• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You sir win many internets
Janna is hilarious in ARAM games lol. Just played one and it felt like I was bowling.
Try also: Blitzcrank aka "Shooting Fish in a Barrel"

Try also: Lux aka "Frying Fish in a Barrel"

Moving on: I saw Bloodrazor on Udyr the other day. With one hit from an activation Tiger Stance Udyr, does it proc 3 times?

N64

Smash Champion
Triforce is meh on her IMO. She's not much of a proc character, her spell CD's aren't very short compared to usual candidates for Tforce. The stats suit her fine, but I think she has better items to aim for at first. I'd try Frozen Mallet maybe. She looks like a great candidate for that with how large her resistance steroid is with shield. I'd suggest Rylai's but her CD's are too high that you're probably better off using your spells and just slowing whoever you stick to with mallet.

Idk how to build her. Besides getting a quick P stone, dunno if you wanna get Aegis or something else, Frozen Mallet, Warmog to Atmas, etc. There's no point playing her AP unless they buff her ratios or CD's. CDR is nice on her, getting max use out of stun and shield is good. Dunno if I would build CDR boots on her though over merc treads since she still has a kiting problem.
Yeah, my main reasoning behind triforce is she benefits from about everything it has. Sheen proc is better on others, but an early sheen can help with her early burst which to me feels like one of her strong suits. Chain abilities gives good burst and snare/stun, mana from sheen makes more opportunity for this, ap from sheen adds just a little damage to each ability, and then sheen proc adds some damage as well, should pretty much guarantee a kill if you're in a duo lane and land her e. Then for the rest of triforce, phage adds flat health (w adds enough resistances that flat health early on her seems pretty powerful) and zeal gives her a bit of movespeed to help with her being kited issues.

Frozen mallet seems like it could be strong too, but it feels like if you don't hit e then you'll never get in to get that slow from mallet, she's so slowwww. With movespeed quints and the MS talent from utility tree (and maybe FoN eventually) this might not be as much of an issue, though. I haven't had opportunity to try each much yet, but i see the merit in each so i dunno!

At the moment it feels to me like she would benefit most from CDR, movespeed, and flat HP (at least until her hp-to-resistances ratio with rank 5 w activated catches up to the point where getting resistances is worthwhile) so I'm trying to figure out what builds prioritize those.

It feels like she does need a little bite in her build though, otherwise lategame she'll become an amumu without the damage. Atmogs seems a little slow on her when it feels like she needs some form of slow or self-movespeed increase as well (being triforce, frozenmallet, raduins, etc) that you'd probably want to buy first. So other lategame presence options feel like either grabbing some AP items for a little bit more punch (something like abyss scepter or rylais or gunblade or something) or maybe stacking atma's on top of your mallet and going for sunfires or something next.

edit: completely forgot about mentioning shurelia's reverie. Seems decent too. Movespeed boost + hp + cdr = yes please.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So apparently Taric's shatter DOES proc the double damage glitch... pretty damn sure that Voyboy was using that in our game, b/c I play Taric and there's no way he can do that much damage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Even though I lost back to back games tonight, I felt like I did awesomely on either game.
Also, on the first game we lost, I got to lane with a Leona as Rammus. Just at level 2, the solo Alistar was stuck for like, five whole seconds. It was hilarious.

The second game I did awesome in. Jungling Rammus is soooo much more comfortable than laning Rammus. It's almost ridiculous.
Can't remember the scores for the first, but I went 9/9/27 in the last one. Yay. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He totally is.
Only reason I laned Rammus that game was because Udyr wanted to jungle.

I don't mind either way though. Lane Rammus means my taunts are lethal early game, since I focus on them completely after getting one Q, W, and E respectively.
My Jungle Rammus is kinda a mix. I'll focus on curls until level 3 or 4, then start working on taunts for lane ganking and the like. By then, level 3 taunt is usually enough for the laners to take a champion out, while the curls keep me alive long enough.

I tried Curl while ignoring taunt. Living was awesome, but it made me totally useless otherwise, lol.
Also, I need other's to help. When I jungle, should I go Smite/Teleport, or Smite/Flash?

Or perhaps even something else?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
keep having fun guys. im pretty sure that im not going to play this game ever again. it's not fun anymore. im sick of having ******** teammates or winning my lane majorly but other lanes feed. it's not what it started out to be, and it's just causing too much stress to be worth it..

ill probably still lurk around in this thread, but as soon as my Nintendo DS Lite Zelda (Gold Triforce Edition) with Chrono Trigger, LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy 4, Dragon Quest 9 that i paid 77$ for :troll:, ill be playing that.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Cait's auto attack/q animation is a little laggy, punish her trying to last hit creeps with q then try to walk in and e her. You have a higher base movement speed and if you have a voidling you absolutely annihilate her in terms of damage.
Since when does a Cait last hit with q? This one got one level of traps first and didn't use q. Cait was the first champ I played and you don't really q unless they step into a trap since it costs so much mana. She has stupid range and was playing absurdly safe which seems to be something that I couldn't get around. She the traps in a line with a slight angle to them which effectively zoned me hard. After a few levels in e though I was able to E creeps close to her and have it pass on to her instead of another creep.

Its mostly just that stupid auto attack range. I was just way too squishy to try to attack and risk taking a headshot. You know how much Cait just loves to get you down ~200hp and then ult you.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Like I said, I'm willing to take on that malz vs cait lane, I'm waitin to see one that can take me down, cause I know malz wins the lane mu.

@cash its a team game and its god awfully annoying at time in soloque but there are many clans/guilds out there that will accept just about any1 for preque 5s and trust me its a lot more enjoyable experience. Maybe play ur ds games and keep LoL idle until u find a team

:phone:

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Like I said, I'm willing to take on that malz vs cait lane, I'm waitin to see one that can take me down, cause I know malz wins the lane mu.

@cash its a team game and its god awfully annoying at time in soloque but there are many clans/guilds out there that will accept just about any1 for preque 5s and trust me its a lot more enjoyable experience. Maybe play ur ds games and keep LoL idle until u find a team

Yeah I'm sure I just need more practice, not that bad for a 2 day Malz.

Before babysitting a newcomer:

MereMortal: Uh let's play bots, we gotta babysit Brennan's friend.
TheJiovanni: **** that, you queued with me on yo 30 when I just started. ***** *** *****, you didn't even teach me how to play.
MereMortal: Well you shoulda did the tutorial.
TheJiovanni: **** you.
MereMortal: Haha
TheJiovanni: Just play normal so he can learn against good people, don't coddle new *****s.
MereMortal: 0.o

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I got a Penta with GP

inb4 everyone has had a penta with GP

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I want some people opinion on Maokai's builds. It is better to run AP or straight tank?

Also runes wise, I follow Chu8's rune page but I feel that my cool downs take too long to get up. Should I get ride of my magic resist for cool downs or would it be more beneficial if I bought a cool down item like a Kindle Gem or something.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yeah I'm sure I just need more practice, not that bad for a 2 day Malz.

Before babysitting a newcomer:

MereMortal: Uh let's play bots, we gotta babysit Brennan's friend.
TheJiovanni: **** that, you queued with me on yo 30 when I just started. ***** *** *****, you didn't even teach me how to play.
MereMortal: Well you shoulda did the tutorial.
TheJiovanni: **** you.
MereMortal: Haha
TheJiovanni: Just play normal so he can learn against good people, don't coddle new *****s.
MereMortal: 0.o
Yah u can add me and we can practice the lane if u want.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I want some people opinion on Maokai's builds. It is better to run AP or straight tank?

Also runes wise, I follow Chu8's rune page but I feel that my cool downs take too long to get up. Should I get ride of my magic resist for cool downs or would it be more beneficial if I bought a cool down item like a Kindle Gem or something.
Chu's Maokai is still wtfbbqhax to me. His item build is a cluster**** of **** that shouldn't work at all, but somehow manages to work for him. That being said, I wouldn't recommend that if you're not Chu because it doesn't make any goddamn sense, :laugh:.

I've always been of the opinion that you should open as a caster with Maokai and transition quickly to tank, a la Bryden7's Malphite. Open with a 2-3 dring stack and then transition to Sunfire + MRes item of choice (Abyssal, Fon, and Banshee's are all good). I also feel that I chug mana like a boss with Mao and have been considering switching the dring stack to 1 dring + chalice of harmony OR philotone + chalice, but I don't play a ton of him anymore so I can't comment on whether that's actually a smart idea (not to mention I usually like to have only 1 big ticket mres item and feel short on mres a lot). From there I would grab either a deathcap (vs. low mres teams, where I would usually get abyssal for Mres as well) or a void staff (vs. tankier teams), but the truth of the matter is that if you just need to keep tanking, you can get away with just building more tanking items.

Now, if you really feel the need to do a lot of ****, I'd say the best way to itemize CDR on Mao would be to open Philo/Dring -> Chalice -> Spirit Visage -> Frozen Heart (akin to many WW builds ATM). Visage helps his passive and the whole package gives you 30% CDR, good tankiness and the mana you'll need to keep casting your **** as it comes off CD. The biggest issue here is that you have no offensive investment, which shouldn't be that big a deal because Mao's base damages are relatively high and has relatively average AP ratios. After finishing that core you could grab a RoA or Deathcap or Voidstaff or Abyssal or w/e for offensive output. You can also do this build with a RoA rush to start, but in that case ditch the chalice since you'll be getting such a big mana pool from your items.

Boots should usually be mercs, but sorc shoes can give you a lot of early lane dominance vs. squishier characters.

For runes, I used to run flat AP quints, MPen marks, Armor seals, and MRes glyphs. I don't like CDR runes except for a few on Vlad to make yourself hit 40%.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Something about smart casting and having the spell cast twice?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So I haven't managed to find out how exactly people use do it consistently, but I've heard it involves smartcasting as well, and then pressing the inputs REALLY quickly to do double damage (and it still works with Lee Sin's E). A lot of people have ended up using Macros and a netlimiter program to keep their ping stable and automatically doublecast the spell for them.

Apparently Riot finally knows about it, but who knows how long til they fix it, if at all/if they do it well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They've got to. There's no solid reasoning for allowing it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
from what i gather at a certain ping if you smart cast twice very quickly it will double cast.

So people are using some sort of net limiter thing to increase their ping to that range and then a macro to do this double cast stuff.
Works for spells that don't have any sort of channel or something?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (and it still works with Lee Sin's E). Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
asdflikuxcvhkwjehrfal;sdkfuspkdjfgasdjkfghlsduscduee

@_@

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
from what i gather at a certain ping if you smart cast twice very quickly it will double cast.

So people are using some sort of net limiter thing to increase their ping to that range and then a macro to do this double cast stuff.
Works for spells that don't have any sort of channel or something?
Instant cast AoE spells in particular. Shatter, Gragas barrels/spells, Karma's Wave, Annie's Tibbers and Incinerate, Lee's E, Kassadin's Force Pulse, etc.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Chu's Maokai is still wtfbbqhax to me. His item build is a cluster**** of **** that shouldn't work at all, but somehow manages to work for him. That being said, I wouldn't recommend that if you're not Chu because it doesn't make any goddamn sense, :laugh:.

I've always been of the opinion that you should open as a caster with Maokai and transition quickly to tank, a la Bryden7's Malphite. Open with a 2-3 dring stack and then transition to Sunfire + MRes item of choice (Abyssal, Fon, and Banshee's are all good). I also feel that I chug mana like a boss with Mao and have been considering switching the dring stack to 1 dring + chalice of harmony OR philotone + chalice, but I don't play a ton of him anymore so I can't comment on whether that's actually a smart idea (not to mention I usually like to have only 1 big ticket mres item and feel short on mres a lot). From there I would grab either a deathcap (vs. low mres teams, where I would usually get abyssal for Mres as well) or a void staff (vs. tankier teams), but the truth of the matter is that if you just need to keep tanking, you can get away with just building more tanking items.

Now, if you really feel the need to do a lot of ****, I'd say the best way to itemize CDR on Mao would be to open Philo/Dring -> Chalice -> Spirit Visage -> Frozen Heart (akin to many WW builds ATM). Visage helps his passive and the whole package gives you 30% CDR, good tankiness and the mana you'll need to keep casting your **** as it comes off CD. The biggest issue here is that you have no offensive investment, which shouldn't be that big a deal because Mao's base damages are relatively high and has relatively average AP ratios. After finishing that core you could grab a RoA or Deathcap or Voidstaff or Abyssal or w/e for offensive output. You can also do this build with a RoA rush to start, but in that case ditch the chalice since you'll be getting such a big mana pool from your items.

Boots should usually be mercs, but sorc shoes can give you a lot of early lane dominance vs. squishier characters.

For runes, I used to run flat AP quints, MPen marks, Armor seals, and MRes glyphs. I don't like CDR runes except for a few on Vlad to make yourself hit 40%.
Thank you so much Mogwai. You have really been my go to guy for my questions reguarding champions I've been trying to learn.

Top Bottom