• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Nids new traps are the only thing I like about the ward changes.
agreed . . . and I heard Riot is going to redo nidalee so that she doesn't have such an easy time staying in a lane anymore.

They don't like the idea that you can build nidalee to be a ranged DPS champion with lots of AP and still have such an amazing heal.

They'll probably either make more of nidalee's spells AD scaling or they'll lower the AP ratio on her heal, increase it's base power and ramp up the mana cost. (like they are doing with Kayle)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just don't think tele is worth it unless you're with a team that competently understands split pushing and baiting the team to your spot. Otherwise safer to go ignite or ghost imo.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Just don't think tele is worth it unless you're with a team that competently understands split pushing and baiting the team to your spot. Otherwise safer to go ignite or ghost imo.
teleport has other uses as well, however, I mean it gives you amazing lane presence since every few minutes you can go back, shop and regen with impunity. Though it still is incredibly useful for split pushing, defending against split pushing and ward ganking.

It doesn't have the "OMG I need this right now" factor that most of the other summoner spells do, but it is, I would argue, the most versitilely useful summoner spell. That's probably why its CD is so long.

Definitely could be worth grabbing if you have the mastery and presence of the master though.

Vyke

Smash Champion

So... I know I'm late on this one, but the new pirate... Yeah.

All of those games are Arranged 5s btw.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
ONe of my teammates choose TF and I thought tf sucks until he went 20/3/14 with him (we lost btw) and then I bought him and hes awesome! its so broken how his ult teleports u anywhere. My first time being him my teammates on a 3v3 was a 2v3 while my teammates push all 3 of then with half health left then i tele to their base and killed them all xD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Tf has always ALWAYS been really really good because of that teleport.

Word on the street is that riot is taking away the global nature of that ult for both TF and Pantheon and that they are receiving buffs to the rest of their kit to compensate (especially for panth)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've tried; my latency and reaction speed make it difficult to pick cards properly. The problem is primarily when Gold is the first card to appear; I can't react fast enough to lock it in and then have to wait for it to cycle all the way through. If I try, I get a blue card 9/10 times :(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I don't play TF because I often miss my gold card on attempted ganks.

@Vyke, my page is starting to look like that too. Pirate is mad good and he just builds momentum as the game goes. Start well and you can wreck faces. Start poorly and it just takes you longer to wreck faces. I'm playing him as a jungler and I'm having a jolly good time stacking slows with my ult for virtually guaranteed kills on ganks. Flash is about the width of my ult, so I often gank and place my ult about half of flash-length behind people so they have to either get hit as they approach it or flash into it to escape.

So I'm trying to decide on my next set of runes. I'm thinking either some AP/lvl runes or just filling an entire page of AS runes. I already have the reds so I'd need the other three. Might be fun to run Pirate with all AS runes. Not sure though. I have lots of good generic runes already, so I'm not sure if I want to blow a lot of IP on specific runes before I know if Riot is going to nerf him back into the ground.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hey guys, I recently started playing Warwick and I am really struggling with him. What are my goals as a whole.
#1 to be in the jungle
#2 to have smite
#3 to have smite, seriously
#4 Gank (better when your 6) when someone is pushing lanes and denying your teammates gold
#5 Have dragon control
#6 buy wards
#7 stop your jungle asap if your near a team battle

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I recently started playing Warwick and I am really struggling with him. What are my goals as a whole.
Early game, you want to reach 6 as quickly as possible. Don't try to force ganks, as his ganking power is weak pre-6; you should generally only gank if the laner(s) have really strong cc or the enemy is over-extended.

Mid game, you want to help your team acquire map objectives like dragon and buffs, and you should be becoming tanky by this point.

And on that matter, always build WW tanky. I've always thought of Spirit Visage as core on WW because most teams are going to have an AP threat and the m resist will be enough for mid game, and he benefits from every other stat on the item. Other good items include Sunfire, Aegis, Wit's End, GA, and Atma's. You can also finish Bloodrazor towards the end of a game once you're tanked out.

Late game, your mission is to be an anti-carry. Jump onto the largest threat on the enemy team when possible and try to eliminate him or her as an element in the enemy team. You can also use your ult to stop people that are diving your carries, depending on how the game is going.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
#1 to be in the jungle
#2 to have smite
#3 to have smite, seriously
#4 Gank (better when your 6) when someone is pushing lanes and denying your teammates gold
#5 Have dragon control
#6 buy wards
#7 stop your jungle asap if your near a team battle
WW is one of the strongest solo laners in the game. being in the jungle isn't really mandatory.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Do you mean because scrubs will rage at you for not jungling?
If you get a sololane in solo q i dont see why you shouldnt go ww if you still need something tanky

Where can i see the Kayle changes?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Do you mean because scrubs will rage at you for not jungling?
If you get a sololane in solo q i dont see why you shouldnt go ww if you still need something tanky

Where can i see the Kayle changes?
Id rather not piss off my teammates in solo if I can avoid it because some ppl in solo are just so stubborn that you have to just pretend to smile and be nice to them so you can get through the game with the win screen.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
yeah when i read it first it rather sounded like ww needs some team coordination to be a good sololaner

but since you mean that i totally agree

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Game after game after game. So many bad kids. This game is not worth playing. It's by far the dumbest community of gamers I've ever played with.

I wish I liked the game less so I could quit and spare myself so much idiocy.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Game after game after game. So many bad kids. This game is not worth playing. It's by far the dumbest community of gamers I've ever played with.

Then don't play.

That or mute everyone

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Just play with friends only then, don't do something you don't enjoy because of other people. There are going to be bad people in any game.

john!

Smash Hero

favorite quote from TL to date
"to rise in solo queue you need an ego the size of a small planet"
this is really true. yesterday i was a bit upset and would basically demand that my team switch lanes, do dragon/baron, etc. when i told them to. normally i am very passive and easygoing, but by being pissed i won 3/3 ranked games. lol

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Then don't play.

That or mute everyone
It's not even the stuff they say. It's just tolerating their horribly gameplay and trying to win. I only picked up this game because I've been too sick to do Jiu Jitsu and boxing this year because of my illness. I hate how easy it is to have an entire weekend of gaming get wrecked because I have 8 or 10 straight games with complete idiots in my game.

Riot's matchmaking algorithm is to blame more than anything. My last 3 ranked games in a row have had 5+ players with less than 5 wins in ranked between the two teams. It's asinine to match such players with people who have 300 ranked games played and 1000+ normal games. I don't understand why Riot's alg considers that a good match, rather than making us all wait 2 extra minutes for a better matchup. It's asinine. It shows how poor they are at what they do.

Maybe I'll just quit and play some other game until I get well.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i can usually get a win by going pure support and laning with a carry

Top Bottom