• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Scaling around double at 18.

Flat vastly better for laning.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Scaling around double at 18.

Flat vastly better for laning.
At level 6 the scaling are slightly less than half-effective.

I guess it really depends on the matchup at hand. If you're mid vs AP and the enemy AP is all targeted nukes, I'd go flat, but if it's stuff you can dodge, I'd say go scaling for emphasis on late game.

Moral of the story: Just have two fo every rune page with MR on it: One with flat and one with scaling, use based on enemy teamcomp.

inb4IPjohns

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
WHat's the degree of difference between flat and scaling before 10? Is it large enough that flat is really better considering the gap later in the game?
Well, let's do some stats.

Scaling per level gets you 2.7 magic resist at level 18. Flat magic resist gives you 1.49 for the whole game. Assuming you have 9 of them (and only get glyphs) then that's 24.3 versus 13.41. How much of a difference is that?

Well, if your character has no other magic resist that'd be about a 19.4 percent reduction versus 11.5 percent, for a difference of about 7.9 percent.

But let's say your character has base 100 MR. That's about 55.4 percent vs. 53.1 percent, for a difference of about 2.3 percent.

Characters range from about 30 to 50 MR at level 18 with no items.

Edit: Crap, didn't see the "before 10." Gonna re-do the work.

Re-edit: Nah, looks like some of it has already been done. No real need.

voorhese

Smash Master
my friend and i trolled dual laning with me as shaco and him as karma. I pumped Q and he leveled shield, i would Q i and he would shield me then i would come out with the crit and it was silly. @ lvl 1 we drop someone to at least half right away, if i use summoner spells or we do it twice they die (with out me building damage, next time we try it instead of 5 pots and armor i will go with either dorans blade or the part of SotO to get early *** kills)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I await the day when I reach an elo that games are actually even and not determined in the first 5 minutes >_>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
that only happens at low elo where nobody pushes their level/farm advantage, and lots of games are decided by super-late-game teamfights
I'm at 1800 and this still happens often. >.>

Edit: So it's 5:41 a.m. right now, can't sleep, and I decide to put on a league stream. As soon as i click on wickd's stream to see what champ he's playing, I get flashbacks of
MEET ALLY.
:(:(:(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Zac. You went offline. :( I was enjoying watching you lane with Kennen.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Oh, btw... PMs went out to team captains for the tournament. We should have our teams drafted and finalized by this time next week.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So I'm Cho top, right? The opponent is AD Nid.

What do I do?

Because what I did was lose badly, and I feel like I shouldn't have done that.
-DD

Top Bottom