• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MacD

Banned via Administration
damn jpak calling out his team

someone make me AD better cause i suck and wanna carry my team

except my jungle always feed bot lane cause he fail ganks

HOW CAN I WIN THEN????

jpak

Smash Lord
jpak loves me C:
of course

Are there any champs in specific you want in order to achieve a certain team comp? Like gragas, yorick, karma?
I think every champ is viable in tourney play, however there are some I wouldn't play like Eve, Karma, Yi, Poppy, Twitch, Vlad, Warwick, and Xin. Probably a few more.

If you plan to play an uncommon champ that's fine but really you have to be really good at it. Like regi played leblanc and was able to use it a few games then gets banned. I think playing the really strong champs are a must for all teams like xerath and skarner. It's better they use a ban on it against you to save yourself a ban. A team ideally shouldn't be limited by "oh I can't play that champ even though it's really good here." This is why you see salce and regi playing a bunch of different champions.

You list ap and then someone tanky dps like yorick. I would just stick to one role because there are far too many champs to learn if you cover two roles, and each have their own intricate thing. When starting out, it's nice to say ya you can play 10 champs well, but it's better to be really good with 5 than just be good with 10 champs. Regi is past the "starting out" phase where it was just like gragas zilean cass.

Jpak breaking my heart in public now.

:phone:
HOW

HOW CAN I WIN THEN????
umm i thought of it is this way, either be nice and keep losing or just accept that there needs to be change and be mean :O

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

HOW CAN I WIN THEN????
Helping your team grab dragon quickly while enemy jungler grabs top helps >:(

@jpak - you ignore me when I say I can play lots of tops and then get excited when Zac says he can. Break my heart.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
jpak, I took your advice and started to try to learn more from solo queue. I have a blog where I record all my matches/stats/replays. It really helps, I've been winning games now C:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I still don't really know what I'm good at but

I've been doing pretty great in the jungle as of late...I can only jungle riven tho. =/ I think I'm going to learn jungle Lee though since I bought him a while ago.

shouldnt be hard.

Coney

Smash Master
decided i'd start playing ranked, thinking "okay what's the worst that could happen"

jesus ****ing christ

everyone wants to ban tryndamere
guy says "I CAN PLAY TRYN, XIN OR RENEKTON WHO DO I GO
last pick is veigar when we have a brand, he lanes with gangplank
i have to jungle cho to try to compensate
rammus goes 7-0 at top against xin

i knew this would happen

MacD

Banned via Administration
Helping your team grab dragon quickly while enemy jungler grabs top helps >:(

@jpak - you ignore me when I say I can play lots of tops and then get excited when Zac says he can. Break my heart.

i know i didn't say anything about that during the game last night, but that's one of my worst habits is "ok let's go do drag" or whatever, and i don't look at the mini map/peoples positions and i just finish farming the wave then go assuming i have the time when i don't

i swear i like zoned out last night, like i didn't hear the drag call till there were only 2 more creeps under my tower and then went the stupid way. idk, just out of it

OH WELL, NEXT TIME!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I seriously see no point in picking Skarner when Udyr exists. They are very similar, but Udyr is tankier, has a better shield, better steroids, better jungle, and considerably better damage all for free on a stupid cooldown with artificial mana costs.

I still play Skarner and he's still my main, but seriously, Udyr outclasses him in every way, except maybe cc, but Udyr's CC is practically constant and he's not useless for 1.75 seconds, so even that's arguable.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Skarner has higher base damage than Udyr and can actually outrun him with his shield (I believe, though you can't get the speedboost as often) plus he provides a perma-slow in AoE. An unstoppable mobile suppression (short of QSS) which can be on a sub 60 sec CD is quite strong.

D

Deleted member

I seriously see no point in picking Skarner when Udyr exists. They are very similar, but Udyr is tankier, has a better shield, better steroids, better jungle, and considerably better damage all for free on a stupid cooldown with artificial mana costs.

I still play Skarner and he's still my main, but seriously, Udyr outclasses him in every way, except maybe cc, but Udyr's CC is practically constant and he's not useless for 1.75 seconds, so even that's arguable.
OMG!! LMfaO!!!!!!

both are very very good though

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Got ma first penta kill!!! After 1400+ games!

I was Vayne and ulted in a team fight then went afk.

I was happy :D

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Weird. I read that exact same thing about Garen's ult on League wiki but it seems to have been removed from his tips section. But yeah that was like 4 months ago. Def not new. I don't think its going to get hotfixed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
what is there to hotfix? I can double flash np np

jpak

Smash Lord
i go to register jpak and friends
see its taken
look up who has it
a random person i removed from my friends list.............................

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Skarner is ridiculous. I was able to counter a 30/2/15 Vayne in ranked and hardcarry my team to victory.

Mobile supression is absolutely ********.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I got "Scoops" and "CurlehMustache" for team names because I couldn't think of anything better.
:[

-DD

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Tournament captains. We have enough for 11 teams so I'm offering Scamp a spot as a captain again. Also, Shaya stepped down and let Turazrok take over his team. If you have Turaz on your list and don't send me a correction, I will swamp Shaya into that slot. Please adjust your draft lists accordingly.

Top Bottom