• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Shaya should draft me <3

also flashing through brands sear is the most lolz thing to do if you ever get in a situation like that.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I love waiting till there is 2 minions left and using my ult on whoever I'm mid against.

It's like a guaranteed 3 bounces.

Then you just sear>pillar and they are dead 99% of the time.

I've only had a few people flash through my sear, needless to say I was uber mad.

Also, worst thing ever.

When your skillshot/stun/whatever appears to hit enemy but just doesn't for whatever reason.

DUB

Smash Lord
Would rather have AP Amumu then all of the AP Shacos that were running around last week.

RAGE EDIT: Just Decoy and Flashed but Skarner still caught me.:( This character is getting annoying really fast.

DUB

Smash Lord
Skarner + GP for one of best top+jungle compositions. So much synergy. Might have to run that in duo Q sometimes, if I duo'd.

also, Pantheon mid will be FoTM in a couple weeks.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Skarner + GP for one of best top+jungle compositions. So much synergy. Might have to run that in duo Q sometimes, if I duo'd.
Why not jungle Skarner? Isn't he a much better jungler than GP?

DUB

Smash Lord
Yeah what Flutter said. After Raise Morale and Skarner's movespeed shenanigans he's basically Powerballing up to you. Even easier when GP can ulti.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I get ***** by cass as brand all day. its stupid how quick her q comes out, boots doesn't let me avoid it.

Edit - this is not an invitation to counter pick me with cass btw

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ryze has trouble with people that can play aggressively early on and beat him before he starts to scale well. Caster wise, Cass is probably his hardest MU because of her ability to poke zone and be faster than Ryze if her stuff lands. Zilean imo is also hard early on because his bomb range matches Q and beats Snare range, so he can double bomb before you can snare combo get away. Later on though, he kinda mows down most casters regardless because he gets to go tanky and "be the Ryze".

General rule of thumb: See Ryze, go Cass (if you actually know how to play her)

You can avoid it with boots, it's just not possible to circle around it in time to achieve what you need to. If you're going to harass her but can't afford to get hit, you gotta walk around the blast while she gets to back up or waddle around.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i've had a lot of success against ryze as brand

get a W level 1

get E>W level 2

if they don't pot, E>W level 3 ignite they die

at least, that's how it's gone my past few times against him.... and most anyone for that matter

brand OP

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
>_> So Galio top vs. AD Nid would work!?

I'm so distraught about that AD Nid.
;_;
-DD
I dunno, AD Nid is basically unstoppable. It's the whole, unstoppable force vs. immovable object thing, but tbh, given enough time I'm pretty sure that unstoppable force (AD Nid) would win unless Galio were super duper awesome about not getting forced back between his TP CDs.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean balancing a manaless hop isn't the easiest thing to do.

Vyke

Smash Champion
She has always been a nuisance. Pounce is the single most frustrating thing for me in a game. All of her other abilities I can deal with. I don't rage nearly as hard at taking half health from a half-***** spear, but constant pushing that's only punished by a coordinated team effort of four people takes the cake.

I really dislike that she promotes split-pushing because of that one ability.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I dunno, AD Nid is basically unstoppable. It's the whole, unstoppable force vs. immovable object thing, but tbh, given enough time I'm pretty sure that unstoppable force (AD Nid) would win unless Galio were super duper awesome about not getting forced back between his TP CDs.
Oh.
Well, looks like Nid just got bumped up on my "Champs to Buy" list.

Unless there are other solo tops that can deal with her better, like Udyr or GP or something.

-DD

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I really hope Riven keeps flying under the Radar for a while. I haven't had a bad Jungle game with Riven yet. I think I've only loss like 1 game with her too. and I know I've played atleast 15 now.

time to start jungling in ranked!

also I really wanna learn Fizz. sooooooo who has figured him out yet and what is he supposed to do? build/masteries/runes/etc.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
Question: Does queue dodging in ranked lower your elo and if so how does it work?

I do it occasionnaly and I'm under the impression that my elo goes down for no reason :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Queue Dodging in ranked is purposefully designed to make you lose elo, to discourage rampant dodging.

The only times you do not get a penalty are when Riot/the client is ****ing up. If you get DC'd in queue before champ select, but it still goes to champ select, most of the time it will let you dodge/relog with no penalty. Same if the client is being janky due to server problems.

Don't dodge ranked games. Even if you're probably gonna lose, you might as well get IP for it instead of instantly dropping.

AD Nidalee is annoying. Whoever got the genius idea of putting Wriggles on her deserves both a medal and a tongue thrashing because it's gay. Just scrap Wriggles. Make it the cow poo claw, free item that gives +1 AD but gives your champ a lingering brown green odor cloud. I'm tired of seeing a JUNGLING item on ****ing everything.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's 10 Elo lost per dodge. If you are still in placement/20 point matches, it might be worth it to take the hit. I should have dodged that Exhaust/Ignite Alistar yesterday :/

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have never really played a Nidalee that played very well.

Once I played a Nid that was ok in Tree line, and she was scary with her spears, keep in mind I didn't really know how to deal with her.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So remember how I was thinking I've just gotten too bad and was losing most of my game?

Yea, I'm pretty sure I was just getting real unlucky because I've been tearing stuff up the past couple days :)

[collapse="#Winning"]
[/collapse]

Yea, I know, most of them are normals, but it still feels good to see that every once in a while :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just laned with a pretty good fizz who tower dove and killed TWO enemeizzzzz

and he carried us (but it was even)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm new to teemo, and I had alot of money... and I had a RoA, but yea

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The Sheen and Triforce is my mistake...

Mejai's I took because I had a amplifying tome and I'm cheap so I just upgraded to that (and cuz I saw it on a AP Teemo guide on mobafire EDIT: I mean Leaugecraft)

I know I'm not good at improvising builds yet, still workin on that

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Question:

Which is better, AD Teemo or Ap Teemo? Why? I have tried both. I like AP better.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Mejai's is only worth it if you can get a lot of kills or assists without dying. And even at 20 stacks the only real advantage it has over legendary items is that it's retardedly cost efficient.

Vyke

Smash Champion
disregard maokai

see oddone play in tournament even though he's been playing tree for months

regard maokai

Top Bottom