• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Wtf was Hotshot doing at the end? He was just running around in the jungle while his base got destroyed.

jpak

Smash Lord
It was over by then, his lane was the only lane that was even or he was winning. They had to send multiple people to kill him, and CLG did not do anything.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Leona/Jarvan bot, double AP comp OP lmao

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sneaky Sneaky westrice

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nike: Yeah that laptop should be able to handle league. Idk if you will get highest settings and still get 60 fps, but you should be able to play the game at a nice quality with a solid FPS.

jpak

Smash Lord
Can someone tell what happened that led to CLG giving first blood to v8? I missed it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nike: Yeah that laptop should be able to handle league. Idk if you will get highest settings and still get 60 fps, but you should be able to play the game at a nice quality with a solid FPS.
Idk it might, just because league isn't very graphic intensive lol but it doesn't have dedicated graphic memory which is :/.

Edit: Kog tips? Picking him up and wondering what builds I should use as well as runes.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
doublelift must be ****ing sore right now

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He's saying he must be sore from carrying them AFAICT.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hmm this thread might give you some insight Nike about league on your laptop:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1329350&page=2

Sounds about right. You're not gonna get higher settings and 60 FPS, but you will definitely be able to play the game and know what the **** is going on compared to a $250 bargin buster laptop that will never get more than 30 fps regardless of settings lol. I've had one of those, I dunno how I played with 10 FPS on lowest settings with touchpad for a few hundred games

If you REALLY want to play league/better quality/, you're definitely gonna need dedicated graphic card.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sooo Kog tip anyone? I suck with ad carries lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kog tips

Farm well play safe don't underestimate his range with W turned on

Strong at taking Baron Dragon, strong at leashing blue for top side

He's kinda weak pre 6 vs other carries. If you can get in auto attacks here and there safely, go for it. But that's basically the extent of what you can do. You won't have a ton of upfront damage like Corki Trist Ez etc or an escape to get away from ganks. Poon mode ACTIVATE early levels lol.

Build wise for dragon control you can skip lanturn since he already gets good on hit damage from W. IE to Phantom Dancer makes him scary, Bloodthirster is the sustain route/if you like to farm and not die.

For his ult, space out your ult usage if possible to try and save mana.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nike:

There is one thing you should keep in mind. Battery power, and how often your laptop would heat up.

You don't want it heating up because it'll turn of and can do so during matches, which can get you leaves. This has been a problem for me earlier through experience. Believe me, it sucks for this to happen when you are in an even game.

Make sure it can stay cool. : P

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kog tips

Farm well play safe don't underestimate his range with W turned on

Strong at taking Baron Dragon, strong at leashing blue for top side

He's kinda weak pre 6 vs other carries. If you can get in auto attacks here and there safely, go for it. But that's basically the extent of what you can do. You won't have a ton of upfront damage like Corki Trist Ez etc or an escape to get away from ganks. Poon mode ACTIVATE early levels lol.
I need builds and rune advice more than anything lol. That stuff helps too though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Builds:

D blade or boots pots start (D Blade more aggressive, but will be hard to deal with if you do not have a sustain support or if their lane is stronger)

2-3 Dblade optional, don't do this if you are behind like 1 death 30-50 CS though. Probably won't help you win the lane, and will set you further back from being god carry mode. Otherwise work towards BF sword item.

IE/boots 2
Phantom Dancer

After that, figure out what you want. Finish whichever item you didn't before, IE or Bloodthirster. Defense wise GA is pretty solid on him.

Lategame you'd have IE Bloodthirster Boots 2 P Dancer Madreds/Last Whisper/Frozen Mallet/whatever

TL:DR

IE Phantom Dancer Boots 2 is a safe core to work on with Kog. Don't go for on hit stuff like Malady Wits End, you're usually better off going a different route.

RUNES:

Arpen Reds
Armor Seals
Flat/Scaling MR blues (I like Scaling/getting carries to 100 MR some safe way)
Flat AD Quints

Standard for most carries. Good mix of offense and defense to avoid getting ***** early levels/boost low carry defense. You can also try AS quints/some mix of AS over armor pen, but since IE has shifted more in favor on him Arpen is probably more valuable.

Quick note: after masteries runes and D blade, you will hit +20 bonus AD.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Honestly Nike, that computer will get you playing LoL, but

1. Game loading would be slow
2. Nocturne ults + graves sight thing will absolutely **** you up
3. The max resolution isn't 1080p, so it probably won't be that bad at max resolution.

I had
6GB ram
720QM (4 coores / 1.7ghz)
Radeon something or rather @ 1gb
Slow *** harddrive

with 60fps at max resolution on low/off on most graphic settings and tipping around 20-30ish in fights. Enemy nocturne/graves will really piss you off.

< this guy bought a $6k laptop because he was sick of graves/nocturne putting you out of a fight for 3-5 seconds.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Shaya, are you sure you weren't running Crysis in the background? My laptop is worse than the one in question, and I play with all settings but environment quality maxed out and never get any slow down.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No Shaya that's just your Australia internet. Silly Shaya

(Actually he's right lol. You can't expect gaming greatness from most laptops, even from more expensive models)

Shaya you bought a 6k laptop? Wat

Go get a desktop and some kickass multi monitor setup with surround sound and then a $2000 Gaming Sofa like holy **** that Laptop better know how to give a lapdance or churn out money or something. Can it read your mind and do your work with no physical strain?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Gaming laptop is one of the best oxymorons in use today.
i7 2820
16gb ram
2000M

-

Eh, the last laptop was probably ****ty because of its ****ty cooling system that was really ****ty.
But still, I couldn't expect to play on super high specs without killing my ability to play the moment any flash, bang or pop occurs.

Australian internet is pretty balls.

-

Old laptop:

result = ****ty lol experience

New laptop:

Result = not ****ty lol experience

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i7 2820
16gb ram
2000M

-

Eh, the last laptop was probably ****ty because of its ****ty cooling system that was really ****ty.
But still, I couldn't expect to play on super high specs without killing my ability to play the moment any flash, bang or pop occurs.

Australian internet is pretty balls.
You realize that the power of components is limited by the power they get, and thus by the battery you use? EVen if you're running out of an outlet.

Also, laptop cooling. lmao

I have a desktop running LoL at all max settings with lower scores at 60fps constant. I built it for $500 USD.

Vyke

Smash Champion
6k is way too much to spend on any single gaming related item.

Unless it's a house. Maybe Australia is just extremely overpriced, I know most of their games are.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I disagree. 6K desktop will blaze a trail, the kind of trail only to be followed years later

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't worry, I got an epic discount =)
And no, I didn't buy it to game.

And yes. The power supply of this thing is a lot larger than any other laptop I've had. I swear the charger weighs as much as the laptop itself ._.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
A $6000 laptop is much more than just a gaming item, though. You won't ever have to pay heating bills!

Top Bottom