• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
HUEHUEHUE. I can do it on Karma, Morde, and Kass now. REAL TROLL. I feel so dirty doing this though, I won't abuse in normal games. I feel bad for bots though.

I should try Annie.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So I just did it with LeBlanc...its not just cone spells. I silenced twice with only Q and R. which isn't possible. not to mention that R's 40% increase worked on itself again.

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Oh lord, that bug has me scared, now. However, I'm kinda tempted to see if it will also work with Taric's or Nidalee's heal.

_Dice

Smash Ace
it works with 2 of yoricks spells except Q.

HAHAHAHAHAH +30% damage reduction and damage bonus.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
LOLOL.

Step 1: Hold shift and spam the ability button in a 1:2:1 pattern. So press R(in leblanc's case), then R twice, then R. REAL FAST
Step 2: HUEHUEHUE. insta nuke

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Best part is Riot keeps trying to dissuade people from using it by saying that "it's very hard to reproduce and can barely be used on champs, unless lucky."

Too bad most people see through their BS.

_Dice

Smash Ace
......it works on Cass's twin fang.

it doesn't sound like a big deal, until you realize that it has has that dumb <.5 cooldown. when you do it right it's like a stream of fangs. casting that spell 4 times a second minimum is pretty broken. 900 DPS before any AP boosts.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Played an entire game speaking only SPANISH and managed to convince my team I was brazilian.

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

_Dice

Smash Ace
Yorick jungles and ganks well now i guess. just get wriggles as the first item instead of getting manamune first so

instead of manamune merc treads atmas banshees trinity BC

Wriggles merc treads manamune atmas/banshees trinity.

So yeah you can jungle with yorick pretty well too.

EDIT: this was done on my lvl 13 account with no runes and not full masteries and i was able to jungle well, that pretty much means he can jungle

john!

Smash Hero
The second game I did awesome in. Jungling Rammus is soooo much more comfortable than laning Rammus. It's almost ridiculous.
Can't remember the scores for the first, but I went 9/9/27 in the last one. Yay. :)
hooray :bee:

So I just did it with LeBlanc...its not just cone spells. I silenced twice with only Q and R. which isn't possible. not to mention that R's 40% increase worked on itself again.
God help us all...

Abel1994

Smash Lord
So after buying Anivia I had fun. Actually mroe fun playing this game now since Im always a char that i right click to kill someone lol. Yea im barely goos with her but still fun to use :3

Should I buy swain or Malzahar next?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How's Leona turning out? Viable? Good? Borderline imba?
Leona is subpar. Her ability to tank is fine, but her ability to disrupt like other solid tanks is vastly lacking. Both damage and CC wise.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
In case you didn't know already, bonus gold skills work on Yorick's ghouls. This means skills like Ashe's Hawkshot and TF's passive give you gold. Probably most notable is Parrrley since it gives a pretty sizable gold bonus - super farm counter?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
ok

leona is really good tank who can build full tank and still do good burst

AND shes probably going to get buffs (movespeed or cd im guessing)

yes she is good, please stop actling like she isnt, or even that "x is better," because this only means that x is better at doing the thing x does

and stop comparing her to amumu and sion god damn lol..

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
TIL: You can pick banned champions in ranked games. All you have to do (if I understand the bug correctly) is keep hitting the random button until the champion you want appears. Needs to be hotifxed imo

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Define good. Because frankly I see a subpar champion with:

1. Low AP ratios on top of already low base damage (140 DAMAGE on a rank 5 Q that forces you to HIT someone? On a CD similar to Sion's auto target stun? Like what the ****)

2. Medium length CD's, even with max CDR.

3. Her leap in isn't very accurate/effective. You are forced to leap into the last person hit, you cannot choose who to leap to. So that person who is about to do massive damage to your team, who just happened to get hit before another guy gets hit, now walks away freely. It's also awkward to throw your sword, watch it HIT someone, and watch them CC you before the animation is over and have the teleport fail.

What are her GOOD traits?

1. She is naturally tanky. Both from shield, and health/ar stats. This is a good aspect for someone going to tank.

2. Her mana costs (Besides the ult, which I mentioned a few pages ago is a Bull**** amount of mana) are quite fair for what the abilities do. Particularly the shield not rising in mana cost (although not lowering in CD by rank either)

3. She has fairly solid laning. She's not forced to go into the jungle to be max effective, like a Mumu or Rammus.

With that said, I can't call her a good champ. I mean, she's not old Yorick bad, but she is frankly subpar compared to other tanking options. There's no point in making her your main tank, and why play her as an off tank/tanky DPS if she cannot effectively go that route because of her damage/noticeably poor scaling?

As for the comparisons to Mumu and Sion, I think some of them are pretty fair. Sion's shield is VERY similar to her shield ability, but tends to be better. 1-1 scaling ratio, shields him from damage, and he gets to choose when to explode the shield after charge up. She gets to shield and it HAS to explode in 3 seconds. Not a lot of variety on waiting for the right moment to blow up. Her Q is a stun just a tad shorter duration than Sion stun. His rank 2 stun does more damage than her rank 5 stun AND has better scaling AND he can target from a range. Her ult is a better Brand Fire Pillar, although he can end up doing more damage with the passive health ticks sometimes and the damage boost from the target being already on fire.

I mean maybe you think it's unfair for me to compare her to champs, but if she's not comparable to "good" champs, then how can you call her good? "Oh you can;t judge her next to Sion/Mumu" "Well that's cause she sucks and it's hard to justify using her over characters like that or characters worse than that but still comparable to them".

Bottom tier 3, tier 4ish character. Anything higher and frankly you're lying or there's some bug out there that lets her be more useful. That's being generous as well IMO for her to be in tier 3. That would be the absolute most credit you could give her, to be the bot of that.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
u can take every trait and sugar coat it and say its good, or equally say its really bad and weak

u are also over analyzing her. just calm down and play with her a few games.

ive learned not to argue with people who take this whole game so seriously that they need to write paragraphs and break down everything in a poor way. youre taking good abilities and trying to paint them so theyre mediocre, and trying to say how she could have been better, etc etc, well she could be better, her mana costs could be lower..

but shes strong how she is. w/e lol so srs

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok. How is she strong? Her laning is solid. Not dominating, but solid. Her ability to soak up damage is pretty high, but that does not mean much if your ability to CC or do damage isn't up there OR if you can't force people to focus on you.

She has tank stats, while a lot of characters have tank stats and strong CC or strong damage or strong xyz factor, which she just doesn't have. So what makes her "good"? I mean her ability to tank IS good, but that can't carry the character to the "good" level if there's nothing else.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=967274

This guy summed it up well IMO.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
passive real strong

hard aoe ranged cc

good initiation

u cant expect everything for a tank. all he says is her weaknesses, barely focusing on what makes her good
ok amumu isnt better at protecting a carry but that doesnt make him not a tank

u can theorycraft your way out of anything. she can do a lot of stuff very well, and stunning multiple people and giving bonus damage to everyone she touches is pretty good to have

again u can theorycraft your way out of her being good. amumu sucks, one ult and long cd rang stun, then he does nothing trololol

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I think that Leona should AT LEAST be as fast as Taric.

She also should have less cds and her ult should stun for 3 secs at lvl 3 or something, at least go up per lvl. 1.5 seconds just isn't enough for an ult with that much cd.

I still think she's fun, probably a tier 2 tank, but a middle of tier 3 character. Overall solid.

But you need to be OP to exist in this game.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Played Leona tonight and had a lot of fun. She is not a game-changer. Nothing she does just makes everyone go DAAAAAAAAMNNNN!!!! But I do like her ability to protect a carry. You can slow/stun with shield/ult, stun with Q and then even if both the carry and the assassin are running away, you can stick to the fight with your dash. You can also build full-tank, which means that you are in the fight forever and when both teams have been thinned, you can keep stunning/chasing/tanking damage so you can definitely make a difference there.

More disruptive tanks like Amumu or Alistar are just gonna be better unless they give her a little something on her damage or scaling. But she is fun to play and has good laning presence so I'll keep enjoying her for a while.

Top Bottom