• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
honestly, good jannas don't spec much in the way of CDR. You rune tankyish and build cheap effective support stuff like philo, hog and dring and then you get mercs + oracles and by then it's like 40 minutes and all the other gold you've had has been poured into wards. It's just about using your skills at the right time in the right places and less about trying to spam them (since she can't easily keep up with the mana costs and most comps have a better blue buff wearer anyway).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaco tiamats are fun as well.

stupid.

but fun.

I really want tiamat to build from philosopher's stone.
Then I'd seriously buy one in just about any game I use a jungler. Eventually.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
honestly, good jannas don't spec much in the way of CDR. You rune tankyish and build cheap effective support stuff like philo, hog and dring and then you get mercs + oracles and by then it's like 40 minutes and all the other gold you've had has been poured into wards. It's just about using your skills at the right time in the right places and less about trying to spam them (since she can't easily keep up with the mana costs and most comps have a better blue buff wearer anyway).
This makes a lot of sense. Could you tell me what runes I should be using?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Flat Armor on your Seals, Flat MR on your Glyphs (or scaling, not the biggest deal, but you will miss the flats if you have to lane vs. any magic damage harass in lane). Marks and Quints are trickier. In my casual group, our support player is probably the 2nd strongest player after myself and swears by running both Marks and Quints as Flat Armor. This lets him play aggressively in lane with trading hits and keeping the opponents off of CS and also gives him some more leeway when he's roaming around placing wards by making him tougher to DPS down before he can reach safety. Others run ArPen Marks (for high dmg output with their shield up in lane, same theory for early lane pressure, but more offensive than defensive. Probably stronger than Armor in lane, but weaker as the game goes on and you have less impact with attacks). Others still run Scaling AP Marks for bigger shields and ult heals as the game drags out (geared towards late game rather than early game). If not running Armor on Quints, you're options are pretty much Gold/10 Quints (to suppliment your early income since you let your lanemate get all the CS typically), Movespeed (to support roaming around and warding), and Flat HP (just a different defensive option, though I think with support + AD bot all the time these days, Armor is just as effective early and better late since your support items accidentally have HP, but none but Aegis have Armor).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
meki + 2 pots
philo
boots
chalice of harmony
spirit visage
frozen heart
wit's end
sell philo for Bloodrazor or GA
sell chalice for the other one

upgrade to sorcs for lane dominance vs. < 50 MRes opponents, otherwise mercs. CDR boots + Miracle is acceptable if you wanna go for early GA instead of frozen heart, but this should only be done if you simply MUST be the initiator for your team and honestly, in cases like this, I would just suck it up and not try to max my CDR and instead get mercs, keep my philo and replace FH with GA.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Ok, Pirate too OP for me to in good conscience not learn him, too much of a liability. What's the right setup masteries and rune wise? What's the best path? And how does this build sound:

Boots + Pots
Wriggles
Giant's Belt
Sheen
Warmog's
Atma's
Force of Nature or Banshee's
TriForce

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
ok who plays cho here?

thanks you SO MUCH. cuz he ****ing *****. ap tank ftw? i was running ap, mr, mp, and cd runes and was at 3.4k health with Dorans ring, RoA, Morellos evil tome, blasting wand. they surrendered. nuke was doing 850 without full item build

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
ok who plays cho here?

thanks you SO MUCH. cuz he ****ing *****. ap tank ftw? i was running ap, mr, mp, and cd runes and was at 3.4k health with Dorans ring, RoA, Morellos evil tome, blasting wand. they surrendered. nuke was doing 850 without full item build
I do, he's pretty much my go to tank in ranked. He's a really strong champ and is usually a strong pick :)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
in team fights I die so fast I don't even have the chance to poke with parley

do you have particular build for plain old laning GP? I'm too noob to jungle :/

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
um, you could just run philo -> sheen -> atmog's -> triforce with a more defensive spec like Scaling Mres Blues, Armor Seals, Double ArPen on Marks and Quints, and 0/21/9 and take a solo lane. *shrugs* futz around with it, he's really hilariously OP right now so you can just build based on feel right now and as long as you're leveling your E, you should be able to curbstomp people who wanna stand there and fight you and you should be able to force people to stand there and fight you cause you're faster than them and can apply your first slow tick at a range with Paarrrrrrrrley.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
in team fights I die so fast I don't even have the chance to poke with parley

do you have particular build for plain old laning GP? I'm too noob to jungle :/
I would think if you have this problem with GP you have this problem with most carry champs. Proper positioning matters.

I always feel like there is a fine line between poking correctly and doing damage as a carry. And I struggle staying on the surviving end of it. The worst is when tanks initiate BEHIND the opponents tanky champs onto the carries. Yeah they got the initiation, but how do you expect the carries to get in range to do anything? All they can do is stay spaced from the tanky champs, poking them, while your tank gets hit from the carries AND their tanky champs with all their abilities on cooldown.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
mm, I'd say that with a Melee DPS champ though that it's more about his build timings (not farming/ganking as effectively as say I would) than it necessarily is with ranged champs. Most ranged carry problems can be tracked back to positioning, but not having range changes the game a lot and having a durable build at the right timing is very important compared to whether a Ranged DPS is at IE, IE + LW, or IE + LW + PD, you know? I mean yea, picking your fight timings and places is still crucial, but he might just not be getting the income he needs fast enough to support a triforce rush and thus would be better off learning to stay on sheen until he can get the sort of gold advantage he needs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
lol, I ****ing help shaco as hard as possible with fastest leashes in the world and he camps mid for 2 minutes while regi abuses my exp and mana decifits as I frantically ping top. let me at that mother****er starting from full HP with Q first and let's see who's calling who an unfit opponent.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm enjoying pirate.
Because Pantheon genuinely beats him in lane.
but pirate's parrrlay makes pantheon's spear shot a sad sad ability.

it trades higher damage at later levels for: the ability to crit at ANY level, substantial extra gold on last hits, application of gangplank's passive AND any on hit effects gangplank might be carrying like, say LIZARD BUFF

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Pirate can't harass pantheon in lane.

Even though the on hit effects still apply for whatever reason, pantheon negates all the damage with aegis.
And spears on a lower cd.
And does more damage early bar crits.

And I was only talking about in lane, we all know whos a better carry atm.

(Gunblade + tforce pantheon is the right answer)

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
ive always wondered what a panth does if he runs out of mana and doesnt have clarity ROFL

ive got lane ***** by panth but i just wait out his mana pool

and then its like an average lane.

I will also always remember when i was playing one of those hour long games against a panth
It was epic. teamfights would always have 4 people die on each side, and the remianing people barely had health. then it would happen again.

finally i looked at panths items and he had 20 stacks soto.. and he did the same damage as other ad with regular items. then i was like "focus panth" and he became useless after 2 more fights.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That's because Pantheon is a dps + caster and has better synergy with item effects rather than straight numbers. Even though he is the best soto user in the game. But that says a lot about how bad Soto is over whats wrong with pantheon.

8 second CD blink stuns, multiple ways to always proc sheen/tforce, and two 1:1 AP ratios which means spell vamp isn't wasted on him (and spell vamp on him is quite ridiculous). I still say that HSS is a terrible spell, but if you're able to get cc situations (like the infamous malzahar null zone set up) for hss you can restore a filthy amount of health. But he's better off running around with his 440 move speed qing + auto attacking sheen procs + eing people than channelling a crappy spell.

Also man drops are extremely OP.

Mana is hard for the guy early game (pretty much up to level 3... maybe later if you're soloing because you can't b too easily). Last patch 2 philo stones guaranteed he would ALWAYS have mana. I still rush a philo stone now and find after sheen you have a decent mana pool and you're generally not staying put for more than 100 seconds at a time anyway.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
seems like a stupid champion

bad design that doesnt fit with other champs (or designed new champs that didnt fit with him)

hey there vlad

Turazrok

Smash Master
The anti gp nerf threads on the GD are so brain-numbingly stupid I want to take out my eyes with an icepick.

The reasoning these people use is insane.

some guy thought having a 300 damage passive was ok.

They're comparing him to ashe in terms of slows wtf?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
GP is strong, but I've started to step back and think about how he compares to other viable melee AD. Gangplank ganks hurt bad, but so do Xin Zhao nerfs. Gangplank survives well in a team fight (after finishing Warmogs and then Atma's) while dealing good damage, but so does Nasus. He's strong, but I can't really tell if it's out of line. If he is, what makes him better?

Do his steroids place him that far above other champs that fill the same role?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
"after finishing warmogs then atmas"

i hope u dont build this every time.. uselessplank til 40

hes better at everything.

also guys from now on you have to build spirit visage on ad carries. the mr and cd reduction lets you spam volley/peacemaker/phos. bomb and lets u get your ult up after. with the lifesteal from dorans blades and maybe a bloodthirster, you will be getting increased health back during a fight

and the extra health is nice too

also make sure to build chalice on lanewick, cause u cant get the mana regen from anywhere else, and the mr is key during early laning. its a very useful item. also high elo lanewicks get it so u should as well

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Buffs to Ezreal and Kog'Maw this patch.

Jarvan's Q in the designing phase used to be a 'falcon punch' (charge time and BOOM damage) but was changed to interact with his flag like it is now.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
this Thread should be called Mogwais Advice Thread.

that being said I'm trying to learn how to carry a team so I've been going into solo queue hoping to get at least 2 scrubs on my team

Its been going pretty well lately but like

I hate it when My team thinks its a 5v5 deathmatch game and turrets don't matter.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Can't wait for OPlank nerfs
I see him pretty amazing in say my ELO, but I dont understand what high could do about him, he still needs to close the gap b4 in auto attack range and he only has his Q to do that (a slow). He just seems to be a flavor then anything else
/still hates new gp

edit - I guess I should ask while its on my mind, Is there anything I should build different for trist the say ashe? I've been playin her more lately

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I hate it when My team thinks its a 5v5 deathmatch game and turrets don't matter.
^this........

Worst one for me was when my team was up by 30 kills at the end of the match. People on my were openly taunting the other team in all chat while their Yi continuously back doored us. I was playing as Teemo and shroomed Baron which was the inevitable deciding factor since we were able to gank them and push mid before they rezzed.

Teemo shrooms give broken map awareness if used properly.

Top Bottom