• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yep
its gonna suck
and be terrible imbalanced
oh have some faith silly ^_^

on the plus side, the idea is, if you're a really fast jungler (read: Udyr) you won't get punished for staying in the jungle if a gank isn't immediately available because there will always be SOME camp up.

also if things are weaker junglers won't need as much sustain to be viable so they won't be as likely to result in broken top lanes . . .

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Renekton isn't played as much because when you got people like Jarvan and Irelia running around, it's hard to compete with that.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see Rammus with ghost and the mastery put in it with Janna's passive, Zilean's Fast Forward put on him, his spin maxed out, the boots that give you 5 movement when not getting hit, someone using Reverie's active on him, nothing but movement speed runes and 21 in utility for the movement bonus, Sona's speed boost aura, 5 Phantom Dancers (or whatever gives you the most move speed and is stackable), and Orianna using her ball to speed him up while he just spins from their Nexus to the other's through mid.

I think something like that's been done already, however.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Speaking of *****.... M3D's jarvan O_O

:troll:
It's true, but I dominated the early game against Shaco jungle. They just started buying wards and catching me where ever I was going. Then their Catilyn got too fed and for some reason our team decided fighting Malphite instead of the carries was a brilliant idea. So we did no damage and they did too much.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
When are stack items efficient? 4+ stacks?

I'm seriously debating always getting one on Lux. It's just so easy to maintain them on her.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Playing tonight. All Ezreal with World Cup soccer skin to celebrate the women's game today. OH YEAH!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It's true, but I dominated the early game against Shaco jungle. They just started buying wards and catching me where ever I was going. Then their Catilyn got too fed and for some reason our team decided fighting Malphite instead of the carries was a brilliant idea. So we did no damage and they did too much.
Yeah, I don't know if you realized this, but it's kinda hard to just waltz up and attack Caitlyn while you have Trundle and Malphite on your nuts.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I hate riot sometimes, games not working so I am capped at 10FPS no matter what I did..........*rips hair out*. I was playing before the notice came out.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
why would anyone pick irelia anymore
i dont really know
and its very very sad. she was so fun qq

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
irelia been nerfed twice, but those were just touches

real death toll is lanewick and lanedyr becoming stupid

also
her teamfight has always seemed a little one dimensional as well. if she builds tanky and dives a carry she gets exhausted ad peeled off by a tank and a carry,

if she builds squishy, she doesnt have the dps that other people have who are just as squishy as her
shes still god tier laner but even then, ult nerfs hurt real bad

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
she had a bunch of good matchups that were extremely popular then (vlad, Malphite, non-Teemo ranged carries), but she's still always been pretty midling in terms of sustainability laners and pretty slow to get to high burst damage. At no point has she been good vs. high sustain tanks like Morde, Cho, Lanewick, etc and she's always had awkward matchups that completely ruin her like Teemo. I also personally think that your standard early game caster (Annie, Kennen, Cass, Swain, etc) will completely ruin her if they play aggressively enough early.

I guess my point is that she was never as universally dominant in a lane the way that people used to think about Kat (18 months ago), Pantheon (13 months ago), Urgot (6 months ago), or the current high sustain jerkoffs. Or Cassiopeia, that ***** is ****ing stupid as ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Praise God there is no reincarnate of old Pantheon when it comes to laning.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
WOW IRELIA WAS NEVER OP AS **** IN LANE LIKE PANTHEON AND URGOT

must mean she was never good in lane

lmfao

yeah what is wriggles lantern by the way, i only rush sheen cause i have no idea what the *** im doing and then auto attack minions to restore health

zzzzzzzzzz

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Mogwai is very correct. She can dominate some lanes, but in others she has to rely on speccing for regeneration in order to keep farming. It was easier a while back because she could go toe to toe with people down to mid/low health, heal up on a minion wave, and then push the advantage, but that doesn't work nearly as well now.

She did get a bit of a boost with the mana cost reduction on early Bladsurge, but she still has a tricky time depending on who she's laning against.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
WOW IRELIA WAS NEVER OP AS **** IN LANE LIKE PANTHEON AND URGOT

must mean she was never good in lane

lmfao

yeah what is wriggles lantern by the way, i only rush sheen cause i have no idea what the *** im doing and then auto attack minions to restore health

zzzzzzzzzz
irelia been nerfed twice, but those were just touches

real death toll is lanewick and lanedyr becoming stupid

also
her teamfight has always seemed a little one dimensional as well. if she builds tanky and dives a carry she gets exhausted ad peeled off by a tank and a carry,

if she builds squishy, she doesnt have the dps that other people have who are just as squishy as her
shes still god tier laner but even then, ult nerfs hurt real bad
she's never been a god tier laner, and you're simply wrong if you think that she is right now of all times. yes, I said she has never been a particularly good laner, and I hoenstly still believe that. when everyone dreaded laning against Irelia, it was because they either a. couldn't burst trade with her or b. couldn't harass her off of getting every last hit. Considering that her pre-6 burst was never particularly good, these are both pretty indicative of the fact that most people simply weren't playing the correct style of laners to play vs. Irelia. For example, I just counterpicked Irelias with Teemo back then and completely destroyed them, ezpz.

also, you're the only person who understands what the **** you're saying about wriggle's and sheen.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Anyone give any advice 4 sion? His new skin reminds me of WoW a bit and I need a reason to buy the skin.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
use shield, always farm, never die. I honestly think Sion's in a pretty bad place right now because his burst is dependent on not having his shield popped before you can blow it and getting really really close to your opponents + his laning took a beating with the stun duration nerfs and base stat nerfs.

Top Bottom