• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Amumu, Malphite, Pantheon, Akali, Olaf, Xin, Cho, Rammus

The thing with Fiddle is that if you disable him as he starts his drain, he is dead, period. He has to let himself get too low, then he's caught with just a silence because Jungle Fiddle can't afford to level fear until later lest he lose his only redeeming factor in the jungle (speed on Buff creeps/dragon). And that's another thing that pisses me off about him in the jungle.... you have to level your ****ing drain, which is a terrible ability vs. non-braindead people. Fiddle is a disabler, so losing points in dark wind and fear is just not something that I'm particularly OK with. He's also especially reliant on blue, is a lackluster pre-6 ganker, and has terribly little use for red buff (I honestly think jungle fiddle should usually call your mid over to grab red even at the first taking, simply because it does so little for him and it gives lane dominance to mid).

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I disagree with both of you in that he needs to level up his drain. The problem is that in order to be safe he needs to b back once and as far as junglers go he's on the slower side. But doing so makes it so he doesn't have to put himself at serious risk by being at low health unless you go after dragon. So while he's clearly not the best jungler, I don't think he's as bad as you all are saying. The options seem to be to level drain and jungle faster but be unsafe, or play it safer and jungle slower but you only need to level drain once.

As for giving the red buff to mid...maybe more junglers should think about doing that as well. You usually don't need the extra damage to kill creeps, and while the slow helps with ganks usually the other team has to be out of position in order to get ganks, so if they're not playing so reckless and unaware then giving it to mid just seems like the best choice.

Anyway, I can get the dragon at level 4/5 with Fiddle with only a Doran's Shield, some health pots, and a level 1 drain.

Also I don't see much wrong in clearing out the creeps and then going to lane for a little bit.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the biggest issue with giving red to mid is that it costs you half the experience that Lizard gives. Anyone who auto-attacks a bunch during jungling and/or needs it to be a gank threat will usually at least need the first red spawn, but from there on out, I'm usually call over Ez/Trist/Ashe to come grab it.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I guess I'll have to think more on the pros/cons of giving away red buff when I'm the jungler, but unless you get Lizard right away with WW or something by the time you kill lizard and it respawn the laning phase should more or less be over.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Yeah I just got the standalone, but I didn't bring my SC2 cd so I can't install it (normally using the online downloader) until I borrow it from a friend. T__T

EDIT: Someone set up a time where we can all meet up in the channel and get an in-house game going. Was fun playing tonight.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Do me a favor and add Urgot to my list of champs, please :) Also Amumu and Nasus, just because.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
^*waves*^ hey wobbs

Got tired of getting clowned on accounts so now I have 3. Been doing well as of late on my higher lvl accounts. Glad to see I we have a network already established to learn to play arranged. Solo Queue is rough when people think Sion is FULL tank.

putaElBoxu(8), pootTheBox(23), Silas Grae(20)

Main: SION!!!
Ish: Janna, Singed, Olaf

This game is too much fun. It's getting to be a problem. It being online makes it tough not to play unlike Melee which required friends to be present.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Smasher's that I know about power rankings go:
SamuraiPanda (dude went nuts and hit 1650 earlier this week)
Azen Zagenite (right around 1600)
Mogwai (1580something T_T)

I think Leacero's really high on TT though, I seem to remember hovering over some name in SWF and being like, "whoa, nice TT rating"

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
CABC what is your build? I was die hard Attk Speed/DPS SION for most of my time as him. I only recently caved in and have gone AP.

I liked dps sion cause I felt he was flexible with his bulids. Ended up getting Brutalizer, Starks, Last whisper, Randuins, Aegis. I definitely got Malady first when I first started messing around :/
boots wise i liked Swiftness

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
AD Sion needs to be mostly Tanky with 1-2 items that improve his crit/penetration. It feels really game dependent on what's best, but I think the two builds that I like best are rushing Last Whisper -> Tanking Item Spam -> Atma's Impaler and Sheen -> Mercs -> Tank Item -> Zeal -> Tank Item -> Triforce. Green Elixirs are also a godsend on AD Sion, best bang for your buck when you know a teamfight is coming.

Merc treads feel pretty mandatory on AD Sion. I would only not grab mercs if I were running cleanse, but I think with his early game strength that not packing ignite costs you quite a bit of lane presence that you simply cannot afford to lose. Ghost is mandatory, as with all Melee DPS.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I like that. I am just learning the ways of defensive items. 100 armor equaling half dmg and all. That changed my game.

Merc treads I get when I am not totally ****** face. I just love running down people after they get more than they bargain for and ghost/swiftness chase them down stun>chop chop chop. I am a sucker for seeing Sion chop really fast. For laughs I'll tell you what I did when I played practice games all the way to lvl 18. Malady, Last whisper, Phantom, boots of course. I did that almost religiously. At that lvl everyone just stays around to hit each other so I would just eat their health wtih my ult.

john!

Smash Hero
i think i'm in low elo hell. i've been going all anivia recently and my average game is 6.2/4.2/10.1

my elo has hovered around 800-1000 the entire time and my win rate is 37.5%

any tips? i might switch back to tristana and just try to carry my team to victory

Leacero

Smash Lord
Smasher's that I know about power rankings go:
SamuraiPanda (dude went nuts and hit 1650 earlier this week)
Azen Zagenite (right around 1600)
Mogwai (1580something T_T)

I think Leacero's really high on TT though, I seem to remember hovering over some name in SWF and being like, "whoa, nice TT rating"
Yeah, I used to be like 1650 on TT but fell down a bit due to a bad losing streak. I'm back up to like 1611 or something. I'm only 1501 on solo Q, I haven't played it lately.

In other news, me, Prog, and a pub player just won a game 3v5 after two of our teammates got DCed mid-game.

Octave

Smash Ace
Add me - Brotodile. I'm relatively new. Been playing support champions mainly - Taric and Kayle. Idk they're kinda boring I think I'd rather be killing people.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Ez is still pretty good.

I still faceroll with lizard buff in my elo.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
CABC what is your build? I was die hard Attk Speed/DPS SION for most of my time as him. I only recently caved in and have gone AP.

I liked dps sion cause I felt he was flexible with his bulids. Ended up getting Brutalizer, Starks, Last whisper, Randuins, Aegis. I definitely got Malady first when I first started messing around :/
boots wise i liked Swiftness
My best match was Doran's Ring, Youmuu's, Merc Treads, Trinity Force, Atma's Impaler, Long Sword (to be built into Last Whisper).

Ring was just for early game shenanigans and all that jazz, I think I liked starting with the ring more than the normal shield. It was me and Poppy vs. Morgana and Fiddlesticks so we bursted them down pretty hard. I rushed Brutalizer, because I love that item, then level 1 boots, then finished Youmuu's, then treads. Youmuu's I love on him because I feel like he doesn't need much in the way of ASPD/AD, and relies on armor pen more than most other champs. Crit and CDR are great stats for him too, so I feel like nothing is wasted, plus active effects are just real nice in general, makes you a little harder to predict in team fights and such.

Then I got Sheen, and then Atma's Impaler. Normally I would have built a better tank item like Randuin's or Veil before an Impaler, maybe even before Sheen, but I was doing well and was farmed so I got the impaler for the extra crit and damage. Finished Trinity Force, then grabbed the long sword to finish off the match blah blah blah.

Like I said, normally I'd be built tankier, but I felt like I could press our early game advantage better with more damage, and I never really felt "in danger" in team fights with the healing from my ult. Plus I'm not gonna lie, I did a hell of a good job farming that match lol.

Long descriptions but my item build changes every match pretty drastically for Sion so I felt like I should explain everything. Youmuu's is really nice on him though, the more I use it, the more I like it. I bet you could do a HotshotGG~esque pure armor pen build with Sword of the Divine, Youmuu's, Brutalizer but I wouldn't do such a squishy build for 5s, just solo queues lol.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
While Kayle is strong in the midgame, I agree with five posts ago that Kayle is **** in the lategame as well.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
1424 in solo, 20/10 w/l right now lol, things are going pretty well for me :D

Still haven't played with like any of the SWF people though

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Well you best stop plummeting or I'll be catching up by the end of this week!

If I do catch up though, we should queue together. That doesn't affect your Elo in ranked does it?

Edit: I mean, you don't get an Elo boost just because you're in a duo queue.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Last night sucked.

I had a Morg who got two rylai's scepters.

I also had a team complaining about kassadin, while they continued building their AP/AD items and didn't get any MR.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well you best stop plummeting or I'll be catching up by the end of this week!

If I do catch up though, we should queue together. That doesn't affect your Elo in ranked does it?

Edit: I mean, you don't get an Elo boost just because you're in a duo queue.
I dunno, you might actually.

But either way we should probably queue. My main duo partners are no longer around and I'm getting really tired of having 4 wildcards every game. I'd friggin' kill to have a competent jungler to duo queue with so that I can always get solo top with Panth.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
After last night, I'm never jungling as Xin Zhao again. I'm sure it still works but the way I did it pre-nerf certainly does not xD

I do, however, play jungle Udyr and jungle Mummy. :)

Edit: Oh, and jungle Malphite

Top Bottom