• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
1. What are the general strategies involving early game, mid game, late game?

2. What are the most important things to know so as to not be 'shocked' playing 3v3s

3. Where should you ward?

4. Which characters are the best to use and why?
4a. Team compositions

5. How awesome is Akali on Twisted Treeline?
These are basically all the questions I would ever need answered about TT.

-DD

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Probably going to buy wukong today...My friend went 23/0/9 with him a few games ago and I was inspired (I Mean I was orianna though and through my shield on him and did an Explosion combo whilst it was on him but STILL.)

Had a Question (or a Theory?)

I've been building Orianna Double Dring -> Tear -> deathcap -> morellos (with lucidity boots worked somewhere in between)

but Like I never seem to build the Tear into AA staff so Recently I've been replacing Tear with Chalice (the PIMP CUP!)

good switch orrrrrr?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Probably going to buy wukong today...My friend went 23/0/9 with him a few games ago and I was inspired (I Mean I was orianna though and through my shield on him and did an Explosion combo whilst it was on him but STILL.)

Had a Question (or a Theory?)

I've been building Orianna Double Dring -> Tear -> deathcap -> morellos (with lucidity boots worked somewhere in between)

but Like I never seem to build the Tear into AA staff so Recently I've been replacing Tear with Chalice (the PIMP CUP!)

good switch orrrrrr?
I mean, the pro solution is that you're the ****ing AP carry so don't build mana or CDR and instead just get blue buff. that aside, yea, sure, I guess you can build your own blue buff via Lucidity, NMST's Tome and Chalice.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I build them when we do our unstoppable 4 support + jungler strategy but that's just because Karma needs the blue buff less than Taric/Sona when you're all pushing mid at 12 minutes.
That team is the best. You should stream the next time we do that.

WW
Soraka
Taric

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Got Wukong and played a few rounds with him with good success. Won my solo top lane both times and had fun. Sadly he's just not brilliant, even though he's pretty consistent. I did discover one fun thing though. He is basically a strong counter to Xin Zhao's lane dominance because every time he jumps you, just pop Decoy and walk away while he takes damage from the clone. You can also bait him into ganks really easily since you can leap on him in a "disadvantageous" position, decoy out of his damage and then help your jungler take his face off.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean, the pro solution is that you're the ****ing AP carry so don't build mana or CDR and instead just get blue buff. that aside, yea, sure, I guess you can build your own blue buff via Lucidity, NMST's Tome and Chalice.
I'm still not the greatest at saying "can I get that blue buff" whenever the jungler is already there

also

I don't FEEL like an AP carry...I feel just like some kind of Damage amplifier because this is what usually happens in a team fight

the Tank (which I usually want to be amumu or Leona) does whatever move that pulls them in and ends up getting focused

I throw My shield on them then Pop W->R combo and then Just Q all day to kite people

The rest of my team pretty much cleans up whats left after that damage explosion

I've never really found myself doing a 1v1 with pretty much anybody. my scores are always positive so i don't feel like im doing it wrong though.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
DotA 2 tournament officially confirmed even though we more or less knew it was happening :D I'm excited.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I go sideline

I'll try mid today. (last time I went mid I got ***** by an ezreal...I just don't know how to beat that fgt ever since he got buffed)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Truth, I didn't want to super derail the LoL topic as I know that makes some people salty, but at the same time I can't ****ing wait for this.

Also confirmed for a 2011 launch on the DotA2 blog.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Still waiting to see if they're going to make it F2P. Just wish DotA games weren't so long. Would make it easier for me to play even if I do get it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Don't know if I'll go back to Dota after becoming so accustomed to league

but...techies...

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Still waiting to see if they're going to make it F2P. Just wish DotA games weren't so long. Would make it easier for me to play even if I do get it.
They aren't really that long. Most competitive games are only 30-45 minutes, I don't think that's a substantial difference from LoL.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not like I play either game at the competitive level. Most of my LoL games tend to take 30ish, whereas most of my DotA games used to last into the hour mark.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
For me personally, most of my DotA/HoN games take around 15-45 minutes. Most of my LoL games take about 20-45 minutes. It's virtually the same game length.

I have no idea what you'd be doing to have hour long games consistently.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
There has been no confirmation on price point. The only time price and DotA have been mentioned; Gabe was talking about how he wishes he could do some ridiculous system where people that aren't ****s can play for free, but an ****** would have to pay $100 to voice chat.

And I don't think anything can really be garnered from that.

Top Bottom