonably take mid if needed, farms better which leads to getting the items you need quicker, frankly she's better than Kass. Despite how overall simple her strategy is, it works.

S l o X

Smash Champion
What's that LoL forum / site where good people stream their games?

and ****, I'm not knowledgeable at this game at all. Gonna keep reading you guys rants and learn some stuff.

Top Bottom