• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
There's no PA equivalent in HoN. I wouldn't realy say there's any akali equivalent, there's a hard carry that has a dash and a single target slow, with a buff that makes your auto attacks do more damage and silence. But hard carry doesn't really compare to akali.

But, since you got an account you paid for, you get all the heroes for free forever instead of having to pay for them. Which is something you can't even buy anymore, so not too bad for $10.
Yeah, I one of my friends told me this.

I still have no desire to even try playing though. :3
I don't even feel like playing LoL right now, really.

I just wanna work on stuff.
;_; But I have nothing to work on.
-DD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
except that this is a pretty big White Flag from S2 that basically says they know they're dead in the water and just wanna monetize as best they can while they're still around.
Well, the general consensus has been that DotA 2 will probably wreck it. A large portion of the people that started playing HoN just wanted DotA 2, and that's what it was originally marketed as.

At any rate, it's a free game you can always just try it. If you like it you can still play HoN and LoL, and if you dislike it you can always just uninstall it. there's no law stating you can only play one DotA-type game, I still play all three I just play DotA far more than any of the others.

_Dice

Smash Ace
yea, I'm just saying that I'm skeptical of whether those $10 will really feel worth it because I think HoN looks like it's going under as soon as DotA2 comes out.
i feel LoL will take a large hit as well. for one i'm never touching this POS again once dota2 is out :)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
yea, I'm just saying that I'm skeptical of whether those $10 will really feel worth it because I think HoN looks like it's going under as soon as DotA2 comes out.
Yeah, it really does depend on when DotA 2 will come out. There still hasn't been any word on its release since it's original announcement of 2011, which I'd love to think will be the case but have no hope for that.

The next piece of information we'll get in a few weeks at gamescom. where valve is showing something, and I can only imagine it being DotA.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Picking up Alistar. Tips on tanking and him in general?

I'm looking for a hero that can make up for 1-2 bad teammates.

:phone:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Tanking tips:
Build Gp5 items.

If you're initiating, make sure everyone knows it/can do something after you do it, otherwise you wasted time/mana/CDs/etc.

If you're being initiated on, save your CDs for when they get close to your carries, and do everything in your power to keep them safe.

-DD

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Had an intentional troll in my last game. Has first pick and instalocks Rally/Revive Twitch and calls mid.
Nobody wanted to dodge, so I figured I mine as well have some fun with this game.
I have second pick and call solo top with Teleport/Revive Master Yi.
We had five of the other team's towers by 25 minutes in when they surrendered.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Wait till you get targeted or CCed to use your ult ofc.

Flash-> Q into group-> headbutt squishy into your team is a pretty standard combo on him.

Generally, only use your spells when you know the CC is gonna help your teammates. Don't think about it in terms of damage done.

Alistar often times acts more as an off-tank-support than an actual initiating tank. headbutt people away from your carries. Q them up, etc.

And lastly, PLAY WITH US. oxygen.typefrag.com

come hang out. we play often.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I want to run a team full of troll builds that actually work so the enemy team feels entirely flabergasted as to how they lost.

I want to play with SWF more :( I wish I could get on Vent more often...

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
I want to run a team full of troll builds that actually work so the enemy team feels entirely flabergasted as to how they lost.

UHHHH NO ONE WILL EVER BE FLABBERGASTED THAT THEY LOST

They will always know for certain that it was their team that made them lose. Enough said

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
UHHHH NO ONE WILL EVER BE FLABBERGASTED THAT THEY LOST

They will always know for certain that it was their team that made them lose. Enough said
I wish everyone on SWF played LoL because I would sig this in a heartbeat. btw, i haven't seen you here before. Nice entrance.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord

Three people in my team argued about who gets mid lane in character select. I got mad and claimed mid with AP battle soraka.

This is how my team responded:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Master Yi, Xin Zhao, Kogmaw, Annie, Poppy, Warwick, Gangplank, Vayne, Caitlyn, and Corki.

Atleast in my own personal opinion they're OP...
You know....I haven't heard anyone crying out for KogMaw buffs in a long time, since he got his last set of buffs. This must mean he's secretly OP again. Anyone else have an opinion here?
Three people in my team argued about who gets mid lane in character select. I got mad and claimed mid with AP battle soraka.

This is how my team responded:

That's the sort of stuff I'd like to see :)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=910942
hope this shaco ult change goes through cause it would be so fun to use <3
That'd be pretty cool actually.
Cleverbot impressed me today...

LoLers have gotten Cleverbot's Mordekaiser knowledge down to a science. Just say "Hue" to it.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Does anyone else ever play a quick Co-op vs AI game for first win of the day? I play bot games for FWOTD IP when I may not play otherwise, and it seems like I always get a bunch of people who... JUST play against bots.
Am I the only one in the world?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I just struggle with tryhard PX and friends for my first win of the day. Typically we get stomped pretty hard lol. Stupid normals.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I just win for my first win of the day bonus.
It seems pretty unconventional, but I just like it.
-DD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
wooo

just got a 15 minute nexus with rumble

went top with annie against morde/trynd, got 6 minute turrent with 4 kills

feels so good man

Top Bottom