• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I do fine for him runeset wise, I just don't really know what item build is optimal for Phoenix.

I used to think that he did most of the damage from the attack procs, but I was wrong, so probably just building him tanky.
don't listen to me because I'm a subpar jungler, but I almost always like rushing wriggles (or at least madreds) on udyr and then grabbing boots immediately after as determined by the game (normally merc treads).

After that I NORMALLY go trinity force, sunfire, banshee's veil and atma's in whatever order the game seems to be dictating.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I saw something about mundo runes.

I go crit chance reds, armor yellows, MR blues, movespeed quints, 8/21/1 and end up starting with 10% crit chance and pretty beefy early game stats.

At level 2, you nail a cleaver, pop e, through the power of selfharm suddenly have 100 attack damage. Combine 40% slow and your extra runspeed to hit them two to three times. Grats, you just did 400+ damage not including the armor/MR reducs. Crit them once? You just killed them. Oh look! Cleaver is off CD already. Want to hit them more and they no have flash? Ghost+Exhaust.

Mundo is tremendously douchy at level 2.

Edit: I keep meaning to try out triforce on mundo and just never get around to it.

@Mog: You think I should just sub in triforce where I'd normally build PD?

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Leona is REALLY fun, I just played a game with her.

Her stun is 1.25 seconds all levels, her passive does more damage as she levels (I had it at 110 bonus damage everytime I use a spell and someone hits that person), and her shield works again if it hits MINIONS as well as champs.

Shield is broke.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i cant win games
i win every lane and then lose. i dont understanddddddd qqqqqqqqqqqq

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No she is not new gay champ.

I don't like her. Her AP scaling is weak, and her base damage is weak compared to other champs. Her mana costs are pretty fair though, besides her Ult. They royally ****ed up with her ult: TIBBERS costs less and is 10x better move than her crap.

Her solid traits: mana costs are low, shield is pretty decent (good resistances given, but only gets more damage and resistance with ranks. No CD reduction), and she's not too bad at being a sandbag. Her leap in goes through minions and goes through champions.

Cons: Cannot choose when to explode shield like Sion. Very poor AP scaling (3 spells under .5, closer to .3 than .4 Ult gets like a .8 ratio). Her leap in has to hit a champ, and it only leaps to the last champion hit. Which is bullcrap. Her Q modifies her next attack to stun, no range at all on it. Her ult is a worse version of Mumu/Tibbers/etc. Damage wise it's bad, and mana cost is huge for some dumb reason. Her "low CD stun" is about the same as Sion's, but inherently worse in just about any way. I was expected a 7-6 CD .75/1 sec stun, but they basically give you the auto attack version of sion stun minus the scaling.

Melee range, has a LOT of trouble with kiting, is NOT a GTFO tank by any means, etc.

TL:DR I don't like her. While she is an ok laner, she just not is disruptive enough in teamfights for people to fear her over solid tanks. She doesn't have good enough scaling for you to build her tanky AP either. Her laning after a quick P stone is fairly solid. But not dominating by any means. Throw people with range against her, watch her bleed to death.

Her good combo is E -> Q -> Ult stun. She can guarantee chain stun someone in that manner, but she can't guarantee the ult hits anyone else at that point. And she has no guarantee on the leap in, requiring either good prediction or another team mate to set it up for you.

ALSO, when she throws her sword out, even if you get hit by it you can CC her out of the move before she leaps. So if in doubt, silence/stun/knockback her before the animation is over and you are safe. Since the sword has to go through you and travel ALL the way to the end before teleporting, you can get a fair chance at interrupting her.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I had such a lulzy Udyr game.
I would put out so much damage that I had to be focused down, but was way too tanky to actually kill.
Wriggles > Mercs > Wit's End > Aegis > Guardian Angel > Phage > Triforce > sell Wriggles for Atmas.
Over 3k health, over 230 mr and armor, and far too much face melting damage for the other team to remotely handle. Also constantly had Orianna's ball on me so that makes things even worse.
You can't really kite somebody with over 500 movespeed in Bear, Ghost, Exhaust, Orianna, and Triforce procs. You either fail trying or face it like a man and die either way.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
ALSO, when she throws her sword out, even if you get hit by it you can CC her out of the move before she leaps. So if in doubt, silence/stun/knockback her before the animation is over and you are safe. Since the sword has to go through you and travel ALL the way to the end before teleporting, you can get a fair chance at interrupting her.
shes gay

yay cc the tank best new strat

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think Leona is fun, but he damage output makes me wish I was playing Amumu. Also, the fact that her stun doesn't get any better than 1.25 seconds is a little off-putting. I don't think she can be a top jungle tank either, since you can't choose when to explode and the stun isn't that good for ganking without alternate forms of CC to assist you.

:3 But shes pretty~
-DD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
i think it could b OP paired with natural lifesteal from xin or irelia.
except that since in the design I suggested for lifesteal/spell vamp runes, they'd be "seal" primaries so, to get full-effect runes, you're going to have to bypass other yellows. You might get more lifesteal, but you're passing up some fun defense/regen if you do that.

I think the tradeoff would be fair since you're trading one lane sustainability stat for another.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Just got home. I was up at 5am today and have to wake up at 5am tomorrow too. **** everything about this.

Someone give me a one sentence summary on the current general opinion about the new champ please :X

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Amumu/Sion without the best of both worlds.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm gonna play one more game as Leona before going to bed, building like I'm Jarvan or Irelia.

Nevermind, evidently there's an 80MB patch.
-DD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Just got home. I was up at 5am today and have to wake up at 5am tomorrow too. **** everything about this.

Someone give me a one sentence summary on the current general opinion about the new champ please :X
Well IDK what other people think about her, but I find her underwhelming in many areas. Her actual ability to tank is fine, but her ability to initiate and mess up the other team isn't as easy or as good (damage or CC wise) as someone like Mumu, Grags, Maokai, etc going in.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I find her fine, save for the fact that she is weak and doesn't really have enough mana.

The best thing about her is her passive, and that shield.

I don't have a problem with initiating at all, just e in with q on and shield when you get there. It's actually quite hard to stop for some reason. Her tanking is perfectly fine, I normally don't die and stay in the fray for an eternity.

Her passive and shield are DEFINITELY what make her though.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So I hit 30 and played my first ranked game today.

I went Malz and had to hold down mid against Cait which was somewhat nightmarish. To make things worse, one of my teammates got random'd to Vlad (which isn't all bad I guess) and disconnected at the start (which was really bad). Had Vayne top, Udyr in the jungle, me (Malz) mid, and Alistar bot. Bottom turret went down in all of 3 minutes, Caitlyn was denying me hard, and Akali started to get outta control. At about eight minutes in Vlad reconnects. From there we manage to bring it back and get the win with them only taking two turrets. I ended 5/4/17. Wish more of the assists were kills but at least my KDR > 1. Overall good experience despite the downfalls.

Any tips for Malz vs Cait? Its always a problem for me, even in normal solo queue.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Cait's auto attack/q animation is a little laggy, punish her trying to last hit creeps with q then try to walk in and e her. You have a higher base movement speed and if you have a voidling you absolutely annihilate her in terms of damage.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
once u get a few levels in e as malz (which u should be doing) use it for easy harass when she goes to last hit.

malz has one of the better animations for a cast for his auto attack, so last hitting kind of easy.

only put one level in your silence.

when u harass, try and not trade with her as well, cause u dont really need to trade harass with cait. just e then walk away.

walk sideways when she q's. if u can bait a q to get her to hit creeps, let the lane push and then basically deny her

you are a stronger laner than her. dont get fooled into thinking otherwise

also try and not harass early or until level 3 or 4, cause before that, she will be doing more damage than u.

so like q-e-e-w-e-r is what i do

also cait has early mana problems. remember that, and if around 6 she has super low mana, use this to pool>ult>kill her. otherwise she can just net out.

just call malz mid during free cait week and youll get exp.

also leona is good, u guys are crazy loll

solecalibur

Smash Master
Any of you play malz competent enough to 1v1 my cait?
Im curious how that would work out, assuming no jungle was involved

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Janna is hilarious in ARAM games lol. Just played one and it felt like I was bowling.

N64

Smash Champion
Leona feels like maokai with a little less poke ability and a little more early tankiness.

She has pretty decent burst when you chain your skills, decent early tankiness thanks to w, and lategame has good disruption with snares and stuns and such.

How are you guys building her itemwise? Triforce seems pretty gooood.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Leona feels like maokai with a little less poke ability and a little more early tankiness.

She has pretty decent burst when you chain your skills, decent early tankiness thanks to w, and lategame has good disruption with snares and stuns and such.

How are you guys building her itemwise? Triforce seems pretty gooood.
Triforce is meh on her IMO. She's not much of a proc character, her spell CD's aren't very short compared to usual candidates for Tforce. The stats suit her fine, but I think she has better items to aim for at first. I'd try Frozen Mallet maybe. She looks like a great candidate for that with how large her resistance steroid is with shield. I'd suggest Rylai's but her CD's are too high that you're probably better off using your spells and just slowing whoever you stick to with mallet.

Idk how to build her. Besides getting a quick P stone, dunno if you wanna get Aegis or something else, Frozen Mallet, Warmog to Atmas, etc. There's no point playing her AP unless they buff her ratios or CD's. CDR is nice on her, getting max use out of stun and shield is good. Dunno if I would build CDR boots on her though over merc treads since she still has a kiting problem.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I think Leona is good, and I like her. She's fun.

But my question is: why use her when you have Taric? A faster, longer ranged stun with less cd, support/tank (because he can heal people too and his aura).

_Dice

Smash Ace
I'm thinking leona might be pretty good as 0/9/21 with MS quints Armor/level seals MPen reds Mr/level Blues. since she works better the faster she is, to keep switching targets and catching up to everyone and keeping people in range of her shield. pretty much standard tank fare except tenacity from heart to make use of that philo and use the swift boots. CDR/armor-MR/HP prioritized.

Top Bottom