• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Everyone should know that I have strong personal dislike for safehaven... but I have to agree that you do complain an excessive amount, dastrn. If you have to vent, at least do it in the BRoom thread, since that one is kind of deadish and no one will hate on you for it there.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Saw dastrn had last post.

Bet friend $5 dastrn was complaining about losing a game because of his teammates.

Win $5.

Thanks Dastrn!
I'm as predictable as bad kids and trolls.

safehaven, just keep trolling bro. I want to finally see you banned. You don't belong in this community. (SWF that is. You're pretty typical of the league crowd.)

Me (TF), Zolga (Taric) and Xatres (Leblanc) just had a pretty sweet win after a long game. I ended up with 337 minion kills. sold my boots late game for a zhonya's hourglass. The TF vs Ezreal lane at mid was pretty fun. he was a solid ez from what I could tell, too. Once I got level 5 or so it got waayyy easier, though.

We should do practice games just to work on laning against each other. I need to learn more common matchups, since I usually end up mid if I'm not in jungle.

edit: PX, I know I complain a lot. I'll consider scaling it back until my next solo queue loss.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
its ok bro i dont think u belong in swf either (?)

also bad mods calling me out even though i have like 3 people at any random point trolling me or trying to insult me rofl

this account got banned for being an alt account even though i havent touched my old one in months cause some mod thought he needed to stroke his ****

also why should anyone care that px has a strong dislike for me. why should anyone care. the problem is the 2 people with egos in the thread dont like being disagreed with. more drama

is no one else going to tell him this?
if u take solo queue so seriously, then youre going to quit the game. youre going to lose some games no matter what. get over it.

or u could be a ***** and cry forever. OR MAN UP.

rofl watch me get banned, at what point can we stop encouraging people to whine about everything and just tell them the truth. thats what i want to know lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I finally reached level 30.

.... >.> Now I need to finish my rune pages before touching ranked.
I'd suggest playing for another month or so at least, unless you have a really great normals win/loss ratio. There are plenty of things to learn about the game and enemy champions, even after reaching 30.
I'm surprised how easy it is to get away with the same rune page for everything.

I have 3

MPen reds, health quints, mp5/lvl yellows, cdr blue
Arpen reds, arpen quints, flat armor yellows, mres/lvl blues
mpen reds, health quints flat armor yellows, mres/lvl blues

I do wish I had more runes/pages tho, although that has me covered for most everything.
Those are good pages that work on just about anyone, though I'd want an arm pen/m regen page for ranged carries. Even still, that's just about all you need; a lot of my pages are for specific champion setups.
Going through Tribunal cases. First thing in the chat log is :

Seraƒ[All] [21:48:40]: WOMBO COMBO
Seraƒ[All] [21:48:42]: WHER U AT
Seraƒ[All] [21:48:44]: WHERE U ATTT
Zane32388[All] [21:48:52]: THAT AINT FALCO!!

neither of them were the ones being reported, but I thought it was funny.

while I'm here, I should probably update my tag is actually "Caleb Wolfbrand" (I misunderstood when I posted first) and that my mains are Jarvan, Rumble, Cho Gath, and Soraka.
That same thing happened in one of my games once haha

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@safehaven - They should care because I'm agreeing with you when you are correct despite my hating you. You attacking me when I speak the truth is kind of ironic considering your last post, though.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
lol why do u take it so personally

im honestly wondering why anyone would care and why that was important

and in have no idea why u hate me LOL

and theres truth that needs to be said and theres just bad truth

like i could post all about my friends flaws, or about your parents marriage problems or some ****. sure u can spout "truth" everywhere, but its less like truth and more like facts that u want to say.

i honestly dont care to reply to everyone who gets offended by everything i say, go back to regular posting people

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Saw safehaven made the last post.

Bet friend $5 he was keeping this going without actually saying anything, just randomly typing sentences with no punctuation or capitalization.

won $5.

HotshotGG is streaming as Orianna right now and failing hard. Other than farming super well, which is easy on Orianna, he's not doing much at all. I suppose his team is awful, and Ori is not the kind of champ you can carry with if your team sucks.

Which brings up a good point: even at high Elo, there are really really bad players who do ******** stuff. I was facepalming watching this stream. Not at Hotshot, because he doesn't make huge bad plays much. But the kids he was playing with were doing the stuff that I complain about at 1300 Elo. Mummy just barely escaped a 1v3 and then just randomly bandage tossed back in, trying to trade his life for someone in that pack who was remotely low. Of course he died first. Karthus was 1v2 at half hp, and as soon as orianna shielded him, he ran back in and died in like 2 seconds without doing any meaningful damage whatsoever.

Why do people like to die so much in this game?

It makes me wish they would make a survival mode, where if you die, you're out. Just to make people learn how to not die all the time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If your team gets first pick, leave GP alone and force them to ban him. If they don't, pick him.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
gp cow singed ashe jarvan nidalee strongest champs

and ***** i dont have to capitilize to be smarter than u

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol why do u take it so personally

im honestly wondering why anyone would care and why that was important

and in have no idea why u hate me LOL

and theres truth that needs to be said and theres just bad truth

like i could post all about my friends flaws, or about your parents marriage problems or some ****. sure u can spout "truth" everywhere, but its less like truth and more like facts that u want to say.

i honestly dont care to reply to everyone who gets offended by everything i say, go back to regular posting people
itt: peter doesn't act like this in real life

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i know when i see sleepyk posting its gonna be SOMETHING about me

i do act like this irl its just everyone that i hang out with around u doesnt have a giant ego

also what is that FoD music on your hacked melee? I need to know...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i know when i see sleepyk posting its gonna be SOMETHING about me

i do act like this irl its just everyone that i hang out with around u doesnt have a giant ego

also what is that FoD music on your hacked melee? I need to know...
one with biggest ego is actually peter

:dazwa:

it's from The Fountain OST i told you a while ago but it was a while ago so you prob forgots

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
yeah secretly i actually have an ego and want dastrn to respect me

LOLLSDGLWEAGRWBAESB AEFDBDsvwedgbr

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
My go-to mages right now are Ryze and Kassadin. I want to add a mage with strong burst ability to my rotation. Should I work on Annie, Malzahar, or Brand? Or someone else I haven't thought of - speaking of which, what about Mordekaiser?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Stanpar was officially changed to "Rakkor" as of today.

I guess even panteons lore was just way to OP so they had to nerf that too

RIP Stanpar.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Stanpar was officially changed to "Rakkor" as of today.

I guess even panteons lore was just way to OP so they had to nerf that too

RIP Stanpar.
Are you sure about that? Pantheon's lore on the league of legends site is still the same as before.

It could just be a different tribe that Leona's sneak peak is referring to, unless they changed the name of the mountain Pantheon's tribe lives on too (his lore state it as Mount Gargantuan, whereas the sneak peak references Mount Targon).

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Are you sure about that? Pantheon's lore on the league of legends site is still the same as before.

It could just be a different tribe that Leona's sneak peak is referring to, unless they changed the name of the mountain Pantheon's tribe lives on too (his lore state it as Mount Gargantuan, whereas the sneak peak references Mount Targon).
No they havent changed panth's in game lore, go to the leona thread, they comment on it somewhere around page 5 or 6.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Gotcha.

Mount Targon sounds much better than Mount Gargantuan anyway, lol, was wondering how they let that one pass.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Is there a reason why I don't see zilean picked much? I feel like the impact I make on my games is so much more than when I go other supports

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
lack of hard cc
the length of time the buff is out for is really short now and its quite common at this point to just 'wait it out' and then try and kill the guy.
Has to be a bit closer to fights to deal his best damage, and give support.

It's a single person save compared to multiple.

Janna ult, soraka ult both save EVERYONE to a degree. Sona has hard cc and team wide auras (her haste being OP) while having easy modo heals.

Also the biggest thing is that length of time the persons down for before they come back up. It can be both a save (like if you have people like singed/ali/blitz on your team who are all GTFO off my baby) but more often than not a major major major "HERE I AM, CAN'T MOVE, TAKE YOUR TIME TO SET UP TO **** ME" sign. IIRC the ap ratio used to be 3.0 for his ult as well, making it really easy to give someone almost full HP back. Now his ult unless he's farmed / fed (not what a support is generally wanted to do at this point) isn't bringing someone back at full health. The weakness of it bringing someone back in an awkward position was bad enough, now a lot of the time they're still going to die.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey guys, I've recently dived into playing janna and I am strugggling a bit build wise. I honestly don't know what to buy. I grab philos, hog, ageis, and maybe some dorans rings. I also grab a shuryelias if late game comes.

Another thing I noticed was once I use all my moves, I'm useless in team fights. Should I buy cdr, or use cdr runes?

Lastly what shoul my runes me for janna.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Why do people like to die so much in this game?
I stopped using clairvoyance in normal queue for this very reason :laugh:. My friends wouldn't believe me, so I challenged them to carry a CV into the next match we played together.

"Oh look, the bottom lane is struggling. Maybe you should help them with a CV so they can see the pantheon in the bush and stop dying."
*CVs*
*Watches low health allies walk up to pantheon in bush*
Allies have been slain.

"Hmm, those guys are pushing a little far. Maybe they could use a CV"
*CVs enemy jungle showing two players*
*Watches single teammate walk into jungle by himself*
Ally has been slain.

Clairvoyance is the only summoner spell that actively kills your team when you play with people with an IQ <90. It's pretty funny if you don't take the game seriously.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His ult ratio is still like 2.5 or something really high. 300 AP there's only a 150 health difference, and they also buffed the base health it gives back. If you aren't building much AP on him, his Ult actually gives back more in its current state than it did back then.

Zilean does have some downsides compared to other support. Besides his passive, he doesn't provide his team a lot of free stats that other supports do. No armor or MR or anything. He doesn't have hard CC, although with mana permitting and good amount of CDR he can apply his CC at an incredible rate compared to other support. He only has 1 damaging spell. He tends to require more "focus" to play at a top level than other support: there's more to manage when you're playing Zilean than other supports because of his rewind system. Do I double bomb someone for the damage that might secure that kill? Do I need to speed myself/teammate up to get away/go in or do I need to slow one of the opponents. Etc. Instead of "HEAL HEAL PRESS R SHIELD CARRY etc"

Top Bottom