• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
what runes are you looking to get for Shen?
Armor and MRes, not sure about flat or per-level yet. I would probably run MPen reds, Armor yellows, MRes blues and flat health quints. This gives me great opening stats for solo'ing a lane if necessary and then the MPen works towards my early game vorpal blade and late game sunfire damage.

I already own the MPen reds and Quints, so all I need are the blues and yellows.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh hey... I hit 6300 IP again today. Gotta make some decisions:

Buy:
- Miss Fortune, Kennen, Kog Maw, Malzahar or Swain for 6300
- Buy Poppy/Urgot, Urgot/Olaf or Olaf/Poppy
- OR finally get proper runes for Shen

thoughts?
Buy Gragas again. Twice.

Btw, fun fact about Shen: All of his damage is magic damage. People seem to not realize this and still go with armor pen even if he's just laning (in the jungle armor pen makes more sense, of course).

In other news, Livestream finally released the pre-beta where they fixed the bug preventing me from using procaster. I can stream again whenever I want now. The only question is when that may be :X

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Who didn't know all of Shen's damage is magic?

I might compromise... get Olaf and then start getting my Shen runes. That way I still get a champion and I further expand my rune collection. Skrmmmm... will have to do some math and then make a good decision.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So many people have no idea.

Btw, I'm back to 1700+ again. Although to be back where I was before (top 100) I have to get another 130 ELO :( . But hey, at least the players aren't nearly as bad anymore.

I may start streaming again sometime later tonight or tomorrow. Not entirely sure just yet.

Vyke

Smash Champion
JP: Mordekaiser, you're an enigma both in and out of the arena. What draws you away from the Field of Justice to pursue this surprising side-project?

M: My Fans. I am drawn to their disease.

JP: You mean their feverish love of this Techma-Tune music?

M: No.

Oh, Babaganoosh, you cad.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
That thread was depressing. It's like reading all the SC2 noobs on TL "Wait, you can micro like that?" Even though there's been like 6+ years of a Pro Scene in Korea with micro and macro that would make their tiny little heads explode.

Elementz's Tier List is bad. Obvious "easy to play" effective heroes are ranked highly, less obvious or more niche characters are ranked lower. Yawn.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Guinsoo said:
If you guys want to see my jungle singed build you can look up RiotGuinsoo, I have a jungle Singed rune page. Masteries I usually go something like either 9/11/10ish, or 1/14/15. First setup gets me Archaic Knowledge, all of the -dmg stuff at the top of defense, and increased duration on buffs. Second setup loses Archaic Knowledge but gains 2/4 Veteran's Scars and 3/3 Quickness. (or 4/4 Veteran's Scars and 1/3 Quickness, or somewhere in there).

What's nice about jungle Singed to me is he has the same jungle build as lane build. At 4 very few champs can escape ghost/Mega Adhesive/Fling/Lizard/poison trail kite. If anyone.

Unfortunately he can't really do dragon until level 7 but gank bottom at 4 and kill both and have bottom help you dragon

A big part of jungle Singed is learning when to move to the next camp while the monsters are still alive (so they kill themselves on your poison trail). If you don't you will take too much damage and go too slow. When properly executed, enemies die while leashing back. Took me a bunch of practice games.
Just in case anyone was still looking for Jungle Singed stuff.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Elementz's Tier List is bad. Obvious "easy to play" effective heroes are ranked highly, less obvious or more niche characters are ranked lower. Yawn.
You're dumb, by the way. You completely missed the entire point of what his tier list even means in a game like LoL. I don't understand where your cockiness is coming from to make you think that you know better than top players. Its like the people who keep saying things like "lololol berserker greaves are sooo bad!!11!" and stick to that opinion even when zerks were an absurdly common item seen in WCG. What makes your opinion more valid than a player like Elementz? He's proven himself to be amongst the top skilled players in the game, being on the winning team at wcg and all.

And note, I disagree with some placings here and there, and feel like his tier list is less accurate the lower it goes, but in no way do I think its bad by any means.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You're dumb, by the way. You completely missed the entire point of what his tier list even means in a game like LoL. I don't understand where your cockiness is coming from to make you think that you know better than top players. Its like the people who keep saying things like "lololol berserker greaves are sooo bad!!11!" and stick to that opinion even when zerks were an absurdly common item seen in WCG. What makes your opinion more valid than a player like Elementz? He's proven himself to be amongst the top skilled players in the game, being on the winning team at wcg and all.

And note, I disagree with some placings here and there, and feel like his tier list is less accurate the lower it goes, but in no way do I think its bad by any means.
It's bad in a vague subjective sense. Obviously as a good player he understands the game and knows which heroes are good and which aren't that good. As a tier list goes, that's all one can ask for.

Strictly speaking, however, he is one person. He has opinions and perspective like everyone else. By the very fact that he is only one person I can statistically say that he is wrong at least in some way. My personal opinion is that I don't care, tier lists are usually meaningless for the very reason they exist.

Look at Rock-Paper-Scissors. What's the tier list for that?

Rock's point of view:
Paper OP
Rock is fine
Scissors UP

Paper's point of view:
Scissor OP
Paper is fine
Rock UP

Scissor's point of view:
Rock OP
Scissors fine
Paper UP

You're contradicting yourself by the way; you disagree with it but you say it's not bad. So then, is it good? Obviously not if you think there are errors in it. (This makes you more dumb than me, but I'm not so niave as to take offense to a properly used word lol)

[Edit] Whoops, this post makes no sense. Oh well.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It's bad in a vague subjective sense. Obviously as a good player he understands the game and knows which heroes are good and which aren't that good. As a tier list goes, that's all one can ask for.

Strictly speaking, however, he is one person. He has opinions and perspective like everyone else. By the very fact that he is only one person I can statistically say that he is wrong at least in some way. My personal opinion is that I don't care, tier lists are usually meaningless for the very reason they exist.

Rock's point of view:
Paper OP
Rock is fine
Scissors UP

Paper's point of view:
Scissor OP
Paper is fine
Rock UP

Scissor's point of view:
Rock OP
Scissors fine
Paper UP

You're contradicting yourself by the way; you disagree with it but you say it's not bad. So then, is it good? Obviously not if you think there are errors in it. (This makes you more dumb than me, but I'm not so niave as to take offense to a properly used word lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

Rock's point of view:
Paper OP
Rock is fine
Scissors UP

Paper's point of view:
Scissor OP
Paper is fine
Rock UP

Scissor's point of view:
Rock OP
Scissors fine
Paper UP

There's a level of subjectivity, hence why he can disagree at some points and still more or less approve of the tier list. I feel the same way about it for whatever that's worth, though tbh, I think Corki is even stronger than Sona atm.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Even with a lot of opinions, tier lists aren't ever truly perfect. Elementz has a good grasp of the high level game and he's said all along that this is his opinion, not necessarily fact. It's just his view of the current meta from the top of rankings.

Apart from that, I think your original criticism of his list is silly. His list is about the utility of each pick, right? So yes, easier to play, higher utility champs are going to sit near the top of the list because in any given team comp, these champs fit in more easily and have a bigger impact. The more nuanced champions or ones that fit a niche roll are naturally going to be lower on the list. Why? Because you aren't going to generally make them first picks. They fit specific roles, so you wait for the team comp to come together before those champs are more viable as picks.

Think about it this way: Would you be upset with a player first-picking Fiddle and leaving champs like Morgana, Garen, Sona, etc for the other team to take? The answer if probably yes because Fiddle is a low probability pick that someone in the last two spots could pick for him. You'd probably rather him pick a stronger or higher utility champ for someone else first and then swap. That's the essence of Elementz tier list and any other legit one for a game like LoL.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It all makes sense now.

UP paper>OP rock, so clearly scissor is the epitome of high level LoL play.

;p

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i just played with the most annoying people i have ever played with

and it was a premade in house?

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think the real point I should try to make it...

Nobody cares how right, or how knowledgeable you are if you're a total ****.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I don't really care if anyone is right about something. If they are, then there's not to much to say. If somebody is wrong, I'll at least try to make an attempt to correct something.

But there isn't any point in arguing about opinions. If you can prove something through numbers, sure, just be sure the math isn't off. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So I was like 1730 last night, but today I just kept losing game after game. It was just ****** allies over and over again... The last game I lost was because our horrendous Warwick REFUSED to let our Kassadin (who was mid and was carrying us) get blue buff even once in a 45 minute game. Kassadin BEGGED ww near the end to let him get blue, but ww didn't care. Of course it turned out Kass was 300 ELO higher than ww.

Then the last game I played was an incredibly unfulfilling 10 minute game that we won because the other team had 2 AFKers (one discon and one person who just refused to do a 4v5). I swear, MM just enjoys screwing with me. It gives me a taste of what halfway decent allies are like, just to drag me back down to garbage ELO in a series of horrible games.

I seriously wish I played characters that were a little less dependent on your teammates not being complete ******* (i.e. junglers... I guess?)...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah... Perhaps you should go... JUNGLE PIRATE!
Its actually very possible. I just enjoy denying lanes too much, though.

Hm... I bet if I tried hard enough I could figure out jungle patterns where I do a creep camp, deny a cannon minion from one of the solo lanes, then move on to the next camp. And it'd be soooo hard to run from a ganking pirate with red buff (Parley applies the slow :p). But meh, that'd just take too much time to figure out :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yes and no. Its very situational.

Also, you don't have many assists. Thats not a very good thing. Most of the time spreading the money among the team is best, assuming you aren't a hard carry.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I hate solo queue. I really do.

I **** my lane as GP super hard. Our Twitch dies to MF twice. I switch with him only to discover she has 100 cs to his 20 and has a bf sword. I still kill her (with just a wriggles :3). Twitch then dies to the lane I *****.

No matter what I do, I can't carry these *******.

Top Bottom