• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
went on my Smurf to Faceroll...and I got tired of using Alistar so I went and bought Yi....LOL at how good he is at low levels...I went 20/2/7 while the rest of my team was like 3/3/5 and **** like that

Highlander out that brush -> pop that E...and then if it was a group of people pop my yomuus...lol

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
went on my Smurf to Faceroll...and I got tired of using Alistar so I went and bought Yi....LOL at how good he is at low levels...I went 20/2/7 while the rest of my team was like 3/3/5 and **** like that

Highlander out that brush -> pop that E...and then if it was a group of people pop my yomuus...lol

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Jesus lane Udyr...

I'm afraid that if I keep playing him my ability to play other characters is going to deteriorate.
My decisions with Udyr would make any other character get instagibbed.

Like in my last game...
"Hmm. Our CV is down. They have been clearing our wards so we don't have much vision. They are up on kills, and towers, and have been outfarming so far. I only see one of them on the minimap. I should definitely check that brush."

You have slain an enemy.
Double kill!
Triple kill!
Quadra kill!
:troll:

I was 0/1/1 at that point so I wasn't even fed... just had solo lane farm, a dragon, and an assist. Tiger/Turtle/Bear dancing is just so good ._.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

You can get those scores with any champ when smurfing lol. Free Janna week awhile ago I smurfed with a new friend, I went like 25/0/4 lol. You can pretty much do anything unless the other team happens to be smurfing as well, it's hilarious.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I hate Orianna. Like, I legitimately hate that champion. Her laning is god damn ridiculous and there's nothing you can do if you didn't already happen to be a tanky champion. If you're squishy you're just ****ed, and you can't try to get near her or you just lose the trade. It's so god damn annoying and frustrating.

I just hate everything about her.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Orianna op.
Leona op.
Yorick op.
Gangplank op, then nerfed, but he ate an orange so its k, still op.
Lee sin op (according to my opponents).

Now go win ranked.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Is it wrong that I want to complain about Udyr? Ashe with a Phantom Dancer or two can handle him fine, but I've seen him steam rolling over games lately. Like, taking people on 1v3 or 1v4 in their own base. I can't tell if he's actually overpowered or if it's just that people haven't played him much before now

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
The thing about Udyr is that he is amazing. ive noticed that only ppl that r GOOD play Udyr. he can be amazing or ****. i think ive seen 1 ****ty udyr and at least 200+ amazing udyrs.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
He gets kited hard
Go back like 500 pages and find the posts where people were saying Nunu's ult was bad because it could be stopped by CC. Then fastforward to the vod of Dreamhack where someone is saying Nunu's ult is good because it has to be stopped by CC.

MPEN MARKS ARE THE ONLY OPTION GUYS.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Go back like 500 pages and find the posts where people were saying Nunu's ult was bad because it could be stopped by CC. Then fastforward to the vod of Dreamhack where someone is saying Nunu's ult is good because it has to be stopped by CC.

by that reasoning katarina should be super op because she forces multiple CCs on her ult due to voracity

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I feel like it's just solo lane Udyr because otherwise he just won't get the farm to be an ungodly tanky dps machine of infinite sustainability.

There just isn't enough farm in the jungle without getting fed for him to approach god 1v3 or 1v4 mode.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

What they mean is how powerful his ult can be with a team backing him up + Banshee.

If you have to deal with Vlad/AD carry/CC, and Nunu comes along and Ults with BV up, you can get put into a very bad place. Considering the range and damage it contributes, it allows Nunu to be tanky and absorb a lot of damage beforehand if needed while still being a relevant threat in teamfights.. Also if your CC isn't targetable, you have to worry about someone on his team absorbing it (besides like tornado and **** lol). Combined with a nasty slow for the carry/target and blood boil to get your team closer, it's not hard to imagine.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
massive updates on the stealth remakes.

cool news cool news

Xypherous said:
Hm. Okay, well, I suppose it's been a while since I've given an update so I'll chime in on this a little:

Following up from last time, the general problem(s) with long term stealth was:

1. There was no way for the opponents to get an inkling of how clever the stealth player was being, and thus there was no good way to get a sense of how that player operates.
2. Stealth is claustrophobic in the way that it makes you play.
3. Stealth gives very powerful scouting information while simultaneously hiding that information from your opponent.

We tried some iterations past the first few tests, with Paranoia, alternate resource bars, footprints, phasing and mark systems but in the end, we settled on the current system because it was the simplest solution for long-term stealth. In short: "Everyone has reduced Oracles, but Evelynn and Twitch are perma-stealthed."

Some Partial Stealth Details

Disclaimer: I fully understand this destroys a *lot* of the current stealth gameplay changes. Unfortunately, through lots of iteration, I was unable to capture the feeling of pure invisibility while in stealth while having fun gameplay. In the end, I decided to opt for a very simple system that was highly understandable over some more fiddling mechanics.

1. Evelynn and Twitch are permanently stealthed when they rank their level one stealth abilities. However, Evelynn and Twitch can be seen when they are within X units of an enemy champion (Slightly under vision range), or when they are within a true sight radius.

If they attack, they are revealed briefly for 2 seconds before going back into stealth.

This 'X' is being adjusted for feel between the two champions. 'X' is smaller than champion vision radius, so you can "stalk" an opposing champion, but it will be farther away.

2. Evelynn and Twitch have a "sight gem" above opponent's, telling them when the enemy can see them or not and whether they are "safe" (green sight gem), "warning - you are close to being seen, but still unseen" (yellow sight gem) or "being seen" (red sight gem.)

Results

Long Term Stealth, in this case, has been removed as a primary initiation mechanic but allows Eve and Twitch to cross minion vision and regular sight bubbles with impunity and sneak into brush patches by circle/stalk their opponents. Their opponents can likewise spot-check areas with their own reveal radius and create zones were stealth characters "probably aren't, otherwise they'd be seen."

The sight gem allows the Eve/Twitch player to take much of the guesswork out of figuring out when they were being seen or revealed and allows them to put more of their thoughts on clever positioning and sneaking around their opponents, especially for lane ganks.

This also lets us make them more combat oriented characters that don't immediately blow up on start. In general, this stealth has proven to be very difficult to use but allows characters to have some bluff gameplay and interesting circle/stalk gameplay in testing. Your characters can still scout, but at a highly diminished effectiveness (due to the increased range.)

In team fights, stealth proved to be less effective than before, so the character's combat viabilities are being looked at through reworks/remakes.

What is blocking us on releasing this:

1. There's a pretty big problem with the concept known as Oracle-Sweeping. We'd want to replace Oracle's elixir with someone that doesn't cause such weird gameplay but as to what would be a *good* replacement is a little up in the air.

2. General particle/kit rebalancing work - We need to heavily redo Evelynn and Twitch's kits and that comes different visuals and graphical effects.

What I am testing right now - Additionally

Sight wards as being partial motion sensors - Sight wards signalling when a hostile is moving nearby?
"Robot Chicken" scout drone
"Wriggles" for supports?

I probably shouldn't do this but as compensation, some sneaks..

Evelynn can have her stun back, because now you have advanced warning of her when she steps in. She might need a short-step-stun in order to successfully initiate. Testing required. Twitch has proven to be a slightly harder problem in internal testing.

As an aside: Hate spike is now awesome (for me, at least). Evelynn now has Champion prioritizing Lurker Spines. This makes her lane less bad.

As usual, feel free to ask questions for a little bit as I stick around. I don't know all the details of the full remake (as Live better understands that new environment). Sorry for the delay, but with Orianna/Champion pipeline and such, this has been somewhat of a lower priority for me.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Leona coming out tommorrow around 10 am Est. or even earlier

im judging by the time servers went down for EU for the patch so it basically around 10 am Est i expect for leona to be available

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Playing as Annie is fun, but I think it's time to branch out to play Sona a bit more, if not Tristana. Any other recommendations, especially for someone starting out?

Also, I might need more people to play. Since I work midnights for now, getting around to finding someone to play with is getting to be a bit of a chore. ;.;

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Playing as Annie is fun, but I think it's time to branch out to play Sona a bit more, if not Tristana. Any other recommendations, especially for someone starting out?

Also, I might need more people to play. Since I work midnights for now, getting around to finding someone to play with is getting to be a bit of a chore. ;.;
Mikey with that team work todayyy. Ryuts (my friend who was playing with us) works midnights so he might be on when you are a lot.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's actually pretty interesting stuff. The thought of Twitch being viable again is a tad scary, but it's at least good to know that they're still working on it.
pretty sure he's getting a new ultimate to interact better with his stealth.

Top Bottom