• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I know Im late to the party, but it really is impressive how little Zac knows.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Let's see. About two weeks ago he found out that kennen can use his Q while in lightning rush. And that's one of his mains.
Like, how am I suppose to know this. He can't auto attack during his lightning rush, so why even try to throw a Q? The only reason I figured it out cause I was really determined to steal that kill from <idk who>.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
She taught him how to love another man Dphat.

That counts for somethin.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dphat trying to hold that plat as long as possible. He won't be hitting solo/duo queue until almost a month has passed and he risks decay :p

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Akali would get ***** I think, but what do I know.
I would have to agree with this, even though I haven't played it. But judging off of my previous experience...Nid will just amass way too much HP for Akali to burst down.

Pre6, I'd have the advantage, at 6 I'd have the advantage, and then once she gets wriggles I'm basically stuck until I get Gunblade or Rylais...and even then I'd have to get some damage on her first or else I'll be burning everything I have just to kill her.

I guess using shroud/brush I could manage to go even in the lane at that point, I suppose...but it does seem like it would be a losing battle.
-DD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So, evidently Sion has some crazy glitch with Guinsoo's Rageblade wherin he can gain 2.5 attack speed without having the item.

Somehow a Sion abused this an still managed to feed and lose the game, despite having an automatic BF sword + the other BF he had and a vamp sceptre.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like, how am I suppose to know this. He can't auto attack during his lightning rush, so why even try to throw a Q? The only reason I figured it out cause I was really determined to steal that kill from <idk who>.
You can use the rest of your skills while in the dash. why not q? O.o

Irelia barely wins vs. Wriggle's -> Atmog's Nidalee. And like, I dunno, maybe it was just misplays the last time I played it, but it didn't feel like I could spec properly against her damage or outsustain her the last time I played it.
start cloth and pots. rank W over everything else. farm early on. get a phage quickly. To harass, E->W->autoattack as much as you can->Q->autoattack a lot. you do that combo once at like level 7 or something and you've got her to about 1/3 health and she's gotta heal it all up before going back in.

Lots of irelias start off trades with Q->E and I just E->Q them during/after the slow/stun, and jump away in cougar, taking just a couple autoattacks. If you open up with E you can get one autoattack in, force the pounce away, and then jump up to her and let phage procs and W do the work.

Yes, Irelia's E has less range than her autoattacks, but you can force her to autoattack once, then back away, then go back in and autoattack, etc while you're just healing up with W. Not to mention you can Q to a creep with low health, and then do the combo.

I don't believe you vs. Cait and MF. Sustain too hard.
Caitlyn's range and traps is why. It's just too hard to trade hits with her when you can't use bushes. I can show you why it's so terrible if you want. It's pretty depressing. o.o

Akali would get ***** I think, but what do I know.
Before the nerfs to her, you beat Akali by zoning her real hard in the beginning, which is pretty risky if you're running flash/teleport instead of 2 escapes. If she gets a decent amount of CS, even if she loses in farm early on, she's gonna trade a ton better at 6 and just outdamage her sustain.

Yorrick wouldn't win. Nidalee's real sustain. Yorrick loses to real sustain because he needs to dump his spells on people and if they just don't care about it, they can just stand there and fight him and while that happens, he misses CS because ghouls just fight champions and don't get CS for him. That's my experience of Yorrick vs. Irelia/Udyr/WW anyway and I don't see how tank/AD Nidalee is any different.
Nidalee DOES care about harass. It's not like she can just shrug off good champs' harass anymore. If she's autoattacking Yorick while a ghoul is hitting her she's gonna get ***** by it. E+W in the beginning is going to do half her life if she doesnt run. She'll use a ton of mana by just taking it and autoattacking back every time Yorick uses a spell.

And I've played all these matchups a ton on both sides, always beating the Nidalee, and taking advantage of ppl that arent playing it right when I'm nid.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so im ridic bored and decided to play this

is there any way to jump right in and not suck, or do i have to know about the game and get to level 30 or whatever before i can be good

i used to play dota an eternity ago

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Yorick vs Nidalee is fine as long as you get tear/manamune. If Yorick had to REALLY worry about his mana, he would get ***** over time and once he runs out he's ****ed. But you can space out spells enough to not run out of mana too quickly, while keeping Nid from sustaining effectively herself. You end up either both using the same mana to sustain/harass, which favors you with better mana pool/regen, or you get a lead early on and she can't do anything about it. Pre 6 damage wise she just can't keep up with Yorick, so trading is out of the question. Once both of them hit 6, she gets to walk around in Cougar while he gets to be a ****** with tear. Fairly evenish, but easier gameplay on the Yorick side cause of spell range.

It can also be hard for her to pin him down. If she jumps on you, applying slow + hitting her with Q gets you a fair distance away from her assuming she pounced in.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
so im ridic bored and decided to play this

is there any way to jump right in and not suck, or do i have to know about the game and get to level 30 or whatever before i can be good

i used to play dota an eternity ago
heuheuheuheuheuheuheuhue

How can you compare yourself to Andross now that you indeed do have vastly superior taste?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just bought a new laptop :D.

Back @AA though (no one replied seriously to you :()
If you know the basics of the game, you'll have a good idea of how to play and will likely outdo people you initially play against, resulting in you gaining a higher elo in which you'll be playing against other low levelled players with 'similar skill' (in theory).

Masteries and Rune pages, which require being level 30 to get the most out of them is a large facet of the game and you'll be feeling quite inefficient (compared to otherwise) at lower levels in many areas. Use masteries, but don't try to throw your ahead around rune page set ups (which you can't even have full rune books until you're 30) until you're at least close to level 20 (go ahead and buy tier 1 cheapy runes though).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
heuheuheuheuheuheuheuhue

How can you compare yourself to Andross now that you indeed do have vastly superior taste?
hmm

my first game was me in a mirror lane using...brand?

then some random noob comes into my lane and feeds FIVE TIMES

now he's level 13 and im level 10 and i get ganked

and the game chooses to die so it looks like i ragequit

had fun though

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
dat feel when you ult with karthus and everything dies

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I await the forsaken day in which there are 5 enemies alive, and we just got aced
BUT ALAS
A KARTHUS ULT BECKONS ITS HEAD OVER THE HORIZON OF THE DEAD.

"ENEMY PENTA KILL" they will cry.
And then Karthus with his like -90% death time will just come out of no where and take the nexus.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I await the forsaken day in which there are 5 enemies alive, and we just got aced
BUT ALAS
A KARTHUS ULT BECKONS ITS HEAD OVER THE HORIZON OF THE DEAD.

"ENEMY PENTA KILL" they will cry.
And then Karthus with his like -90% death time will just come out of no where and take the nexus.
I once saw a Mordekaiser land a triple from the grave with his shield on a creep.

S

smash brawl player 99021

i got a Teemo quadra kill before...
my screaming broke the mic on my turtle beaches. >.>

vayne is free this week. good thing i just got skyrim.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hey tournament captains. Just a friendly reminder to send me your draft lists by Wednesday.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll enter the tournament if someone drops out or it isn't too late. If not oh wells.

Top Bottom