• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
shes going to get buffed
and shes harder to play than amumu and cow
so more fun and more difficult to play against or plan against

edit:

new op in games where people dont know wtf theyre doing

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just from watching people play her, I feel like leona is pretty good. Fills a mummy-like role, but can lane, making ganks really easy to setup with all the CC she's got at 6- that being her strong point/niche IMO.

Like what do you do when you go for a last hit, and all of a sudden she flash-stuns you for 1.25 secs, then stuns you again for... 1.5 i think, then jungle stuns you... ur dead lol.

and she's super tanky.

Certainly not the best tank, atm, but strong, I think.

We'll see in time. :o

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
It feela good being level 14 playing against level 30's (cause im playing with friends) and do well without any runes. God damn i love gp :troll: dunno if i could do hat with any other hero.

:phone:

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
So after buying Anivia I had fun. Actually mroe fun playing this game now since Im always a char that i right click to kill someone lol. Yea im barely goos with her but still fun to use :3

Should I buy swain or Malzahar next?
I'm gonna be biased and lean more toward Swain, as he's my favorite character. He's an awesome offtank mage imo.

However, I like Malzahar a lot, too. His damage is still insane after those nerfs.

In the end, it depends if you'd rather bulk along with power or sheer force at the cost of being squishier.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Just from watching people play her, I feel like leona is pretty good. Fills a mummy-like role, but can lane, making ganks really easy to setup with all the CC she's got at 6- that being her strong point/niche IMO.

Like what do you do when you go for a last hit, and all of a sudden she flash-stuns you for 1.25 secs, then stuns you again for... 1.5 i think, then jungle stuns you... ur dead lol.

and she's super tanky.

Certainly not the best tank, atm, but strong, I think.

We'll see in time. :o
Her utility seems to come primarily from her CC. Her base damage and her AP scaling are both pretty pathetic. I feel like she 100% embodies the "ignore this *****" type champ.

I don't like to compare her to mummy because of despair. Mummy can still be dangerous to be around after the carries are dead. I feel like Leona best role is snowball early and win in 30 minutes.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I'm serious when I say this. Leona's ult should have Lux ult cooldown.

edit: loooooooooool, I'm posting on X_the_derp's accounts

- Zero_Gamer

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
She cannot jungle, and if I really want a tank in lane she has to compete with Cho, Jarvan, Cow, and Singed off the top of my head.
That's stiff competition for Leonna and all of those champs have more than just CC to bring.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i love this game so much

lane udyr and double cast bug just make my heart all fuzzy

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Just went 15/0/3 with LeBlanc. Had fully stacked Mejais at 12 minutes. I did the double R bug 4 times. Too troll.
Using a spell then using distortion to get in range auto cancels the next spell after that one. It makes it easier.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
She cannot jungle, and if I really want a tank in lane she has to compete with Cho, Jarvan, Cow, and Singed off the top of my head.
That's stiff competition for Leonna and all of those champs have more than just CC to bring.
Leona has a stun, immobilize, and aoe slow/stun as well as some absurd poke synergy with DPS.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
she's best with:

Mpen
Movespeed
HP
armor/mr
AP

In that order. figure it out
not really....

anyway, just grab philo + HoG opening and then find a way to spec CDR that makes sense in the given game (I like reverie, I like frozen heart, and I kinda like soul shroud). CDR is pretty important on Leona IMHO because her main utility comes from the effects that don't scale on her skills (CCing, her passive and her shield).

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Leona has a stun, immobilize, and aoe slow/stun as well as some absurd poke synergy with DPS.
I don't quite agree with the poke synergy. If you are in a duo lane then your passive can be utilized well, but you have to ask what Leonna does better than putting a support in that same situation. A support is going to heal off any harass to your carry and themselves which is a big part of the duo lane in the meta right now. If you are poking before a fight actually starts, like just defending a push or whatever then you can't really use Sunlight that well. If Leonna had a way to poke then abusing Sunlight in this manner would be great, but she's forced to be in close quarters to do damage. The closest thing to poking she has is running in with her shield and trying to hit you with the very edge of the explosion. Personally if I was the other team I would just hold off until the shield is down and engage when the other team's tank lacks her defense steroid.

Everything else you say she bring to the table is just CC. Every tank is bringing CC, and a lot of their CC is just better (AoE knockups are crazy). They have more damage, and in some cases bring more to the table for their team beyond their CC.

I think Leonna in a vacuum is a fine character actually. I only start to have issues with her viability when you add the other tanks into the mix.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
RiotGuinsoo from Twitter said:
The goals are complicated. First, we want junglers to have to choose between PvE and PvP. Timers are too long. In other words, it's easy for a jungler to clear his side and then have to wait for more respawns, forcing him to gank or do nothing. Bad. The jungle is also a little too hard overall. In order to be successful there, you usually have crazy OP sustain. See Lanedyr, Lanewick. Ideally I would like to make Smite optional, but unsure if that will result. Lizard too strong -> forces passivity. We'd also like to make it so laners can poach small camps without harming your jungler. Also, gold/exp rewards should scale. This also will make more champions able to jungle and level 1 summoners easier to jungle. A goal of reducing the respawn timers is make the jungler choose: continue gaining exp or gank. Right now he can do both. Ideally a jungler would be able to circle around his jungle doing small camps all day if he wanted, but it should be less than lane exp. A jungler should need to gank successfully to keep up, but if behind staying in the jungle should be a good place to catch up.
I wonder if this is one of the major changes for Season 2.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't quite agree with the poke synergy. If you are in a duo lane then your passive can be utilized well, but you have to ask what Leonna does better than putting a support in that same situation. A support is going to heal off any harass to your carry and themselves which is a big part of the duo lane in the meta right now. If you are poking before a fight actually starts, like just defending a push or whatever then you can't really use Sunlight that well. If Leonna had a way to poke then abusing Sunlight in this manner would be great, but she's forced to be in close quarters to do damage. The closest thing to poking she has is running in with her shield and trying to hit you with the very edge of the explosion. Personally if I was the other team I would just hold off until the shield is down and engage when the other team's tank lacks her defense steroid.

Everything else you say she bring to the table is just CC. Every tank is bringing CC, and a lot of their CC is just better (AoE knockups are crazy). They have more damage, and in some cases bring more to the table for their team beyond their CC.

I think Leonna in a vacuum is a fine character actually. I only start to have issues with her viability when you add the other tanks into the mix.
Philo Stone combined with her W allows her to move in and out of melee frequently. Don't underestimate the armor/mr steroid.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It's no surprise really, I report Zolga for lying and trying to scam people out of swf premium accounts at least twice a week. It's really amazing he's not banned yet.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
It's no surprise really, I report Zolga for lying and trying to scam people out of swf premium accounts at least twice a week. It's really amazing he's not banned yet.
The SWF staff is waiting for Smash Boards Season 2 to come out before implementing his ban.

Top Bottom