• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
i was gonna buy trundle but he's free this week! :D let's see if he's as underrated as people say...
Where does it say the free champs again?

I bought trundle and yes he is under powered but FUN to use. The only way I see him good is when you gank a lot for kills.

john!

Smash Hero

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Didn't need to, lol.

If I had bought another resistance item (I had ~155 armor and ~165 mag resist), it would have maybe increased my resistance to either form of damage by ~5%.
And I had >4k HP.
I died once, and it was in lane phase.

With Malady, I lowered enemy mag resist by a fair amount so you, Poppy, and Zolga, Brand, could blow them up faster, not to mention make vorpal spikes do more damage (also helped out with the +50% AS).

I was doing enough damage with rupture, DFG, silence, bite. But I was able to sustain damage (my autos were doing a lot of mag damage) with Malady.
I was able to take out creep waves with about 4-5 auto-attacks at around 1.25 AS. It also helped me kill Heimer turrets fast without wasting spells/mana.

Okay, "Not good." But in THAT game, it worked so wonderfully. Malady synergizes just well enough.
Okay, DFG is also "not good" on Cho.
But screw it.
It's fun as a barrel of monkeys.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
>first pick
> say im going ad ezreal, but pirate is free so i grab him for our last pick
> I tell him he needs to go tanky
> he goes pure dps for the first 12k gold. Has a negative score.

> we're winning but GP got focussed and insta died in 2 team fights in a row that the enemy got baron for, and after the barons insta died in the next 2 team fights which cost us the game.

> gp player will NOT ACCEPT that going squishie as pirate was dumb as ****.
> blames me for going positive with ezreal and actually kiting/doing stuff in team fights and somehow pulling us through 4v5 team fights earlier (he pretty much insta died in every fight, but earlier on we came out on top).

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

I usually don't rage... but I'm NEVER EVER giving gp to someone who says they're going dps EVER again.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I missed Mogwais heal comp? sadness washes over me

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Pretty sure DD is the Ego Ignaxio of Akali... which I guess isn't really terrible comparatively.
Yeah except Kennen can suck a duck.
Akali rules.

I'm saving up ip (2956) for Akali and just wanted to know your experience using her.
Shes the most fun champion in the game if you like ****** someone and then disappear into the night so they can't hold you accountable. Or if you like dominating your lane with super-precise calculation and heavy punishment of mistakes, regardless of if they use flash or not[unless they flashed over a wall. :(]

I wouldn't mind teaching you Akali and stuff. But if you do bad I'll probably get all over you for it. Which is great, because if I didn't get all over myself for doing badly, I wouldn't have gotten better.

-DD

BunBun

Smash Master
Yeah except Kennen can suck a duck.
Akali rules.

Shes the most fun champion in the game if you like ****** someone and then disappear into the night so they can't hold you accountable. Or if you like dominating your lane with super-precise calculation and heavy punishment of mistakes, regardless of if they use flash or not[unless they flashed over a wall. :(]

I wouldn't mind teaching you Akali and stuff. But if you do bad I'll probably get all over you for it. Which is great, because if I didn't get all over myself for doing badly, I wouldn't have gotten better.

-DD
The night of 8/12, we're playing a lot. Just FYI.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Can someone please tell me what the point of Shen is?

He does zero damage at any point in the game.
He has godawful disruption.
His tankiness isn't good at all compared to real tanks.
He gets kited like a boss.

I just... don't know why he even exists.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Can someone please tell me what the point of Shen is?

He does zero damage at any point in the game.
He has godawful disruption.
His tankiness isn't good at all compared to real tanks.
He gets kited like a boss.

I just... don't know why he even exists.
What Shaya said, and he was also created in a time where Riot believe in true tanks. See also: Rammus (though even Rammy does more damage, poor Shen)

Rad

Smash Ace
How does the match-making work for when you aren't level 30? It feels like I'm a lot better than most people I'm placed against even though I'm terrible. Like... really terrible.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Im in love with warmongs atmas combo on gp. I finally got runes and jungle ww is pretty fun (been playing him because i got the firefang skin on sale.) Idk who i want to try playing next. I have plenty of champs (both champ bundles) just dont knowwho to use now.

Champs i feel confident with atm are ww, gp, and annie. Annie is by far my best hero.

Anyone want to throw out a hero suggestion/build cause idk im kind of stuck atm. :/

:phone:

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I'm not really mad at you Zolga. Stuff happens. Let's play for fun and try to enjoy ourselves. Win, Lose or disconnect.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm curious on how to lane against an Urgot. I got him in top with Rumble and got stomped like never before.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Dont get hit by his e, getting close by a tower is a bad idea as well when he has his ult up
His auto attack range is pretty lolz bad

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
actually against urgot:

you want to exploit the biggest weakness that he has, which is early mana problems.
after he has tear of the goddess and has stacked it for 5 minutes, getting chain vest isnt going to help you that much, caue youre going to get hit a lot, and the armor really wont matter.

the best thing to do is try and get to him between levels 2-7. Thats when he's relatively weak, and where you actually have a chance of killing him.

also if u dont kill him or way outfarm him, hes going to **** you. its just the champion.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends on what lane he's in. If you have a strong ganking jungler, get them to gank him pre 6 or right at 6 if you have a devastating ult.

If you are positive you are laning against Urgot, probably start out with boots. Especially if you're a ranged carry, there's no point starting D Blade vs him. You're better off with the pot regen and being faster to try and avoid his attacks better.

Top Bottom