• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Oh hey, SamuraiPanda... eat your heart out dude. Triple kill in lane with a single AP Gragas barrel. Mogwai witnessed it. It was glorious.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My best is a quadra with a regular barrel :X

And as for the Dota2 discussion earlier, I'm going to throw my hat in the "not very interested" camp. As far as I've heard, Dota2 is just Dota with a makeover. Same champs/items/balance/etc. Not interested in more of the same. Far more interested in something new.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah I honestly didn't think that Kog was coming back after he disconned and started a rather dumb build. Kleeck followed. The more I play this game the more I want to play starcraft 2 :(

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
It was a regular barrel. Mogwai's Ashe and I were pressing their middle tower. I hit Teemo and Kog with one at their tower to lower their health and then Rammus came spinning into the fray and started wailing on Mogwai. So I barreled him once, body slammed him, etc until he was low and then he started running back through the lane to their tower. So I lead him with a barrel and just as I did, Teemo and Kog came charging into lane and I caught all three of them in a single barrel. Man I love playing Gragas.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Can somebody just go create a HoN or DoTA thread, or something? Why don't we already have one on the boards?

Edit: zomg I saw the Dota 2 thread. Started by Iggy!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Go has 1 type of piece and basically 1 rule, place stones on an intersection. Chess has 6 different pieces, all of which have different ways to move and different amounts of each piece.

I think you should check your premises again as what defines a "simple" game.
Go has simpler rules, but is a much more complex game. The amount of positions available to Go is MUCH higher than Chess because of the much larger board and because of the permanence of moves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_complexity

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Elementz moved his tier list to his blog and updated: http://reignofelementz.com/tier-list/

He finally got smart and moved Sona up high in T1. Not surprised that he put as the best pick. Her utility is just insanely good right now. Good early harass, heals, speed to escape or chase, a huge AoE ult that disables, etc, etc...

More surprised by Corki being rated the #1 ranged carry now. I guess his damage output is just insanely high now. Looks like we'll be flooded with Corki tryhards now as people adjust to play by the list. Maybe fewer Mummy bans too, which will be nice.

Also finally wised up and moved MF into T1. He was delusional not having her there before. Her safety and harass are just too good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IDK bout Corki being the best carry in the game. He's got better farm than most, and probably a stronger 6ish early game than other carries, but idk.

N64

Smash Champion
Tried Zilean again for a few games. Broke my losing streak, is still super fun, and actually got me much success. First game, laned with a panth, oh god the ****. Here you go panth let me give you constant speed and bombs and also you can't die. Go kill everything.

I still have the most fun with aggressive support champs.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm banning Shaco now in my ranked games.

Not because he's OP or a strong pick, but because I just had a teammate who picked him and was garbage. Said he had a 72% win ratio with Shaco in ranked, went 4-9-2 and gave Twitch both jungle buffs right off the bat going for a kill on Garen. Chased him from Bot all the way through their jungle up to the outside wall of their base.

Im starting to question if rising up to a higher ELO requires going Jungler/Carry every single game, cause this is getting ridiculous.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Elementz moved his tier list to his blog and updated: http://reignofelementz.com/tier-list/

He finally got smart and moved Sona up high in T1. Not surprised that he put as the best pick. Her utility is just insanely good right now. Good early harass, heals, speed to escape or chase, a huge AoE ult that disables, etc, etc...

More surprised by Corki being rated the #1 ranged carry now. I guess his damage output is just insanely high now. Looks like we'll be flooded with Corki tryhards now as people adjust to play by the list. Maybe fewer Mummy bans too, which will be nice.

Also finally wised up and moved MF into T1. He was delusional not having her there before. Her safety and harass are just too good.
IDK bout Corki being the best carry in the game. He's got better farm than most, and probably a stronger 6ish early game than other carries, but idk.
Corki is hands down the best carry in the game after those buffs. The triple damage scaling on Big Ones is wtfbbqpwn redonkulous. He already hit like a ton of bricks when farmed, but had some early game issues due to valk being unreliable and high mana costs. Then they fixed all his lane problems and were like, "hey, you know what you need now that we've already made it easier for you to get to your best-damage-scaling-in-the-game phase? better damage scaling! On your 1200 range, AoE poke!" My first reaction was that he still wasn't as good as Ashe and Twitch, but after a few more games, holy ****, he's the best by a noticeable margin.

I honestly still don't buy MF as tier 1 tbh. I'd still rather have a good Ashe any day. MF's really great at playing Ranged DPS vs. Ranged DPS in lane, but her endgame scaling and utility vs. a team with an average amount of CC is just not that great. She's tier two for different reasons than Kog/Trist, but I see all three of them as comparably powerful. And twitch is better than all three, not sure who's better between him and Ashe.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I've decided to see if I can tank my way out of low ELO. When the game starts, I tell my captain that I'm going to play whatever top tier tank isn't banned. So that's Galio, Garen or Shen... or Mummy but he's banned in pretty much every game. Then I just try to be super reliable, ward stuff and keep the team organized. It helps that I'm usually alive at the end of teamfights, so I can either lead the team to push or take baron/dragon, rather than watching the group disband to heal/buy/push/jungle or whatever pops into their heads after we win something. Reliable tank + good leadership is a good combination. So far its working, but we'll see what happens when I break 1300 again.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Tried Zilean again for a few games. Broke my losing streak, is still super fun, and actually got me much success. First game, laned with a panth, oh god the ****. Here you go panth let me give you constant speed and bombs and also you can't die. Go kill everything.

I still have the most fun with aggressive support champs.
I don't like laning with Zil as Panth, but he's my bff in the mid-late game.

I've decided to see if I can tank my way out of low ELO. When the game starts, I tell my captain that I'm going to play whatever top tier tank isn't banned. So that's Galio, Garen or Shen... or Mummy but he's banned in pretty much every game. Then I just try to be super reliable, ward stuff and keep the team organized. It helps that I'm usually alive at the end of teamfights, so I can either lead the team to push or take baron/dragon, rather than watching the group disband to heal/buy/push/jungle or whatever pops into their heads after we win something. Reliable tank + good leadership is a good combination. So far its working, but we'll see what happens when I break 1300 again.
Good Jungling is actually the best way out of low elos IMO. If you just do cookie cutter longsword opening, blue -> wolves -> wraiths -> red -> small gols -> razor -> dragon WW every game, you'll win like 90% of your games under 1500 elo, it's pretty crazy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Corki is hands down the best carry in the game after those buffs. The triple damage scaling on Big Ones is wtfbbqpwn redonkulous. He already hit like a ton of bricks when farmed, but had some early game issues due to valk being unreliable and high mana costs. Then they fixed all his lane problems and were like, "hey, you know what you need now that we've already made it easier for you to get to your best-damage-scaling-in-the-game phase? better damage scaling! On your 1200 range, AoE poke!" My first reaction was that he still wasn't as good as Ashe and Twitch, but after a few more games, holy ****, he's the best by a noticeable margin.

I honestly still don't buy MF as tier 1 tbh. I'd still rather have a good Ashe any day. MF's really great at playing Ranged DPS vs. Ranged DPS in lane, but her endgame scaling and utility vs. a team with an average amount of CC is just not that great. She's tier two for different reasons than Kog/Trist, but I see all three of them as comparably powerful. And twitch is better than all three, not sure who's better between him and Ashe.
Triple scaling? His Big one only does Double damage, unless you were referring to the Big One Double Damage, AP, and AD as the 3 scales.

Corki has some advantages over other carries ofc. He has an escape which everyone but Trist lacks,, he handles CC and Exhaust much better that most because he can still output a ton of damage without attacks, he can detect wards and stealth champs for free, and he decimates armor for free... IDK that IS a long list of positives lol. It just feels like some are still better than him even after the generous buffs.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Had a couple games on monday where a Kogmaw on my team kept his red buff after dying. Anyone else see this glitch before?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
It also seems like the first time the creeps spawn, it isn't consistent, I've had double golem spawn at 1:31, normal minions spawn before 1:30, and etc.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I noticed they screwed with the jungle spawns too. The other day blue buff spawned at 1:48, when it used to ALWAYS ALWAYS spawn at 1:55. I thought maybe they had patched it so it spawned sooner, but I think they slightly randomized the spawn times. I dunno WHY they would do that. It doesn't protect the jungler from ganks, nor does it necessarily help them jungle that much faster. Just kinda seems random.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Riot: Stealth Nerfs to Jungle Gameplay to make it less core to LoL games???

Wouldn't be the first time they changed something and didn't mention it on purpose.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Oh hey... I hit 6300 IP again today. Gotta make some decisions:

Buy:
- Miss Fortune, Kennen, Kog Maw, Malzahar or Swain for 6300
- Buy Poppy/Urgot, Urgot/Olaf or Olaf/Poppy
- OR finally get proper runes for Shen

thoughts?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Stock up on top tiers. Galio, Taric, Sona, Mumu, Morgana, Janna, etc

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Oh yeah, I should mention those are the only champions I don't currently own. Except for Nidalee, but somehow she got removed from my store and I can't buy her in any way. :( Sent a report to Riot about that but ah... you know how well they do about getting back on support queries.

But yeah, I own all the other champs except for those eight listed above.

Also of note:

- I am tanking/jungling my way out of a low ELO, which is why Olaf is an attractive pick for me... but I already jungle Mummy, Nunu, Shen & Warwick pretty well, so I'm not sure I need to pick him up at the moment.

- Kog/MF are top tier picks I could consider getting because they are good to have in ranked games, even just to trade away to someone lower in the pick order than me... but I don't really play carries so I won't get a lot of play out of either of them unless I happen to run into a group of players that all love to play tanks/supports and NEED me to carry.

- Kennen looks fun, but I think he'll probably have a long learning curve and people will rage at me for playing him.

Top Bottom