• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Question:

Which is better, AD Teemo or Ap Teemo? Why? I have tried both. I like AP better.
Hybrid

Mejai's is only worth it if you can get a lot of kills or assists without dying. And even at 20 stacks the only real advantage it has over legendary items is that it's retardedly cost efficient.
If you're doing that well in the game, you don't need Mejai's.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Watching you feed and still win your lane makes me cry. :(
But watching your GP feed 2-6 then end positive makes me pull my hair out.
You so lucky my maokai is boss.
lolol. I pooped on that kass even though he had a bunch of kills. I still had like, 2-3 times his CS all ****ing game. I mean, the real question is though, how the hell did Zac get to plat and still have no ****ing clue how Yorrick works? lolololol.

you kits too goot. lotsa fun playing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mogwai, we ALL question how he got to Plat loool. I will die an old man still asking that.

I'll probably remember Mrs. Mayward too.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Zac doesn't know ANYTHING. But still wrecks kids. ****'s crazy.

Maokai always been sleeper. I still think he's better in lane than in jangle, though.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Hybrid

If you're doing that well in the game, you don't need Mejai's.
Well if you go Lebonk and know you have to win at 20 min, stacking a mejai's is a good way to crush the opposing team's morale.

Though I agree that it's a pretty bad item in general.

Also by hybrid I assume you mean AS/on-hit?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I like Maokai as mid, not top. He has burst to match most mids and can juke a heavy nuke w/ good snare usage.

He's also superior to Galio for poke comps, and not entirely ult reliant. Plus he can clear a whole creep wave with one little ****** and then has super strong lane ganks.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
The Sheen and Triforce is my mistake...

Mejai's I took because I had a amplifying tome and I'm cheap so I just upgraded to that (and cuz I saw it on a AP Teemo guide on mobafire EDIT: I mean Leaugecraft)

I know I'm not good at improvising builds yet, still workin on that
Both leaguecraft and mobafire are cesspools of horrible builds.

Question:

Which is better, AD Teemo or Ap Teemo? Why? I have tried both. I like AP better.
AD. AP Teemo is basically hard countered by oracles and as such kinda sucks if the opposing team ever catches on to your shenanigans.

Teemo should build a tanky on-hit build for split pushing along and winning 1v1s. Wriggle's -> Malady (optional) -> Wit's End -> Phage -> Frozen Mallet + Bloodrazor -> GA or something like that. I like Wriggle's + Wit's End + Frozen Mallet + Bloodrazor + GA as my final build most games (Wriggle's just too good. Used to go bloodthirster later in the game in that slot, but I have a hard time getting lifesteal outside of wriggle's these days, the item is just too good).

I like Maokai as mid, not top. He has burst to match most mids and can juke a heavy nuke w/ good snare usage.

He's also superior to Galio for poke comps, and not entirely ult reliant. Plus he can clear a whole creep wave with one little ****** and then has super strong lane ganks.
I disagree. Galio has better pokes on lower CDs and better sustain. He's miles above Maokai for poking. Galio is better at poking and better at the onset of a teamfight, but Maokai provides much better peeling presence throughout long teamfights and can jungle/gank harder.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yeah, Maokai Q and W are nuts for teamfighting. Low cooldown interrupts with a healthy slow, and bulky durability. Past 30 minutes I'm pretty sure nobody really cares about saplings.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Maokai doesn't even have to be remotely close to them to poke with Saplings (200 greater range than Resolute Smite), which have ridiculous base damage and ratio.

And then as said, he provides more utility in a teamfight (that is prolonged) while having some innate tankiness while inside his ultimate and a little built in sustain.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Sapling is by far his weakest ability. I don't know what games you watched, but nobody in those games played with TSM gave a **** about saplings past 30 minutes.

Galio is most likely better to solo queue with considering he'll never lose a lane. Maokai can feed your lanes kills all day, it doesn't matter if those lanes suck a chode and can't carry you.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Maokai doesn't even have to be remotely close to them to poke with Saplings (200 greater range than Resolute Smite), which have ridiculous base damage and ratio.

And then as said, he provides more utility in a teamfight (that is prolonged) while having some innate tankiness while inside his ultimate and a little built in sustain.
Saplings take longer to get from Maokai to the target and go after minions once they get there.

His sustain is less usable than bulwark in a poke battle (by a mile).

He only has one poke, instead of two like Galio.

I just don't get the comparison here, Galio's just a better poker and you're wrong, sorry.

But I already acknowledged his advantages in teamfights and in ganking harder. So yea, there you go, that's my take on it and I think that's pretty accurate.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sapling is by far his weakest ability. I don't know what games you watched, but nobody in those games played with TSM gave a **** about saplings past 30 minutes.

Galio is most likely better to solo queue with considering he'll never lose a lane. Maokai can feed your lanes kills all day, it doesn't matter if those lanes suck a chode and can't carry you.
I don't know if you missed a whole chunk of conversation, but we're talking about AP Maokai. Not jungle tanky Maokai.

Guess what, some people don't just emulate what they watch on streams.

Vyke

Smash Champion
oh, AP Maokai

lol

Edit: totally rude I know. I never really viewed AP Maokai as much of anything, but he was fun for the few games I played him. I just never liked dying really fast on a character with an up-close and personal kit.

Do enough damage as regular Maokai.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Maokai got everything you really want in a jungler, clear jungles fast, got a ton of CC, don't need much farm etc etc.
This is also why he kind of works as aggressive support.

@Vyke - All of Maokai's ratios are like 0.7+ (except Q which is 0.6, I believe). That's hella good ratios for building AP. Get RoA and you'll be pretty survivable in your ult AoE. If you're still too squishy you can grab Abyssal or Hourglass before Deathcap, but generally it's unnecessary if you use your ult right.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Galio neither wins nor loses any lanes. He just sits there and farms and that's all there is to it.
NASUS

if she's being played well, I'm pretty sure no one can beat her.
Don't you play Irelia? She beat nida even before the nerfs bro.

Cait and MF poop on her.
Akali beat her before the akali nerfs. dunno about now.
Yorick does fine.
Tryndamere either beats her or goes even. Then poops on her later regardless.
She beats just about everyone else though. o.o

Not to mention this game isn't just about 1v1s. A single early top gank can really set her back. She's less threatening than AP nida elsewhere on the map before you get really tanky.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'm pretty aware.

I'd rather just have an actual AP Caster in his place.

That's not really an argument towards wanting to play him, of course... I just don't see the reason to play him that way considering his damage falls off late compared to characters actually... I guess... meant to play that way.

Edit: Man, not being able to beat three people that you'll reliably see top. Must be hard for Nidalee.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
lol, I guess. Galio puts him on his tower and he doesn't get as much Q farm as he otherwise would. It's not an end of the world matchup, it's just a matchup where nasus doesn't get denied very much CS.

Don't you play Irelia? She beat nida even before the nerfs bro.

Cait and MF poop on her.
Akali beat her before the akali nerfs. dunno about now.
Yorick does fine.
Tryndamere either beats her or goes even. Then poops on her later regardless.
She beats just about everyone else though. o.o

Not to mention this game isn't just about 1v1s. A single early top gank can really set her back. She's less threatening than AP nida elsewhere on the map before you get really tanky.
Irelia barely wins vs. Wriggle's -> Atmog's Nidalee. And like, I dunno, maybe it was just misplays the last time I played it, but it didn't feel like I could spec properly against her damage or outsustain her the last time I played it.

I don't believe you vs. Cait and MF. Sustain too hard.

Akali would get ***** I think, but what do I know.

Yorrick wouldn't win. Nidalee's real sustain. Yorrick loses to real sustain because he needs to dump his spells on people and if they just don't care about it, they can just stand there and fight him and while that happens, he misses CS because ghouls just fight champions and don't get CS for him. That's my experience of Yorrick vs. Irelia/Udyr/WW anyway and I don't see how tank/AD Nidalee is any different.

Still not impressed with Trynd. Maybe that's just me though.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
GENTLEMEN

AFTER A LONG HIATUS, I HAVE RETURNED.

so yeah, i haven't played since the patch before the graves patch.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
What makes me mad about atmogs nid is I used to play it all the time but people were like Y'ALL STUPID CYANIDE BUILD AP :mad:

and now good people say its good

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What makes me mad about atmogs nid is I used to play it all the time but people were like Y'ALL STUPID CYANIDE BUILD AP :mad:

and now good people say its good
Did you forget about the part where AP Nidalee got horrendously nerfed? B/c that would be why our opinions are different now.

Top Bottom